2015 4* OT Chidi Valentine Okeke (LSU signee)

WarEagleAU

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

AU is "trending" ... he commits tonight.

AL.com reporting he is unofficially visiting Auburn today. Has to seem like we get him tonight if that's the case.

http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/index.ssf/2015/01/signing_day_countdown_where_au_3.html?hootPostID=5043978cf1202500edb23ae231d08739

Anyone have insight into proper pronunciation?

In my head, it's all "long E" sounds:

CHEE-dee O-KEE-kee

?

Thanks.

Anyone have insight into proper pronunciation?

In my head, it's all "long E" sounds:

CHEE-dee O-KEE-kee

?

Thanks.

"VAL-en-tine"

;)

LOL.

Anyone think COV's announcement gives us anything about Ivey?

I assume this means we don't look good for Tez

I'd guess that's a natural assumption. Only, I'm not sure it's correct. One thing about COV is the talk that he may not qualify. I'm pulling for the kid, of course. But if he's not going to qualify, do you think that lends support to the idea we're not looking good for Tez, or does it undermine that assumption?

I'd guess that's a natural assumption. Only, I'm not sure it's correct. One thing about COV is the talk that he may not qualify. I'm pulling for the kid, of course. But if he's not going to qualify, do you think that lends support to the idea we're not looking good for Tez, or does it undermine that assumption?

I'd say the later. Tez wants to come in and play immediately. If COV commits to the good guys, then we miss on Tez come NSD.

I'd say the later. Tez wants to come in and play immediately. If COV commits to the good guys, then we miss on Tez come NSD.

Unless COV's commitment doesn't really mean he's coming here (in case he doesn't qualify).

I doubt that Ivey is worried about Okeke beating him out for playing time. Now, earlier in this thread (I think this thread) there was a LOT of talk about Okeke not going to have the grades to get in school. Anybody have any good information on that?

Could a commitment tonight actually end up being for the 2016 class???

Maybe not intentionally, but absolutely. A commitment is not binding, only an LOI.

Edit: Actually, there's probably a discussion to be had about LOI vs. actual enrollment. But the commitment is not binding, to 2015 or Auburn.

I doubt that Ivey is worried about Okeke beating him out for playing time. Now, earlier in this thread (I think this thread) there was a LOT of talk about Okeke not going to have the grades to get in school. Anybody have any good information on that?

Not the fact that he's worried, but we'd have 5 OL commits, plus a stable of players already here. That's a lot of competition.

Yep.

AU is "trending" ... he commits tonight.

AL.com reporting he is unofficially visiting Auburn today. Has to seem like we get him tonight if that's the case.

http://www.al.com/au...db23ae231d08739

And its funny because now Bama is making a push for him since it looks like Prince is going to flip to OSU. Saban is visiting him tonight according to their boards before he announces.

It seemed that all the "rumors" about him not qualifying came AFTER his Bama visit and that is when supposedly Bama "backed off". You have to wonder if they just didn't get the "vibes" they wanted. I think it was Ellitor that said on another board that some insiders thought all the talk about him not qualifying might have been BS started from the Bama camp and that the AU staff felt good about his chances.

I heard that too about him not qualifying is BS. That's bull crap though, I hate Bama. Saban always gets his way.

Kick Six, a comeback from 24 down and whatever the score was in the recent beat down by OSU are proof positive that Saban does not always get his way. Also, Roc Thomas and Trey Williams are proof positive that Saban doesn't always get his way. He's tough competition, but not nearly as tough as the Cheatin' Bear was.

Archived