2015 4* OT Chidi Valentine Okeke (LSU signee)

WarEagleAU

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would like to hear E's take and WDEwde's take or 23's. It is funny that the delay coincides with Sabans visit

Not funny at all. UNFORTUNATELY, when Saban talks, people listen. Especially high school kids and their coaches.

They especially listen when their current high school transcripts might otherwise keep them from qualifying.

Do we really want somebody that doesn't want to be here?

Well, no, but sometimes yes.

I think we'd all prefer to sign a class full of guys that dream of playing for Auburn (just like we do), but in reality we need to sign the best players we can. Cam and Nick both picked another school over Auburn (although I don't think we were much of a player for NM coming out of HS), same for Golson and Matthews. In retrospect, we could probably have used Philon on the DL last year.

That said, this year we happen to be in a position with OL prospects where we don't have to take no s--t from nobody. Ivey or CVO would be a good get, but I'm perfectly happy with the gang we're bringing in. With the addition of Golson, we might have the best OL class in the country.

This waiting game deal is no fun, but if we flinch we might be gift wrapping him for dink who can then decide if he wants to open or regift.

WDE!

Do we really want somebody that doesn't want to be here?

Lots of blue-chippers have several good options to choose from. It doesn't mean they "don't want to be here" or there in particular. And just about all of them grow to love the school they signed with in the end. This is a non-issue.

I dont see how his ratings can be so varied. I dont think I've ever seen a kid be rated a 3*, 4*, and 5*

That being said, I am A ok with him not committing to us tonight. We need defense more than an additional OL. We already have like 3 or 4 4* linemen committed plus adding Goldson...

The way they just made it seem on the show doesn't seem like hes committing tonight.

Yep. Opening line was something to the effect of "he'll be joining us tonight to update his recruitment."

I've gotta imagine if he was committing tonight they would've made a bigger deal out of it

The way they just made it seem on the show doesn't seem like hes committing tonight.

Yep. Opening line was something to the effect of "he'll be joining us tonight to update his recruitment."

I've gotta imagine if he was committing tonight they would've made a bigger deal out of it

Guys I am hearing it both ways as well.

Maybe this is part of the hype. But heard that Sabear (aka Crybaby bear) was visiting him earlier this evening and that was the reason he was postponing his announcement.

They actually said he's gonna tell us about his "incredible" recruitment and what's next in his recruitment. (I'm a nerd so I dvr'ed it and watched it again) :)

I'd say that means no commitment coming tonight. Jmo.

Everytime I see that video of his decision it just a makes me realize more how bad we got played by him and how pissed his mom looked when he chose Bama. Not to derail the thread and not trying to cause a stir but man it pisses me off.

Everytime I see that video of his decision it just a makes me realize more how bad we got played by him and how pissed his mom looked when he chose Bama. Not to derail the thread and not trying to cause a stir but man it pisses me off.

Yeah his mom was not happy. As an AU alum herself, I can imagine she knew the bad vibes it would cause.

Back to Okeke, think he is going to postpone his announcement, but no clear word either way.

Yeah his mom was not happy. As an AU alum herself, I can imagine she knew the bad vibes it would cause.

Back to Okeke, think he is going to postpone his announcement, but no clear word either way.

Yeah no one is saying anything one way or the other. But the CBs on 247 seem to be steering toward a commitment tonight.

Archived