Interesting Nugget from ESPN's "SEC Week 6 At A Glance" segment...

AUsince72

The decision of whether to be on offense or defense if we win the coin toss is becoming more interesting.

I always prefer playing defense first, personally, just because I'd rather have the ball first in the second half.

The decision of whether to be on offense or defense if we win the coin toss is becoming more interesting.

I always prefer playing defense first, personally, just because I'd rather have the ball first in the second half.

With LOTS of crowd noise.

First offensive play of the game for LSU, I'd totally give up 5 yards for Monty Adams to get called for encroachment to just barrel over the guard or center to get in the QB's head prior to the first snap. Nothing dirty (Adams does it once every other game on accident, anyways) but just let Harris know "I'm coming for you"

Also, I seem to remember TONS of first start QB's giving AU fits in the past. It's pretty scary actually. I hope we bring pressure from every which direction and get his head spinning as early as possible. I think we can give up on the idea of getting a pass rush with our front 4, so we need to blitz the heck out of LSU.

:slapfh:

I am trying to forget. ;D

I'm thinking a little bit of this from 2002.

'LSU's Tigers (6-2, 3-1) managed just 242 total yards. Quarterback Marcus Randall threw four interceptions -- including three in his first five passes -- and completed just 9 of 20 for 79 yards.

Randall, making his second start for the injured Matt Mauck, was constantly forced into making mistakes. Travaris Robinson set up Auburn's first touchdown with a 64-yard interception return, and Karlos Dansby set up the Tigers' last score with a 60-yard return.'

Randall was the worst qb we have had in the past 20 years

First offensive play of the game for LSU, I'd totally give up 5 yards for Monty Adams to get called for encroachment to just barrel over the guard or center to get in the QB's head prior to the first snap. Nothing dirty (Adams does it once every other game on accident, anyways) but just let Harris know "I'm coming for you"

Also, I seem to remember TONS of first start QB's giving AU fits in the past. It's pretty scary actually. I hope we bring pressure from every which direction and get his head spinning as early as possible. I think we can give up on the idea of getting a pass rush with our front 4, so we need to blitz the heck out of LSU.

I think we should employ the same plan as we had with KSU. Contain the QB and let the secondary do what they've been doing. Our DBs have really stepped up their play. I think we'll see alot of odd looks with Therezie this week. With possibly both LBs still injured or playing gimpy. ..look for alot of double star looks IMO. I think RT and JG have a big day.

Hope we get Mckinzy back.

We will certainly need a big run stopping body such as his. I think LSU will need to lean on the run early while getting their true freshamn QB settled in. Auburn needs to jump on it, snuff it out, and get an early score

Archived