90% chance of rain for Saturday.

Eisenhower_1952

Anyone who doesn't realize or admit to the fact that rain will greatly help Arkansas and hurt us is absolutely blind. The zone read exchange with a wet ball is a nightmare. Our uber-talented WRs will be slowed. Open your eyes and see that a wet, sloppy game will only benefit the pigs.

the receivers know where they are going. The defense has to react since they don't know. It is not a big deal.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone who doesn't realize or admit to the fact that rain will greatly help Arkansas and hurt us is absolutely blind. The zone read exchange with a wet ball is a nightmare. Our uber-talented WRs will be slowed. Open your eyes and see that a wet, sloppy game will only benefit the pigs.

There's a chance of a thunderstorm or rainshower - we don't have a tropical storm headed this way to lay down a couple of inches during the game. These pop up showers have been in the area all summer the team should be used to it by now.

You're right, in a monsoon we'll only score 50.

From Alabamawx.com:

Auburn kicks off their season Saturday with a home game against Arkansas at Jordan-Hare Stadium at 3:00. The sky will be mostly cloudy, and there is a 50/50 risk of a shower or thunderstorm during the game. Kickoff temperature near 86, falling into the low 80s by the final whistle. The rain won’t be continuous, but I would take the rain gear.

the receivers know where they are going. The defense has to react since they don't know. It is not a big deal.

QB has to throw it and WRs have to catch it. More to it than route running.

Will us being worried help in any way? We'll make adjustments and move along. WDE.

Rain or as weather always benefits the crappier team. All things being equal, Arkansas can't play with us. So yeah, any change from ideal is to their benefit, but it's not a big deal. It's not a game changer. We threw two passes beyond the LOS last year. Two. This isn't a close contest In terms of talent.

From Alabamawx.com:

Auburn kicks off their season Saturday with a home game against Arkansas at Jordan-Hare Stadium at 3:00. The sky will be mostly cloudy, and there is a 50/50 risk of a shower or thunderstorm during the game. Kickoff temperature near 86, falling into the low 80s by the final whistle. The rain won't be continuous, but I would take the rain gear.

Let's don't let the ladies know about bringing rain gear. We should embrace the Nip Watch and let nature take it's course on the wet t-shirts we may see in JHS on Saturday. :bigblush:

Will us being worried help in any way? We'll make adjustments and move along. WDE.

So I can't point out that it benefits the other team? Nothing that we do on this board will help or hurt our football team. I wasn't attempting to do either one.

Rain or as weather always benefits the crappier team. All things being equal, Arkansas can't play with us. So yeah, any change from ideal is to their benefit, but it's not a big deal. It's not a game changer. We threw two passes beyond the LOS last year. Two. This isn't a close contest In terms of talent.

Bingo!

Not a whole lot of objectivity around here. Why am I not surprised?

You are complaining bout objectivity, yet you are convinced (and trying to convince us) the rain will hurt AU and you won't hear anything different? Try to be a-little open minded.

​If you feel it comes down to a passing game, who's passing game will be more hurt more, us or pigs?

Rain does not always benefit the "crappier team." Rain CAN be beneficial to a horrible defense, if the opposing offense wants to sling it 50 times a game. Other than that, I don't see how rain can be of any advantage to the "crappy " team.

So I can't point out that it benefits the other team? Nothing that we do on this board will help or hurt our football team. I wasn't attempting to do either one.

You pointed it out - thanks. I believe that playing at home, on our well drained turf, with our fans screaming to the top of their lungs benefits our team. Hell, it can become a deluge like the torrential rains we all experienced and ended in a massive celebration in 2010 in JHS and I'd be happy. Remember the flood in JHS in 2010? Lord that was FUN.

So your point is: AU will have to pass the ball to beat the pigs but the fat boy's running game is so good the pigs won't have to pass, to beat us?

Or is your point: The pigs passing game in the rain is just that much better than AU's passing game in bad weather?

So now my point: how does the rain that affects a passing game, helping the pigs and hurting AU? Just asking.

Not a whole lot of objectivity around here. Why am I not surprised?

You are complaining bout objectivity, yet you are convinced (and trying to convince us) the rain will hurt AU and you won't hear anything different? Try to be a-little open minded.

​If you feel it comes down to a passing game, who's passing game will be more hurt more, us or pigs?

I'm extremely open-minded. I pointed out a few reasons why I thought the rain would benefit Arkansas and I got a bunch of reactions like "Yeah we'll only score 50 now!", "There's a new sheriff in town" or " Calm down, we'll adapt". Sorry if those arguments don't exactly sway me.

So your point is: AU will have to pass the ball to beat the pigs but the fat boy's running game is so good the pigs won't have to pass, to beat us?

Or is your point: The pigs passing game in the rain is just that much better than AU's passing game in bad weather?

So now my point: how does the rain that affects a passing game, helping the pigs and hurting AU? Just asking.

I'm assuming this is directed at me...

I never said we have to pass to beat them. Our passing game is something most of us are pretty confident will be fairly strong this year...certainly stronger than Ark's. Rain and sloppy turf benefit a power running game and hurt passing games...therefore "diluting" an advantage of ours.

I never said we have to pass to beat them. Our passing game is something most of us are pretty confident will be fairly strong this year...certainly stronger than Ark's. Rain and sloppy turf benefit a power running game and hurt passing games...therefore "diluting" an advantage of ours.

Possibly diluting one advantage we have, but simultaneously concentrating our biggest advantage ---> the power running game. AU/Gus can execute a power running game to perfection like few others in this league.

Possibly diluting one advantage we have, but simultaneously concentrating our biggest advantage ---> the power running game. AU/Gus can execute a power running game to perfection like few others in this league.

I love our power running game but my concern with that was with the zone read exchanges. Guess we'll see how it turns out.

the zone read is only one part of our offense. Also with it only looking like pop up showers during the game, i think it will have a minimal impact to the field and level of play. now this is also 3 days out and weather in AL can change quickly.

Archived