Auburn vs. La Tech (9/27) - Kickoff Set

RunInRed

Auburn vs. La Tech will kickoff at 3:00PM CST from Jordan-Hare and will be televised on SEC Network.

- Homecoming game

- The Tigers will also honor the 1989 SEC champs

The rest of the SEC lineup the weekend of September 27th ...

Capture.png

TAMU at Arky should prove to be interesting

I'm thinking the further along in the season it will appear we were fortunate to have played Arkansas when we did.

Well really and truly, being the first game of the season was better for them. They had the entire off season to get ready and they pointed to this game. With only a normal week of preparation, I don't think they come as close as they did.

CBS picking TAMU/Arky over UGA/Tenn ...

And they're picking it over Missouri/South Carolina also.

I think Texas A&M's going to route Arkansas just like they did South Carolina.

Arkansas will beat A&M. A&M's defense still sucks. Arkansas will pound those boys into submission.

Arkansas will beat A&M. A&M's defense still sucks. Arkansas will pound those boys into submission.

I am in agreement with SumterAubie here. After watching the TexTech game and thinking about their 1st half against AU (Arky panicked a bit and went away from the run in the 2nd half) as much as I join the Bert hater club, I do believe that as the season progresses, football fans may be a bit surprised at how good this Arky running game is. The key in this game is the aTm offense vs the Arky D. That will tell the tale.

I am in agreement with SumterAubie here. After watching the TexTech game and thinking about their 1st half against AU (Arky panicked a bit and went away from the run in the 2nd half) as much as I join the Bert hater club, I do believe that as the season progresses, football fans may be a bit surprised at how good this Arky running game is. The key in this game is the aTm offense vs the Arky D. That will tell the tale.

They are going to run up against some good run defenses later and teams will stack the box and force the qb to make plays. They are still a one dimensional team. A&M will force the issue with pace just like Auburn did. They'll make Arky get away from that run game and gas their defense by the mid 3rd qtr.

They are going to run up against some good run defenses later and teams will stack the box and force the qb to make plays. They are still a one dimensional team. A&M will force the issue with pace just like Auburn did. They'll make Arky get away from that run game and gas their defense by the mid 3rd qtr.

That is a very good assessment as well. Honestly, I hope you're right. I am actually a "bit" of a fan of aTm. Like their people, their team, their atmosphere... Can't say anything bad about them. Arky? Well, I don't HATE them, but they do have Bert, so... I just see too many similarities to TexTech and aTm right now on offense. Is "Trill" really that good? Just don't know yet. As for the aTm D? I'm not sure that even if they DO stack the box, they can stop that run game (just can't keep last year's AU game out of my mind) and they did NOT play the same team in USCe that thUGA played...

I hope aTm wins convincingly, but just have a gut feeling Arky is a greatly improved team and if I had to pick today, I'd say Arky wins.

Of course, what this has to do with AU and La Tech? I have no idea. Sorry all.

That is a very good assessment as well. Honestly, I hope you're right. I am actually a "bit" of a fan of aTm. Like their people, their team, their atmosphere... Can't say anything bad about them. Arky? Well, I don't HATE them, but they do have Bert, so... I just see too many similarities to TexTech and aTm right now on offense. Is "Trill" really that good? Just don't know yet. As for the aTm D? I'm not sure that even if they DO stack the box, they can stop that run game (just can't keep last year's AU game out of my mind) and they did NOT play the same team in USCe that thUGA played...

I hope aTm wins convincingly, but just have a gut feeling Arky is a greatly improved team and if I had to pick today, I'd say Arky wins.

Well I said it would be an interesting game and as usual things just went off on a wildly different tangent from there. Oh well.

As to the topic at hand, I like that time slot. Don't have to wait all day but not the 11:00 gotta rush to get ready thing either. Can sit back that evening and enjoy the rest of the games.

In regards to aTm and Arky, I think we should pull for Arky to win. It gives aTm a conference loss and we have already beaten Arky, so for them to be a threat to take our spot in the West standings we would need to lose twice and Arky would need to avoid losing any more games. I feel this is in the best interest of AU to make it to Atlanta.

Of course, our SOS might take a slight hit if we don't play aTm when they are ranked as high as possible.

Well I said it would be an interesting game and as usual things just went off on a wildly different tangent from there. Oh well.

As to the topic at hand, I like that time slot. Don't have to wait all day but not the 11:00 gotta rush to get ready thing either. Can sit back that evening and enjoy the rest of the games.

Oh, yeah, I agree with you completely. I think it'll be a GREAT game actually. Just pointing out to those "sticklers" out there that yes, I realize we were off topic.

LOL!

As for the topic at hand, just to say that I DID address the topic at least, I prefer the La. Tech type games to be early games, so I can just sit back and relax for the "prime time" games, but hey, it's AU football. If they tee'd it up at midnight I'd be owl eyed and watching the game.

In regards to aTm and Arky, I think we should pull for Arky to win. It gives aTm a conference loss and we have already beaten Arky, so for them to be a threat to take our spot in the West standings we would need to lose twice and Arky would need to avoid losing any more games. I feel this is in the best interest of AU to make it to Atlanta.

Of course, our SOS might take a slight hit if we don't play aTm when they are ranked as high as possible.

You are correct. We want the other SECW teams to beat each other up.

You're also correct about SoS, but that- as the ordering of your thoughts above implies- plays a rather distant second fiddle to whatever scenario gets us to Atlanta.

You are correct. We want the other SECW teams to beat each other up.

You're also correct about SoS, but that- as the ordering of your thoughts above implies- plays a rather distant second fiddle to whatever scenario gets us to Atlanta.

Yes, at this point, we should pull for Arky to win that game.

As to whether they will, it all depends on whether they can keep the score close through the first three quarters. If aTm gets out to a 2-3 td lead early, I think aTm slaughters them. If Arky can keep it close for a while, they have a chance to do to aTm what they did to Texas Tech.

Their ranking at the time we play them means nothing. Their W-L record, and that of their opponents, and to some extent margin of victory will factor into SOS. If we beat the #1 team in week 1 and they lose every other game on their schedule, well then they weren't really a #1 team now, were they? Final SOS, not perceived SOS, is what matters.

Their ranking at the time we play them means nothing. Their W-L record, and that of their opponents, and to some extent margin of victory will factor into SOS. If we beat the #1 team in week 1 and they lose every other game on their schedule, well then they weren't really a #1 team now, were they? Final SOS, not perceived SOS, is what matters.

I agree with what you're saying, but at the same time, if A&M loses to Arky, that creates a mess in that Arky would have to turn it up for the rest of the season (and they have an even more brutal schedule than we do, even if it IS primarily due to us playing them as opposed to them playing us) in order to garner a high final ranking, whereas TAMU winning would mean they could lose a game and still be highly ranked. It also means that if we lose to the Aggies, our loss would be against a more highly thought of team than if they lose to Arkansas beforehand.

Naturally, it also would make it all the more difficult for us to reach Atlanta, because even if TAMU is our only loss, they would have to lose two other SEC games, but there are just so many variables at play when looking that far down the line that it's too hard to predict which one for whom we should be cheering. Ergo, I'll be cheering for the Aggies, not because I dislike Arkansas (even though Bert does, indeed, irritate me), but because I've always liked A&M.

I agree with what you're saying, but at the same time, if A&M loses to Arky, that creates a mess in that Arky would have to turn it up for the rest of the season (and they have an even more brutal schedule than we do, even if it IS primarily due to us playing them as opposed to them playing us) in order to garner a high final ranking, whereas TAMU winning would mean they could lose a game and still be highly ranked. It also means that if we lose to the Aggies, our loss would be against a more highly thought of team than if they lose to Arkansas beforehand.

Naturally, it also would make it all the more difficult for us to reach Atlanta, because even if TAMU is our only loss, they would have to lose two other SEC games, but there are just so many variables at play when looking that far down the line that it's too hard to predict which one for whom we should be cheering. Ergo, I'll be cheering for the Aggies, not because I dislike Arkansas (even though Bert does, indeed, irritate me), but because I've always liked A&M.

That's why I don't worry about SOS. You'll drive yourself batty trying to figure the possible scenarios. Just let it all play out. That's my philosophy anyway.

That's why I don't worry about SOS. You'll drive yourself batty trying to figure the possible scenarios. Just let it all play out. That's my philosophy anyway.

Our schedule is strong enough Arky doesn't need to win a game for us to creepy up the SOS ladder in fact playing a strong TAMU at this point is more advantageous for us. Arly also won their power 5 game so woosh

I think picking that game was pre-determined. Isn't it being played in Arlington or Houston? It's in an NFL stadium. I thought it was set for prime time no matter what.

I think picking that game was pre-determined. Isn't it being played in Arlington or Houston? It's in an NFL stadium. I thought it was set for prime time no matter what.

not necessarily. Game times are set by the network. They choose which time slot they want to put it in.

Archived