2015 4* OT Chidi Valentine Okeke (LSU signee)

WarEagleAU

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okeke might not make his grades so he may reclassify back to 2016, not Prince. I think he's good to go.

How does one reclassify? I know some must go to prep school or go the JUCO route if their grades aren't good enough but the term "reclassify" is a new one on me. Do you know what it is and how it works?

Okeke might not make his grades so he may reclassify back to 2016, not Prince. I think he's good to go.

How does one reclassify? I know some must go to prep school or go the JUCO route if their grades aren't good enough but the term "reclassify" is a new one on me. Do you know what it is and how it works?

I would assume the only we he gets reclassified is if he doesn't have the credits to graduate from high school.

If he reclassifies will he be eligible to do Official Visits next year if he has already went on some this year? I believe OV's are only for seniors and there is a maximum of 5, one per school.

If he reclassifies will he be eligible to do Official Visits next year if he has already went on some this year? I believe OV's are only for seniors and there is a maximum of 5, one per school.

Good question..

Good question..

My best uneducated guess would be that the recruiting process starts anew and he gets another round of OV's.

Good question..

My best uneducated guess would be that the recruiting process starts anew and he gets another round of OV's.

you're probably right. I was wondering if it might possibly affect his elgibility.

I have read that CVO like Tenga is not from this country and because of this they his current school may look at his credits in a different way. Leaving him short of graduation requirements. just a thought.... From what I have read Tenga is a top student..

Wasn't Okeke first classified as a 2016 recruit? That may have been a mistake. Not sure when it got changed or corrected.

Wasn't Okeke first classified as a 2016 recruit? That may have been a mistake. Not sure when it got changed or corrected.

He was. No clue how much if any of this is true, but I heard he was placed in the class of'16 due to his age. For a while it appeared as though he met the requirements to essentially skip his senior year and graduate with the class of '15. However, when they did a more thorough audit of his transcripts he's a few credits short.

I took college classes while in high school. Every year a few kids at my school would do so to get a bit of a head start. I don't know if that's an option for him considering he's a football prospect, or if that would even have any bearing on his situation.

WDE!

Yeah I don't understand why you reclassify yourself and start taking visits unless you are definitely going to graduate and qualify. He should have remained a 2016 recruit if it was this much in doubt.

If he does end up not being unable to qualify, any chance that we'd take him as a sign and place?

If we let him sign on NSD...we won't have much of a choice as he will be using one of the available 28 spots whether he qualifies or not...

If he does end up not being unable to qualify, any chance that we'd take him as a sign and place?

If we let him sign on NSD...we won't have much of a choice as he will be using one of the available 28 spots whether he qualifies or not...

Yeah, I get that. I was just wondering if it comes to that point, and we are pretty sure that he won't qualify to we sign and place him to more or less lock him up and get him on one year, or do we pass entirely and try again in 1 or 2.

Yeah, I get that. I was just wondering if it comes to that point, and we are pretty sure that he won't qualify to we sign and place him to more or less lock him up and get him on one year, or do we pass entirely and try again in 1 or 2.

Good question

Depends on how many big dogs we get on NSD. If we have a few spots left, maybe give him one. It also depends on how the staff feel about next years offensive line recruits and if they may get some that are lower risk/higher reward.

The "sign and place" tactic went out when the NCAA passed the Nutt Rule several years ago. If you sign a non-qualifier, that slot is lost. You cannot pick it up the next year with an early enrollee, it's simply lost if the kid can't get in by January of 2016.

Sign and place is not an acceptable alternative, it's better to sign nobody to that slot and use it for an EE next year.

The "sign and place" tactic went out when the NCAA passed the Nutt Rule several years ago. If you sign a non-qualifier, that slot is lost. You cannot pick it up the next year with an early enrollee, it's simply lost if the kid can't get in by January of 2016.

Sign and place is not an acceptable alternative, it's better to sign nobody to that slot and use it for an EE next year.

Didn't know this. That does change things.

Mikey is right. But we usually sign a couple who are close but we feel good about them qualifying. Been lucky last couple of years. I would say wouldn't take a chance on someone with less than a 50% chance unless they were 5*, but I'm sure there are other factors that none of us know about. WDE

Archived