Down but never out - Nick Marshall

tigermac

http://grantland.com...-auburn-tigers/

Great article on Nick Marshall and his history here at Auburn as well as affirming the fact that we still have a chance to reach our championship aspirations. We are still alive in the SEC race and the national playoff picture. It may be a slight chance, but as has been proven with Nick at QB on the Plains: it ain't over til it's over. I, for one, will believe in this team's ability to reach its goals as long as it is possible. Oh, ye of little faith, let's get past the losses and get ready to cheer on these young men as we attack Amen Corner!

Just put Jeremy in the last play if its 41-38 please

Please share more of your in-depth analysis and coaching points dealing with successfully moving the pigskin across the goal line.

I almost bit on this one. Try to disguise the hook with bait and not just leave it dangling. Cheers

The only time it seems JJ is better suited right now to play in games is if we are down 35-0 and have to abandon the run 100%. Otherwise, with only a few games left in his college eligibility, NM has shown he can bring the O back into the game.

It was great to see a really positive national article about NM, especially on a cool site like Grantland.

Please share more of your in-depth analysis and coaching points dealing with successfully moving the pigskin across the goal line.

Alright I got you, see you get the ball (its not a given the ball is gonna get to your hands apparently), and then you run in the hole that was designed for you to run into. Good enough?

If Nick Marshall had $1,000,000 cash in his hand and gave $999,999 of it to some of these fans, they would bitch about the $1 he didn't give them.

Ain't that the truth!

If Nick Marshall had $1,000,000 cash in his hand and gave $999,999 of it to some of these fans, they would bitch about the $1 he didn't give them.

This is hilarious. I admittedly focus on NM's short comings and possibly take the positives he offers for granted. But I've just come to accept that he is an absolute beast operating the run game. Probably the best in the country. While Mariota is very good, Nick Marshall would be able to avoid being tackled in a phone booth.

Loof, you are my spirit animal.

This team as a whole gets way too much crap. This is one of the better Auburn teams we've seen the last 10 years and people complain as if they're the 2012 team. They don't deserve the crap we give them. I'm just happy to watch them when I can.

Nick has heart, and this cannot be coached. He wants to win, and is willing to put himself on the line each and every play. I have nothing but respect for this young man.

I'm not worried about NM stepping up.

I'm FREAKED out about the defense and worried about them stepping up - taking correct angles, making tackles, covering the screen passes, and covering the slants passes!!!

I'm not worried about NM stepping up.

I'm FREAKED out about the defense and worried about them stepping up - taking correct angles, making tackles, covering the screen passes, and covering the slants passes!!!

THERE ARE 764 FREAKING THREADS ON THIS FORUM FOR WHINING ABOUT THE DEFENSE. Please find your way to one of them. And once you get there, please try to come up with something to say that dozens of people haven't already, many times and in many locations. TIA

LOL :-). Or, better yet, have Gus make the right call w/o getting cute!

There is nothing cute about that play. It's essentially the identity/bread and butter/heart and soul/what have you of our offense. We'd already scored 3 touchdowns from inside the red zone in that game with that play, 2 of them with Marshall keeping the ball. It was absolutely the right play call, and Nick was absolutely the right quarterback in that situation. He and CAP just didn't execute. It happens.

LOL :-). Or, better yet, have Gus make the right call w/o getting cute!

There is nothing cute about that play. It's essentially the identity/bread and butter/heart and soul/what have you of our offense. We'd already scored 3 touchdowns from inside the red zone in that game with that play, 2 of them with Marshall keeping the ball. It was absolutely the right play call, and Nick was absolutely the right quarterback in that situation. He and CAP just didn't execute. It happens.

I was not saying THAT play was cute. I was saying that should have been Gus's call but he has been known on a few occasions to go for a fancy play when not needed so I would want him to be conservative there.

Archived