2015 4* OT Chidi Valentine Okeke (LSU signee)

WarEagleAU

And a 3* on Rivals. Not usually such a discrepancy, 1 star rating occurs, and Scout is always different and the one that no one seems to give any credibility too. I would have thought that he might have gotten a bump on the last go round from Rivals though.

If there is a ever a recruit for this sort of thing to happen to though, he (and Tega) would be the type. Very high raw ability, though without refined technique or much game experience. Combine that with the fact that their reclassifications limited the amount of evaluation the services could do on them for this cycle and you've got the perfect recipe for disparity of opinion.

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And a 3* on Rivals. Not usually such a discrepancy, 1 star rating occurs, and Scout is always different and the one that no one seems to give any credibility too. I would have thought that he might have gotten a bump on the last go round from Rivals though.

If there is a ever a recruit for this sort of thing to happen to though, he (and Tega) would be the type. Very high raw ability, though without refined technique or much game experience. Combine that with the fact that their reclassifications limited the amount of evaluation the services could do on them for this cycle and you've got the perfect recipe for disparity of opinion.

What you say is entirely true. I question if any player should get even a 4*, let alone 5* rating with so little football experience and so little being known about them. Heck, nobody seems to be certain what class they are even in.

These kids playing game and enjoying the hype. It's gotten comical.

Don't think Chidi is playing any games. He was set to announce for AU last night before uat got a visit. Now he just wants to make sure he makes the right choice. uat all over Chidi is a little odd. They like their OL's a LOT more seasoned than Chidi. I don't think they will have the patience that AU does when it comes to kids like this.

Don't think Chidi is playing any games. He was set to announce for AU last night before uat got a visit. Now he just wants to make sure he makes the right choice. uat all over Chidi is a little odd. They like their OL's a LOT more seasoned than Chidi. I don't think they will have the patience that AU does when it comes to kids like this.

They're back on Chidi because the OL Bama got Friday, Isaiah Prince, took an incognito OV Sunday and Monday and is now expected to flip to tOSU.

'It is not enough that I succeed. Others must fail.'

Hope I'm not being too 'tin foil hat'-ish here, but it is very important to saban that bama beat AU. He seems to keep a couple of slots open every year to pick off uncommitted AU targets. Sure, they'll sit on the bench for 2 or 3 years and then transfer, but it keeps them off the AU roster - which is what matters. Why kids don't catch on to this trickery, I can't say. I hope in the coming seasons that AU locks the prized guys down earlier. It will be better for AU and these young men.

Hope I'm not being too 'tin foil hat'-ish here, but it is very important to saban that bama beat AU. He seems to keep a couple of slots open every year to pick off uncommitted AU targets. Sure, they'll sit on the bench for 2 or 3 years and then transfer, but it keeps them off the AU roster - which is what matters. Why kids don't catch on to this trickery, I can't say. I hope in the coming seasons that AU locks the prized guys down earlier. It will be better for AU and these young men.

Has nothing to do with keeping him away from AU. That's just an added bonus. They want an OT. If they don't hold Isaiah or flip Drew Richmond then they're taking Chidi to fill their believed need.

The reason guys don't "catch on" is because all of them are talented. Even in a loaded group like Bama has had each of the last few years, there will be busts, and those busts are hard to predict. If guys sign there, they've got the same opportunity as any other signee, and if they are the ones that impress the coaches, they won't be the ones getting processed. Saban may be a jerk, but he's an equal-opportunity jerk. It doesn't matter if you were the top guy in the class. If you're not cutting it, he'll cut you (or "help" you find a place to land or "offer" an opportunity to continue your education despite your career-ending "injury").

I don't get the impression chidi is playing games. I think he is getting massive sales pitches from the best salesmen college football has to offer in back to back visits. Not to mention who knows who is pounding him with phone calls.

I would bet the kids head was about to explode with the pressure knowing he was just a few hours from going on TV to announce. The pressure got to him and he called it all off.

I'll be honest ... This seems like the kind of situation where it would not surprise me if this kid went to LSU (weds in home) just to get away from all of the auburn and alabama football nuts.

I don't get the impression chidi is playing games. I think he is getting massive sales pitches from the best salesmen college football has to offer in back to back visits. Not to mention who knows who is pounding him with phone calls.

I would bet the kids head was about to explode with the pressure knowing he was just a few hours from going on TV to announce. The pressure got to him and he called it all off.

I'll be honest ... This seems like the kind of situation where it would not surprise me if this kid went to LSU (weds in home) just to get away from all of the auburn and alabama football nuts.

I agree with some of what you said, but disagree with others. I think Okeke was fully prepared to commit to AU last night, then he got the visit from Saban, who told him we love you again, we may be able to take you but it may take a couple of days before we find out. We just ask you to hold off.

And that is what Okeke did. He is in wait stage now.

This has Sabisim all over it. He just does not want him to commit to AU. He will probably be a bench warmer for a couple of years if he goes with turds.

What's in foil hatish about that? Go back and look at what happens to decent coaches at both Alabama and Auburn who don't beat the other team more times than not. If I had a multimillion dollar a year job that was partially dependent on beating the other team then you better believe I'd be trying to undercut them at every turn.

The tinfoil hat part applies to this notion that Saban poaches Auburn recruits just so we can't have them. And, yes, it's extremely tinfoil hat-ish, but somehow a very popular idea.

Rather have Ivey but both would be sweet. The fact that the turds just showed up all of a sudden after backing away should tell this young man all he needs to know about lord satan.

The irrational paranoia in our family sometimes makes me SMH. Some of it is justified but not here at all. If Saban wants him and gets him it's because he wants a second tackle in this class if they lose Isaiah Prince. He may ride the bench if he chose Bama. He could just as easily ride it at AU. How CVO develops will tell if he rides the bench or not. If he chooses Bama Saban will not just put him there.

The irrational paranoia in our family sometimes makes me SMH. Some of it is justified but not here at all. If Saban wants him and gets him it's because he wants a second tackle in this class if they lose Isaiah Prince. He may ride the bench if he chose Bama. He could just as easily ride it at AU. How CVO develops will tell if he rides the bench or not. If he chooses Bama Saban will not just put him there.

Yeah but without all that irrational paranoia message boards wouldn't be as fun.

If there was ever a kid playing games it isn't this kid. Lord, it was painful to watch him struggle trying to explain why he wasn't going to commit last night. The kid really is torn in deciding what to do. He almost brought me to tears watching him. He's a foreign kid and can't speak very fluent English and I really felt sorry for him.

If there was ever a kid playing games it isn't this kid. Lord, it was painful to watch him struggle trying to explain why he wasn't going to commit last night. The kid really is torn in deciding what to do. He almost brought me to tears watching him. He's a foreign kid and can't speak very fluent English and I really felt sorry for him.

Yeah he just needs more time.

Best of luck for him. He's in a good position though, wish i could tell him that.

Don't count him out yet. Burt actually decommed from UT and went back. We will be good either way. One OL does not a NC make.

Couldnt agree more- this signing won't make or break this class. If Bama hadn't backed off originally, he already would have committed there. If he signs with us, great, and if not, that's OK too. Kid is 18 years old and deciding your life for next 4 years is not an easy decision.

Archived