Virginia Tech wins NC in a playoff system

VTMike

I realize that was just for fun, but I wonder if they updated the rosters or if they used the same attributes for the players that they were originally given. The reason I ask is because I think Campbell was around 88-90 on the game, but if they updated the rosters he should be at least a 97. His passing numbers were low in those games.

pretty cool scenario except whoever wrote that does not know diddly about football since "our" kickoff returner Tre Smith has been hurt for sometime and therefore would not be returning kicks in the NC. :no:

It says on the front page there, they didn't adjust any players.

That's very interesting. I think those scenarios would not be uncommon if there were to be a playoff. There would be an upset or two and then people would say something needed to be done about that.

I think the old bowl system was the best. I mean if we're gonna leave the MNC up to voting by coaches and writers anyway why not play the bowl games like they used to? There sure would be some hellacious matchups this year.

I realize that was just for fun, but I wonder if they updated the rosters or if they used the same attributes for the players that they were originally given.  The reason I ask is because I think Campbell was around 88-90 on the game, but if they updated the rosters he should be at least a 97.  His passing numbers were low in those games.

131986[/snapback]

he is 85 I think

It says on the front page there, they didn't adjust any players.

That's very interesting. I think those scenarios would not be uncommon if there were to be a playoff. There would be an upset or two and then people would say something needed to be done about that.

I think the old bowl system was the best. I mean if we're gonna leave the MNC up to voting by coaches and writers anyway why not play the bowl games like they used to? There sure would be some hellacious matchups this year.

131991[/snapback]

I agree! At least with the old bowl system you had 3-5 bowl games that had impact on who the NC would be. Now, only one bowl game matters and the rest of the bowl games are really of no interest unless you are a fan of the team playing in it.

Archived