Bama's problem? Blowing leads to Auburn.

homersapien

Uaters are idiots. Why do we care what they think or say. They are the dumbest fan base in the country.

I saw more rational posts in that thread than I'm used to seeing on a bama forum. It shows that the ones that graduated high school know just how good Auburn is and will continue to be for the rest of our lifetimes.

You really went and read that? They have us in their fight song. Obsessed? Fight on Fight on Fight AUBURN.....

I saw more rational posts in that thread than I'm used to seeing on a bama forum. It shows that the ones that graduated high school know just how good Auburn is and will continue to be for the rest of our lifetimes.

Me too. A few were quite good IMO.

Ya'll do know you don't have to click on it, dont'cha? :dunno:

(Hint: the "tidefans" in the link address is a tip-off of where you're going. Just steel yourself. ;) )

;D

I'll go a step further. I used to troll their sites quite a bit and learned that it wasn't worth it. I always enjoy reading what the enemy is thinking, but it was just too crazy there.

After clicking this link, I (haz-mat suit on) lurked on several other threads. There is a decided difference in tone in all the threads. They scared.

It's not that they think they don't have a great team, rightfully so..........they just don't quite have that empowerment anymore. It's like the playground bully that gets punched in the mouth. The "tide" is turning and they really don't know how to handle it.

I'd suggest that anyone that gave up on reading their garbage in the past..........give it a look. THEY KNOW we coming, and it shows in their posts. (easy enough to skim through the toothless opinions)

I'll go a step further. I used to troll their sites quite a bit and learned that it wasn't worth it. I always enjoy reading what the enemy is thinking, but it was just too crazy there.

After clicking this link, I (haz-mat suit on) lurked on several other threads. There is a decided difference in tone in all the threads. They scared.

It's not that they think they don't have a great team, rightfully so..........they just don't quite have that empowerment anymore. It's like the playground bully that gets punched in the mouth. The "tide" is turning and they really don't know how to handle it.

I'd suggest that anyone that gave up on reading their garbage in the past..........give it a look. THEY KNOW we coming, and it shows in their posts. (easy enough to skim through the toothless opinions)

Their excuse that we are more passionate about the Iron Bowl because we are more focused on beating them than on winning "Championships" is absolutely hilarious. Let's see how many championships are going to be won by the loser of the Iron Bowl. <_<:dunno:

I suppose that once we are an "elite" program like they are, we'll also start focusing on the "championships" instead of winning games it takes to get there.

I was gob-smacked to find a few posters sane enough to point out that a "little brother" who is beating you half the time - more recently more than that - is not so "little".

You really went and read that? They have us in their fight song. Obsessed? Fight on Fight on Fight AUBURN.....

We are in their fight song?

Their excuse is we are more passionate about the Iron Bowl because we are more focused on beating them than focusing on winning "Championships" is absolutely hilarious. Let's see how many championships are going to be won by the loser of the Iron Bowl. <_<:dunno:

I suppose that once we are an "elite" program like they are, we'll also start focusing on the "championships" instead of the winning games it takes to get there.

I was gob-smacked to find a few posters sane enough to point out that a "little brother" who is beating you half the time - or more, recently - is not so "little".

Well obviously this is what happened to us in 2012. We were so focused on winning a championship we forgot about 9 of our games, including the entire SEC schedule. Makes perfect sense!

Uaters are idiots. Why do we care what they think or say. They are the dumbest fan base in the country.

FEPO (for entertainment purposes only). It's the off season; what else is there to do?

No, the line is "Fight on, fight on, fight on men." But they reference Georgia (presumably) and Georgia Tech.

Source: http://www.lyricsondemand.com/miscellaneouslyrics/fightsongslyrics/alabamayeafightsonglyrics.html

Read a post on FB where a bam stated they had 9 national title's. Nearly lost my mind. There are a few intelligent bammers these days.

Yep, and what's crazy is that is a respectable number. If they were touting 9 NCs, I'd be more impressed with that then the 15 or 16 or whatever number they are throwing around now.

Read a post on FB where a bam stated they had 9 national title's. Nearly lost my mind. There are a few intelligent bammers these days.

Yep, and what's crazy is that is a respectable number. If they were touting 9 NCs, I'd be more impressed with that then the 15 or 16 or whatever number they are throwing around now.

That's exactly the thing I consider remarkable (and telling). They took a genuinely impressive history and devalued it by inflating it.

No, the line is "Fight on, fight on, fight on men." But they reference Georgia (presumably) and Georgia Tech.

Source: http://www.lyricsond...songlyrics.html

Lame lyrics.

When was their fight song written/adopted?

Since it refers to their Rose Bowl victories, I would assume later than the 1927-1938 era. However, I'm also guessing it was in that 1908-1947 period when the Iron Bowl wasn't played. That may explain the direct reference to Bulldogs and Yellow Jackets but not us:

Maybe an Auburn-Alabama match was considered highly unlikely at the time or in the future, and neither school saw the other as a big, or even realistic, rival.

(...somewhat surprised references to Tennessee are missing also.)

That's exactly the thing I consider remarkable (and telling). They took a genuinely impressive history and devalued it by inflating it.

Just hope the powers that be don't decide to do the same at AU.

Just hope the powers that be don't decide to do the same at AU.

Agreed.

Archived