Florida vs. Alabama

AUTUmike

At least we finally have a pretty full slate of good SEC games this weekend. It's about time that we begin separating the pretenders from the contenders.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At least we finally have a pretty full slate of good SEC games this weekend. It's about time that we begin separating the pretenders from the contenders.

I was thinking the same. Gosh last weekend's lineup was atrocious, across the board save UGA/SC. First couple weekends seem to sputter out of the gate every year now with a lack of good match ups.

These are two of the three that I hate the most in the country so it would be better if they could both lose. I watched a little of Florida vs. Kentucky and it looked like the same florida we saw last year. Driskell is still terrible and Muschamp is still in way over his head. I fully expect uat to win this game comfortably. I haven't (and don't ever) watch uat play but I still think they win this game by 17 or more..

These are two of the three that I hate the most in the country so it would be better if they could both lose. I watched a little of Florida vs. Kentucky and it looked like the same florida we saw last year. Driskell is still terrible and Muschamp is still in way over his head. I fully expect uat to win this game comfortably. I haven't (and don't ever) watch uat play but I still think they win this game by 17 or more..

Just wanted to correct you on one thing.

(1) Florida can't be the same Fl as last season because bg says they are better than Kansas State.

Other than that, I agree 100%. Please keep in mind this is based on what bg says, and he who knows bammer defense better than any NFL scout.

(1) Florida can't be the same Fl as last season because bg says they are better than Kansas State.

You really don't require facts to spew all your garbage do you? I said ALABAMA was better than KSU, and I said it's unreasonable to rank end of season SOS based on preseason rankings and last year's results.

I don't think Florida is better than KSU. Then again, I don't think KSU is a good team either. Which is precisely why I said I expect Auburn to win Thursday by 3 TDs. You continue to tout preseason SOS stuff as if we're not in week 4 of the season...but KSU beat Iowa St 41-7 last year. Just sayin...

You really don't require facts to spew all your garbage do you? I said ALABAMA was better than KSU, and I said it's unreasonable to rank end of season SOS based on preseason rankings and last year's results.

I don't think Florida is better than KSU. Then again, I don't think KSU is a good team either. Which is precisely why I said I expect Auburn to win Thursday by 3 TDs. You continue to tout preseason SOS stuff as if we're not in week 4 of the season...but KSU beat Iowa St 41-7 last year. Just sayin...

I simply type what you say. We will agree on something however. What you say, certainly isn't factual.

BG never said Florida was better than Kansas State. He was pointing out that Kansas State wasn't a good team either because everyone here is saying Alabama hasn't played anyone yet and that includes Florida.

BG's point is that Auburn hasn't played anyone either.

BG never said Florida was better than Kansas State. He was pointing out that Kansas State wasn't a good team either because everyone here is saying Alabama hasn't played anyone yet and that includes Florida.

Well we will see how he feels when arky gives them all they can handle

Sometimes I feel like we treat BG like a bobcat in a cage, poking him with a stick just to see how mad he will get. Please forgive us, BG. If we didn't like you or find your comments worthy of consideration we'd just ignore you.

It's easy to say now that Auburn hasn't played anyone. However, until Auburn pounded Ark no one -absolutely NO ONE - was saying that Ark was no good. The story was all about how improved they were and virtually every bammer was asuring us that Ark would beat Auburn. At that time K St was also very good and would probably beat Auburn. So give BG credit, he's going ahead and saying now, before the game, that K St is no good and nto waiting until afterwards. He's also admitting that AL is no good. They may be better than last year but that could be the case and they could still be awful.

The national media, for their part, seems to think that K St isn't bad. After all they are ranked #20 (of 19?) in polls that only serve to influence the committee. And the line has stayed around 9 since early betting took it up from only 6. So they're getting some respect before the game. I've no doubt however, that if Auburn beats them as badly as most of us expect they will that K St will suddenly become a patsy, just as Ark did as soon as Auburn beat the crap out of them.

And THAT is what is so frustrating; the fact that everyone suddenly becomes a patsy as soon as Auburn beats them. They weren't before but now all that talk about how Wassamatta U would surely beat Auburn is forgotten about by half time. then Auburn is probably going to beat K St by at least 3 TDs, but get no credit for having done so. Auburn lost ground for having a bye week, but will not make up that ground no matter how badly they beat K St. Auburn probably has played a tougher schedule so far than has AL, not that it has been particularly tough. No credit given. After this weekend Auburn will certainly have played the tougher schedule, but will get no credit for it. And most of us really know that if Auburn stands at 5-0 after beating LSU, then LSU will suddenly have become a patsy and Auburn will get no credit for that either.

And that is what's so frustrating

He's also admitting that AL is no good. They may be better than last year but that could be the case and they could still be awful.

I'm not admitting that. Alabama is still a 10 win team regardless. I'm just not ready to admit that we're playoff worthy until I see us play some good offenses (not this weekend) and good defenses (this weekend).

So give BG credit, he's going ahead and saying now, before the game, that K St is no good and nto waiting until afterwards

I don't think KSU is a bad football team. I actually went back and looked at the ISU game - and KSU really should have beaten them much worse. ISU ran a punt back, 3rd down efficiency was awful, and they didn't move the ball well. I just don't think KSU is a team that will finish in the top 25. And when you want to be considered an elite team - a game against #30 or #25 or whatever just should be a no contest, especially in week 4. And that's what I anticipate tonight from Auburn, because I think Auburn is an elite team.

However, until Auburn pounded Ark no one -absolutely NO ONE - was saying that Ark was no good.

Sure they were. You just spent too much time on Arkansas message boards or reading Bielema quotes in the papers. Arkansas is not a good football team. They have a GREAT running game, but an average QB and a below average defense. You can't tout the "Arky is much improved" line, ignore their 3-9 last year, and then talk about how WVU sucks and tout their 4-8 last year as evidence. (not saying you specifically, just "you")

Auburn lost ground for having a bye week

I think there's truth in this. I think it especially hurts perception that the bye was after SJSU.

After this weekend Auburn will certainly have played the tougher schedule, but will get no credit for it

I disagree. Florida > Arkansas. And WVU > KSU. The good thing about the second one is that WVU and KSU play one another, so it'll be settled on the field. The good thing about the first one is that Alabama plays both teams, so that will sort of be settled as well.

I disagree. Florida > Arkansas. And WVU > KSU. The good thing about the second one is that WVU and KSU play one another, so it'll be settled on the field. The good thing about the first one is that Alabama plays both teams, so that will sort of be settled as well.

I'll buy Florida maybe being better than Arkansas. Maybe. But KSU is definitely better than WVU, especially at home. If the game were at a neutral site I would say that you have a better argument but I'd still disagree with you.

But KSU is definitely better than WVU, especially at home. If the game were at a neutral site I would say that you have a better argument but I'd still disagree with you.

That's the beauty of this year, they play each other. Again, still early in the season so we're just guessing...but we'll be able to see for sure in November. I fully admit that I'm working from a very limited sample size.

But KSU is definitely better than WVU, especially at home. If the game were at a neutral site I would say that you have a better argument but I'd still disagree with you.

That's the beauty of this year, they play each other. Again, still early in the season so we're just guessing...but we'll be able to see for sure in November. I fully admit that I'm working from a very limited sample size.

I actually think Arkansas-Florida would be an interesting game. Right now, I'd guess Arky takes it; but will have a better idea after we see UF-Bama.

After this weekend AU and UA's schedules are pretty much even. Unfortunately, it doesn't stay even that long and doesn't even come close to evening out. AU (like many times before) is going to have to earn their playoff spot on the field. Bama playing UF is already into their toughest part of their schedule.

After this weekend AU and UA's schedules are pretty much even. Unfortunately, it doesn't stay even that long and doesn't even come close to evening out. AU (like many times before) is going to have to earn their playoff spot on the field. Bama playing UF is already into their toughest part of their schedule.

I think UGA > UT. But I think UF > USC. Especially for Auburn, because South Carolina absolutely isn't equipped to defend Auburn's attack. That will be a bludgeoning. I think by season's end, Auburn's schedule will prove tougher than Bama's, but not by the order of magnitude everyone was saying it would in the offseason. AU gets A&M, Carolina, and LSU at home. But the @UGA and @Bama to end the season (with the requisite patsy in between just like Bama does) is rough.

If any SECW team gets out undefeated, I'll be utterly shocked.

In a few other threads I have said that I doubt the SEC produces an undefeated team this year. There are definitely too many capable teams in the West that all have to play each other. In the East, only Mizzou has anything resembling a realistic chance of running the table.

In a few other threads I have said that I doubt the SEC produces an undefeated team this year. There are definitely too many capable teams in the West that all have to play each other. In the East, only Mizzou has anything resembling a realistic chance of running the table.

That is probably true. If you are going to lose then make it against a team from the other division and win all your games within your division.

And you know, we still to this day know NOTHING about Mizzou. Seriously. That SECCG last year was a joke. I know they put up some points, but my God that game was over after the first five minutes. I just have a feeling Mizzou in the SEC W would really struggle.

And you know, we still to this day know NOTHING about Mizzou. Seriously. That SECCG last year was a joke. I know they put up some points, but my God that game was over after the first five minutes. I just have a feeling Mizzou in the SEC W would really struggle.

I have a feeling that anyone in the East would really struggle in the West, based on what they have shown for the past few years. Most conferences do not field two legitimate national championship caliber teams on a regular basis, much less contain a division with them. The West is ridiculously brutal.

We will find out about Mizzou when they travel to Columbia to play South Carolina. Even if they make it through their East schedule unscathed, they still have to play A&M at Kyle Field, followed by a trip to Tennessee and ending with Arky at home (without a break between any of them). I would say that if they make it through that, and remain on top of the East race, then they clearly are the best team in that division. I don't currently believe Mizzou makes it through undefeated, I just think they're about the only team that could consider it a slightly realistic possibility.

I think the east race is going to be incredibly fun this year because nobody is going to be without a loss. The gymnastics each fan will employ to see what it will take for THEIR team to win the east is going to be interesting.

I think the east race is going to be incredibly fun this year because nobody is going to be without a loss. The gymnastics each fan will employ to see what it will take for THEIR team to win the east is going to be interesting.

Georgia is a big question mark. The main question being: do they lose virtually all of their starting skill positions like they did last year? I was not ready to crown them championship favorites after they beat what I see as an underwhelming Clemson team. South Carolina showed that they have plenty of weaknesses.

South Carolina is still an unknown too, but they have to pay us a visit in Auburn. I don't expect that to help them much in the East race.

Tennessee and Kentucky are interesting wild cards too. I doubt either of them ends up in contention at any point, but I do believe they will beat a team or two that they aren't supposed to.

After watching Florida play Kentucky to 3OT's in Gainesville, I have a feeling they might be in for another long season. Their defense is still good, but you have to score occasionally to beat good teams.

The West race could get real interesting too, if Auburn, Alabama, LSU, and A&M all turn out to be legit.

I think UF is improved but UK is also improved. I don't think either of them are good enough to make noise in the east. But I do think both of them are good enough to ruin some seasons over there.

I'm about to be ill from crimpson. I'm flying out of the Bham Airport this morning and it is full of bammers and gators. I have talked to a few of the gators. They are ready for Driskel to sit a while and try the #2. They are very disappointed in his effort yesterday. They felt like with the opportunities uat gave them they could have won it or at least been in the game in the 4th quarter.

Archived