Officer Indicted for Murder in South Carolina

icanthearyou

And these societal indictments will only cause more officers to either hesitate and get themselves killed, or put them even more on edge and cause more of these incidents.

So the mere reporting of these stories is creating a trend?

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The story above says the man was indicted. Ferguson and New York cases the cops weren't. There's no reason the general public can assume cops aren't being "held accountable when they abuse their power and authority to prey on the people they are paid to protect."

The MSM could do multiple stories a day on cops saving lives, doing what they're supposed to and going about it the right way, but why should they do that? People scream for unity but constantly look for something to divide themselves.

Exactly. I have been accused of"thinking cops are never wrong" wich is s***. They are wrong but some always pile on when they are not.

autigeremt made the point in another thread that within a department that he had personally worked with, 95% of the cops were good law enforcement professionals, and 5% were not. I am personally inclined to agree with his assessment and apply it to most departments. In my opinion, the biggest problem is that enough of the 95% that are good either rarely do anything about the 5% that are not, or they look the other way. Even worse, sometimes the people closer to the top are part of that 5%. As more people have contact with that 5%, the resentment grows.

i have had my own rounds with that 5%. It exists. No matter how bad they are resisting will not improve your situation. Promoting this anti-cop rhetoric in the media gives minorities a false sense of reality.

Can you cite any media outlets pushing "anti-cop rhetoric"?

not to anyone who has automatically decided to fall for it.

You do not care for discussion with people who have a different perspective?

This strikes me as a rude answer to a fair question.

The "honest question" was condescending and not to be taken seriously. This whole thing is about politics, plain and simple. Law enforcement is not perfect. Really? Im shocked I tell ya, Im shocked! The incredibly infrequent incidence of this kind of abuse of power in the grand scheme of things is being emphasized irresponsibly, IMO, and used to sustain a narrative that ignores the value of the protections they provide society at large. At its bottom, is an apparent desire to render LE nearly powerless to do their job.

Perhaps but, since they work for us and represent us, I think the apparent desire is, to hold them accountable.

Ahhh Chicago.....The lib Mecca!

Yes, the Western Sub's of Chicago are just so liberal, crawling with liberals, all they do is eat and sleep and bang liberals. Breed them by the 1000's. Damn Dupage County liberals, then they go down to places like Gulf Shores and Fairhope and other spots around Mobile and buy their snow bunny homes. Where they kidnap young white conservative Christian girls from Alabama and introduce them to the pleasures, freedoms, and evil that is liberal. Then these girls go to colleges in Alabama like Auburn and UofA etc and gain even more liberal education from those damn college professors (cause all prof's are liberals) and while on campus they start banging and doping. Then they graduate and take those liberal views out into the world, and then have their own children and raise them liberal and its all cause of the damn collar counties of Chicago.

God I bet you pray you die soon with the infinite knowledge and wisdom you have of how collar county snow bunnies are corrupting Alabama and America as a whole.

With that said please, link and demonstrate how Dupage County (the Western Suburbs as I mentioned) is a liberal mecca. They are party of the collar counties, but I'm sure you know all about Dupage, and all about Naperville, Downers Grove, Bativia, St Charles, Geneva etc, and all about all the other collar counties surrounding Chicago.

I'm sure PT is very concerned over the proper statistical analysis of the political make-up and history of the collar counties.

:jossun:

Texan4Auburn....I don't know why you injected me into your last post but you seem to be a disturbed individual. Are you taking your meds on time?

And these societal indictments will only cause more officers to either hesitate and get themselves killed, or put them even more on edge and cause more of these incidents.

Nailed it. Hesitation and second guessing = dead cops. But based on comments I've read on here, that wouldn't be a bad thing according to some people.

If the MSM would do more stories on how normal responses go wrong, where husbands and fathers don't make it home to their families, maybe some of you could appreciate the job that LE does for you instead of take it for granted. Maybe then you wouldn't bitch and complain that "they aren't held accountable."

Texan4Auburn....I'm don't know why you injected me into your last post but you seem to be a disturbed individual. Are you taking your meds on time?

Little fun with asking for links and statistics, like you like to ask of me but don't of others if you agree with their statements regardless of correctness. I will stop teasing you about it now. Lol, especially since you had to get personal with insults. I really thought you were better than that.

Nailed it. Hesitation and second guessing = dead cops. But based on comments I've read on here, that wouldn't be a bad thing according to some people.

If the MSM would do more stories on how normal responses go wrong, where husbands and fathers don't make it home to their families, maybe some of you could appreciate the job that LE does for you instead of take it for granted. Maybe then you wouldn't bitch and complain that "they aren't held accountable."

Maybe people do appreciate it, but also realize that there is a large number that are just pricks and abuse their power. So people have a right to question and ask that they be held accountable.

Like me couple weeks ago. I realized I had a headlight out and was on my way to auto zone. Cop literally pulls into the auto zone parking lot as I am getting out of the car and stops me and asks for my license and insurance and stuff. I give it to him and ask the problem. His response is do you know you have a headlight out. My answer is yes, and I am going in to buy one right now. He goes back, runs my stuff. Comes back with a ticket. Says if you take this ticket to the courthouse/dept and show them your new headlight they will drop the ticket. I ask well can't you wait 5 minutes and just watch me buy and install the headlight.Negative. I was polite and respectful the entire time.

So I then had to make a special trip, and then had to sit for a hour and half at the courthouse waiting for a officer to come out and look at my fixed headlight. Sorry but that is just being a dick cause you can.

Cops are like the military. Some people want to give them all a free pass, over look the wrongs they do, and tag everyone of them with a hero tag. They know this, and they exploit it unfortunately.

Grew up for while in a military town. I can tell you how they would find high school parties, or the college parties, and show up uninvited.Hell, they would even hit the Jr High scene. Then would start fights because since they fought or would fight for America then that gave them a "right" to your beer, your girlfriend, and whatever she had under her skirt she should distribute to them because she was safe and free and protected because of them.

I appreciate those that do their job properly and professionally. Those that don't, unfortunately they affect those that are professional and make it to where accountability has to be a priority.

I will also say that maybe if so many people would stop with the attitude and crap when they are questioned by a officer then maybe so many of them wouldn't be dicks cause they had to put up with a bunch of dicks.

Oh good grief, dramatic much? No one here is even insinuating that cops being killed wouldn't be a bad thing. That's a ridiculous statement.

Maybe people do appreciate it, but also realize that there is a large number that are just pricks and abuse their power. So people have a right to question and ask that they be held accountable.

Like me couple weeks ago. I realized I had a headlight out and was on my way to auto zone. Cop literally pulls into the auto zone parking lot as I am getting out of the car and stops me and asks for my license and insurance and stuff. I give it to him and ask the problem. His response is do you know you have a headlight out. My answer is yes, and I am going in to buy one right now. He goes back, runs my stuff. Comes back with a ticket. Says if you take this ticket to the courthouse/dept and show them your new headlight they will drop the ticket. I ask well can't you wait 5 minutes and just watch me buy and install the headlight.Negative. I was polite and respectful the entire time.

So I then had to make a special trip, and then had to sit for a hour and half at the courthouse waiting for a officer to come out and look at my fixed headlight. Sorry but that is just being a dick cause you can.

Cops are like the military. Some people want to give them all a free pass, over look the wrongs they do, and tag everyone of them with a hero tag. They know this, and they exploit it unfortunately.

Grew up for while in a military town. I can tell you how they would find high school parties, or the college parties, and show up uninvited.Hell, they would even hit the Jr High scene. Then would start fights because since they fought or would fight for America then that gave them a "right" to your beer, your girlfriend, and whatever she had under her skirt she should distribute to them because she was safe and free and protected because of them.

I appreciate those that do their job properly and professionally. Those that don't, unfortunately they affect those that are professional and make it to where accountability has to be a priority.

I will also say that maybe if so many people would stop with the attitude and crap when they are questioned by a officer then maybe so many of them wouldn't be dicks cause they had to put up with a bunch of dicks.

So tell me more about your experience with the military....

Oh good grief, dramatic much? No one here is even insinuating that cops being killed wouldn't be a bad thing. That's a ridiculous statement.

Overly dramatized, ridiculous statements are contagious I suppose. Don't act like mine is the only one.

Why didn't you pick one of your other cars with working headlights to go to the auto parts store? Why didn't you just order the headlight on line and drive one of your other cars until it arrived?

Why didn't you pick one of your other cars with working headlights to go to the auto parts store? Why didn't you just order the headlight on line and drive one of your other cars until it arrived?

My other cars were American made, thus in the shop already for major repairs and recalls. :Sing:

Mean it wasn't even like the city was gonna make money off of that ticket. It was literally done to be a dick and waste my time.

My other cars were American made, thus in the shop already for major repairs and recalls. :Sing:

Mean it wasn't even like the city was gonna make money off of that ticket. It was literally done to be a dick and waste my time.

I just hope you realize who is in charge now.

Little crimes lead to big crimes. Your life was headed down the wrong road. You flaunted your disrespect for authority. Again, you should have taken another vehicle or, asked a friend or neighbor for a ride.

You rise and sleep under the very blanket of security and order that this officer provides and then, then, you dare question the manner in which he provides it? I'm sure he'd just rather you say thank you and be on your way.

Excellent policing.

you are correct. he was a dick. some are. he was within the law. you could have cussed him punched him and tried to take his gun. you didnt so you are here to whine about it. see how easy that was.

you are correct. he was a dick. some are. he was within the law. you could have cussed him punched him and tried to take his gun. you didnt so you are here to whine about it. see how easy that was.

Yeah. Live with it, or, die. Just stop the "whining". How dare you.

There are also those that served or are serving in the military that are absolute arrogant a-holes, but that doesn't make me against military members in general. The ratio of good cops vs. bad cops is probably 100:1. Yes there are some cops out there who were probably picked on in HS and swore revenge on society by becoming a LE officer, but they are few and far between.

Or I could of been getting out of the car at the same time he pulled up, gotten yelled at for moving, been startled and then shot while my mind was still in wtf mode for not reacting properly in a 5 second window.

Multiple variables and scenarios, just for fun.

Regardless, its these individuals that make people not appreciate the police.

Little crimes lead to big crimes. Your life was headed down the wrong road. You flaunted your disrespect for authority. Again, you should have taken another vehicle or, asked a friend or neighbor for a ride.

You rise and sleep under the very blanket of security and order that this officer provides and then, then, you dare question the manner in which he provides it? I'm sure he'd just rather you say thank you and be on your way.

Excellent policing.

Nice parody itch. I actually enjoyed it! :Sing:

Or I could of been getting out of the car at the same time he pulled up, gotten yelled at for moving, been startled and then shot while my mind was still in wtf mode for not reacting properly in a 5 second window.

Multiple variables and scenarios, just for fun.

Regardless, its these individuals that make people not appreciate the police.

i agree with your last sentence for sure.

Excellent policing.

Im on the floor lol.

I thought about riding a bike, or walking, or even jogging. But then I was afraid I would get arrested for traveling while liberal. Cause we all know that conservatives in Alabama, one of the most obese states in America doens't walk, job, or bike by God!

Thats jog.... not job.... sorry couple bottles of wine. See back on my meds PT. :bananadance::Sing::bananadance::jossun::Sing::hellyeah: :hellyeah: :hellyeah::bananadance: :bananadance: >:D >:D>:D:bananadance:>:D >:D>:D:bananadance:>:D >:D>:D:bananadance:

Which btw, is good for you.................OMG LINK!

http://www.preventio...nefits-red-wine

Though probably not in the amount i consumed, but who cares lol.....................I'm disturbed, off my meds, and have access to the internet.

God I hope some of you bastards have a sense of humor.

No, it does appear a couple of bottles might not be healthy.............................holy cow another link:

http://www.fitday.com/fitness-articles/nutrition/healthy-eating/5-negative-health-risks-of-drinking-too-much-wine.html

Excellent policing.

Im on the floor lol.

I thought about riding a bike, or walking, or even jogging. But then I was afraid I would get arrested for traveling while liberal. Cause we all know that conservatives in Alabama, one of the most obese states in America doens't walk, job, or bike by God!

Thats jog.... not job.... sorry couple bottles of wine. See back on my meds PT. :bananadance::Sing::bananadance::jossun::Sing::hellyeah: :hellyeah: :hellyeah::bananadance: :bananadance: >:D >:D>:D:bananadance:>:D >:D>:D:bananadance:>:D >:D>:D:bananadance:

Which btw, is good for you.................OMG LINK!

http://www.preventio...nefits-red-wine

Though probably not in the amount i consumed, but who cares lol.....................I'm disturbed, off my meds, and have access to the internet.

God I hope some of you bastards have a sense of humor.

No, it does appear a couple of bottles might not be healthy.............................holy cow another link:

http://www.fitday.co...-much-wine.html

Sure, it's just a big joke. You do realize that after eight minor violations, you may face public execution. What number are you on?

i have had my own rounds with that 5%. It exists. No matter how bad they are resisting will not improve your situation. Promoting this anti-cop rhetoric in the media gives minorities a false sense of reality.

And explain how it "gives minorities a false sense of reality"? :dunno:

This strikes me as a rude answer to a fair question.

The "honest question" was condescending and not to be taken seriously. This whole thing is about politics, plain and simple. Law enforcement is not perfect. Really? Im shocked I tell ya, Im shocked! The incredibly infrequent incidence of this kind of abuse of power in the grand scheme of things is being emphasized irresponsibly, IMO, and used to sustain a narrative that ignores the value of the protections they provide society at large. At its bottom, is an apparent desire to render LE nearly powerless to do their job.

What BS.

"Societal indictments"? WTF is that supposed to mean?

Should we just ignore this stuff?

Archived