Week 6 Polls

RunInRed

Coaches Poll

1. Alabama 1,477 (15) (AU vs. Bama @ Bryant-Denny, 11/29/14)

2. Florida State 1,468 (26)

3. Oklahoma 1,422 (14)

4. Oregon 1,407 (7)

5. AUBURN 1,312

6. Baylor 1,191

7. Texas A&M 1,172 (AU vs. TAMU @ Jordan-Hare, 11/08/14)

8. Notre Dame 1,072

9. UCLA 1,007

10. Michigan State 975

11. Ole Miss 907 (AU vs. Ole Miss @ Vaught-Hemingway, 11/01/14)

12. Georgia 824 (AU vs. UGA @ Sanford Stadium, 11/15/14)

13. Stanford 735

14. Mississippi State 708 (AU vs. MSU @ Davis Wade, 10/11/14)

15. LSU 587 (AU vs LSU @ Jordan-Hare, 10/04/14)

16. Wisconsin 571

17. Nebraska 559

18. Ohio State 474

19. BYU 473

20. USC 392

21. East Carolina 255

22. Kansas State 253

23. Oklahoma State 216

24. Arizona State 148

25. TCU 86

Schools Dropped Out:

No. 15 South Carolina, No. 23 Duke.

Others Receiving Votes:

Missouri 83; South Carolina 82; Clemson 81; Arizona 59; Marshall 49; GeorgiaTech 39; Washington 10; Louisville 8; Duke 7; North Carolina 7; Arkansas 5; Iowa 3; Minnesota 3; Cincinnati 1; Texas 1; West Virginia 1.

http://www.usatoday....ts/ncaaf/polls/

AP Poll

1. Florida State 1,416 (27)

2. Oregon 1,405 (13)

3. Alabama 1,387 (13) AU vs. Bama @ Bryant-Denny, 11/29/14)

4. Oklahoma 1,357 (7)

5. AUBURN 1,272

6. Texas A&M 1,206 (AU vs. TAMU @ Jordan-Hare, 11/08/14)

7. Baylor 1,149

8. UCLA 975

9. Notre Dame 972

10. Michigan State 944

11. Ole Miss 906 (AU vs. Ole Miss @ Vaught-Hemingway, 11/01/14)

12. Mississippi State 848 (AU vs. MSU @ Davis Wade, 10/11/14)

13. Georgia 788 (AU vs. UGA @ Sanford Stadium, 11/15/14)

14. Standford 643

15. LSU 636 (AU vs LSU @ Jordan-Hare, 10/04/14)

16. USC 560

17. Wisconsin 502

18. BYU 450

19. Nebraska 445

20. Ohio State 298

21. Oklahoma State 246

22. East Carolina 237

23. Kansas State 216

24. Missouri 145

25. TCU 109

http://collegefootball.ap.org/poll

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For Me- No team stands out,all have glaring issues the downfall of leaving early for draft

1 Oklahoma

2 Auburn

3 Alabama

4 Notre Dame

5 Miss State

6 Oregon

7 Michigan St

8 Ole Miss their defense is sick

9 UCLA finally woke up

10. Florida St

alot of medicore teams this year.

I'm having a hard time understanding how FSU manages to maintain their standing in these polls.

Almost everyone I know, and most all of the talking heads, believe they will implode at some point. The ONLY thing in their favor is their schedule which is beyond ridiculous, and yet they keep casting #1 ballots for these guys.

SEC, ACC, PAC12, BIG12. These are the respective teams from each conference that they want. AU will have to go unbeaten and win big in the SEC Championship to squeak into the top four. And if they do, they will be the fourth seed. Bank it.

SEC, ACC, PAC12, BIG12. These are the respective teams from each conference that they want. AU will have to go unbeaten and win big in the SEC Championship to squeak into the top four. And if they do, they will be the fourth seed. Bank it.

SEC champion, even with one loss, will be in the playoff. As for the seed it really doesn't matter, to me anyway. Just get in and then play the games.

Why the hell is Notre Dame in the top 10?? They are 4-0, but they've played Rice, Michigan, Purdue, and Syracuse. Seriously?!?

Why the hell is Notre Dame in the top 10?? They are 4-0, but they've played Rice, Michigan, Purdue, and Syracuse. Seriously?!?

Didn't you hear? Everyone loves the Irish. :poke:

SEC champion, even with one loss, will be in the playoff. As for the seed it really doesn't matter, to me anyway. Just get in and then play the games.

Not if they are from the East. A one loss SEC east champ is not lock. Everyone knows the east is weak.

If some of these teams shouldn't have a chance regardless of their record or play, then why even rank them? Everyone hates on the ACC and FSU, who won the BCS last year? Life exists outside of the SEC.

Not if they are from the East. A one loss SEC east champ is not lock. Everyone knows the east is weak.

Respectfully disagree. IMHO a one loss champion from the SEC east would get in. Relative to the west they don't look as good but that is just because the west is so stacked.

For Me- No team stands out,all have glaring issues the downfall of leaving early for draft

1 Oklahoma

2 Auburn

3 Alabama

4 Notre Dame

5 Miss State

6 Oregon

7 Michigan St

8 Ole Miss their defense is sick

9 UCLA finally woke up

10. Florida St

alot of medicore teams this year.

My bias detector smashed into a thousand pieces.

Respectfully disagree. IMHO a one loss champion from the SEC east would get in. Relative to the west they don't look as good but that is just because the west is so stacked.

Unless bama is the west team that loses. They will take bama in a heartbeat. My Lord, they didn't even play and slid into the #1 position.

UCLA moved into top 10 - maybe they will now be the darlings of the media instead of TA&M - I can't believe so many still want tot he ink TA&M is a top 4 team jsut because they beat SCar in the first game. And now UCLA beat a top-15 ranked ASU, so they should get he same love.

Unless bama is the west team that loses. They will take bama in a heartbeat. My Lord, they didn't even play and slid into the #1 position.

I don't think the members of the selection committee have that kind of blind love for Alabama like others do. In this first year of the playoff they won't risk the backlash that would occur if they did that.

I agree, but I don't think any team out of the East even makes it to Atlanta with less than 2. Heck, the contenders are dwindling as it is, haha. Georgia, Mizzou, UF, and UK are the only four left with 1 loss, and only UF and UK have played each other from that group. Georgia is the only realistic shot the East has, but they will have to run the rest of the east, beat us and Arky to get there. Not to mention win in Atlanta.

How does a team that lost their last 2 games of the previous season; got blown out in their bowl game; and has not played a quallty team this year get ranked #1 during an off week.???? Did I miss something? Did the previous week's #1 team lose? The media's love affair with lil' nicky and his paid for team is bizzare at best and unhealthy for college football. >:(

You're delusional if you think an unbeaten, SEC Champion, Auburn (or any other West team) would be a 4th seed.

BTW, tell me who "they" are since you're so sure of your opinion.

Geez man, no need to get hostile. It's just a discussion. AU.

I'm in no way hostile, but glad you consider it just a discussion considering your baseless opinionated claims.

Archived