Ellis Johnson

Ed_

• Replies 803
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You can actually look at it the other way as well. Ole miss offense has been horrible, they have 3 or 4 turnovers, special teams have been bad and they still have only given up 20 through the third quarter....Our defense gave that up in 3 or 4 possessions

To blame dropped passes on a receivers coach is quite possibly the dumbest thing i have ever heard. As a coach you can't go out on the field and catch it for them. The only way that it would be a problem is if he (receivers coach never had pass catching drills during practice. I highly doubt that that is happening.

64, for all your excuses for the D, I want you to look at something. It's called ARKANSAS. Half the players that we have and shutting out Ole Miss after shutting out a much improved since playing us LSU. Any excuse you can make for our D can be made for Arkansas times ten. Somehow, they are playing shut down defense. How in the world do you explain the discrepancy between them and us????????

Add to this that we fall on players on defense. We don't knock people down, or push them back and dump them. We grab them and hold on. Or not. Please Lord let me see and hear somebody get clobbered by an AU defense again before I leave this earth.

64, for all your excuses for the D, I want you to look at something. It's called ARKANSAS. Half the players that we have and shutting out Ole Miss after shutting out a much improved since playing us LSU. Any excuse you can make for our D can be made for Arkansas times ten. Somehow, they are playing shut down defense. How in the world do you explain the discrepancy between them and us????????

Add to this that we fall on players on defense. We don't knock people down, or push them back and dump them. We grab them and hold on. Or not. Please Lord let me see and hear somebody get clobbered by an AU defense again before I leave this earth.

Me and u both

I don't think you're wrong in saying the 3-4 year plan is key in seeing how the coach really does, but I guess the question is whether or not it is worth dumping CEJ for somebody like Muschamp. It might be worth it in the long run to get Muschamp and take the transition lumps again due to CWM having a higher ceiling than CEJ.

Of course, CWM could also leave in a few years starting the cycle back, but then again, CEJ could retire too.

We have seen Muschamp as DC at AU for a few years and the defense was 100x times better than it has looked at any time since CEJ has been at AU. Sure, there are more than a few reasons one can point to that give reasons as to why CWM's era was better than the CEJ era. Such as HUNH offenses, Tubs always having good Defenses, etc

"I'm not going to sit there and say we're doing some of the same things everybody else in America does, but we have to do it on a more consistent basis."-CEJ

What does that mean? Is he referring to tackling?

It means the same thing as these quotes.......

"If we feel we are doing the right thing it doesn't matter to me what the results are, we are going to keep doing on doing it" -CEJ

" I think it's obvious where there were a lot of things where our players didn't perform well from an execution standpoint, from a physical standpoint, from a lot of things. " -CEJ

"If we feel we are doing the right thing it doesn't matter to me what the results are, we are going to keep doing on doing it" -CEJ

" I think it's obvious where there were a lot of things where our players didn't perform well from an execution standpoint, from a physical standpoint, from a lot of things. " -CEJ

Is that some kind of secret code or encrypted way of talking?

Is that some kind of secret code or encrypted way of talking?

"I'm not going to sit there and say we're doing some of the same things everybody else in America does, but we have to do it on a more consistent basis."-CEJ :headscratch:

I think it's in the punctuation. Maybe it's:

"I'm not going to sit there and say we're doing some of the same things. Everybody else in America does, but we have to do it on a more consistent basis." -CEJ

or

"I'm not going to sit there and say. We're doing some of the same things everybody else in America does, but we have to do it on a more consistent basis." -CEJ

or

"I'm not going to sit there and....

Say! We're doing some of the same things! Everybody else in America does, but we have to do it on a more consistent basis." -CEJ

or

"I'm not going to sit there and say, 'We're doing some of the same things everybody else in America does, but we have to do it on a more consistent basis.' " -CEJ

:dunno:

Ellis needs to take the high road and just retire from Auburn. He was a goodun and now it's time to move on. I also think every assist. Needs to be seriously reevaluated. We have a couple of others who need reassignment/walking papers.

Ellis needs to take the high road and just retire from Auburn. He was a goodun and now it's time to move on. I also think every assist. Needs to be seriously reevaluated. We have a couple of others who need reassignment/walking papers.

He may retire from Auburn, but probably not this year. I think he believes his D schemes are good and would be effective if only the players would just make fewer mistakes. If he goes at the end of this season, it'll be because he's been forced out.

Guest jojo1515

I'm hoping it can be negotiated for him to leave. I think he has had a quality career over a long period and it just isn't working out at AU. Not sure AU can afford to fire him, so I hope he is willing to make a deal. Otherwise, I won't be looking forward to next year at all. It's possible he could get some new position coaches if he refuses to leave that may help but I wouldn't count on too many good ones coming to coach under a guy already on the seat running a strange scheme....probably be better for everybody if he just retires or takes a job somewhere else...

Guest jojo1515

He has (7) years in the Alabama school system. Isnt it 9 years before you get the pension?

So you're saying he should coach at bama for 2 years? I like it

He has (7) years in the Alabama school system. Isnt it 9 years before you get the pension?

Please God don't let them use the Tubberville method for who gets let go and when.

Ellis seems like the type of coach who is that self aware to just retiring...

I agree. I expect that will be announced sometime soon after auburn beats the bammers and Florida beats FSU.

I agree. I expect that will be announced sometime soon after auburn beats the bammers and Florida beats FSU.

Fingers crossed

no way....he sued bama when they let him go in the 90s... then after the trainwreck at southern miss, took a 4 year buyout after coaching only 1 year and failing to win a single game....

if he is 'self aware to retiring' there will be a lot of zeros on the retirement check

Don't think Ellis is going anywhere. AU can't afford to pay off his contract. And Ellis young wife does not want him to retire. IMO.

Archived