Tre Williams (on Saban)-- Little Man Syndrome

bikeriderga

Do not know where exactly to find this exact quote, but Williams is sure "sticking it" into the face of the Bammer nation.

According to the article on al.com, when asked about Sabear, Williams responded with "little man syndrome" on WSPN.

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2014/05/auburn_signee_tre_williams_tho.html

All I can say is WAR EAGLE TRE WILLIAMS!!

Auburn is on the threshold of owning the state, and giving little nicky his walking papers.

I'm a Tre Williams fan and hope he becomes the dominant linebacker we've been missing for several years now. That having been said, it's a little early in his college career to be shooting off at the mouth to such an extent.

I'm a Tre Williams fan and hope he becomes the dominant linebacker we've been missing for several years now. That having been said, it's a little early in his college career to be shooting off at the mouth to such an extent.

Ditto. Let's play some ball first.

He came out on twitter and basically said he wasn't talking to the media anymore, because they twisted what he said.

I just don't think a player who hasn't played a down of college football needs to be taking shots at another teams coach. The comment was correct,of course, but also uncalled for. We want our guys doing the talking on the field.

He came out on twitter and basically said he wasn't talking to the media anymore, because they twisted what he said.

Never too young to learn about how the twisting can happen. No media contact may be overkill at this point.

I just don't think a player who hasn't played a down of college football needs to be taking shots at another teams coach. The comment was correct,of course, but also uncalled for. We want our guys doing the talking on the field.

Agree.

When you're doing a word-association, and the host says "Nick Saban," and you respond "little man syndrome," what is there to twist? There is no context. Unless Tre means something different by "little man syndrome" than the rest of the world, how can this possibly be twisted? Maybe he's just regretting his honesty.

Seems like Tre has a good idea about this rivalry. :hellyeah:

I dont mind that one bit... Id rather have a kid from Mobile who understands the importance of the rivalry than be the other team that signs kids all over the country who really dont understand the passion of the rivalry.

When you're doing a word-association, and the host says "Nick Saban," and you respond "little man syndrome," what is there to twist? There is no context. Unless Tre means something different by "little man syndrome" than the rest of the world, how can this possibly be twisted? Maybe he's just regretting his honesty.

Good point. Maybe lesson learned.

Good point. Maybe lesson learned.

Well if it was purely a reactionary answer then I have no problem with it. If that's the first thing that popped in his head that's pretty funny!

This incident just goes to show how desperate people are for "news" in the off-season. Scarbinsky actually wrote an article about it saying that Tre should apologize for it! A media troll trolls a recent recruit for something juicy to quote, and then pounces on the one humorous off-the-cuff response and blows it up beyond its significance. I hate political correctness. Tre should never ever regret being honest(!?) And he most certainly owes no one an apology. Nick Saban IS a little man, and he DOES come across as an arrogant little asshat, especially in press conferences. Deal with the truth.

Teenagers say stupid stuff all the time. Sounds like Tre was baited and his response was blown out of proportion. Hopefully it's a lesson learned and the only headlines we see in the future about Tre will be on-the-field performance in an AU jersey.

I think this was something small and has been blown up. No one needs to get all over Tre for anything he has done to this point. For the last year, Tre has proven himself to the AU family. He has been pushing the Auburn cause, etc. I expect Tre will be a leader of this class and will be a great teammate.

Tre will be a man before most at his age, he speaks his mind and heart! That's a sign of a mature male, being able to see people for who they are. If only mr. Evans had spent a little more time with Tre, he could have possibly been able to pull the wool from his eyes! WDE Tre!!

JMHO but I'd rather our players not make comments like this to anyone, especially the media. Let your actions, both on and off the field, do your talking.

WDE!

Archived