Oregon - Arizona [PAC-12 Championship Game]

meh130

Why in the world would they play this on a Friday?

TV time. Saturday has the SEC, Big10+4, and ACC championships, plus numerous other games people would rather be watching. The PAC always complains no one watches their games on national TV because of the time difference.

Another reason to get rid of daylight savings time and go to just an east and a west time zone for the 48 states.

The PAC 12 has another problem, the schools are spread out over an large area in the far west from Canada to Mexico. Getting people to come to the PAC championship game at a neutral site is a problem.

http://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2014/12/5/7343171/pac-12-title-crowd-shows-problem-with-neutral-site-games-in-playoff

i dont care what anyone says. the level of competition in the Pac 12 is nowhere near the SEC. I saw that game as Oregon beating up on a far less talented squad which happened to be the 2nd best team in the league.

Also the only team that beat Oregon so far.

Go back and look at that Oregon team that played earlier in the year they had tons of injuries especially in the O-Line, Mariota was hurt as well. This Oregon team is healthy and ready to make a statement. Arizona had some lucky breaks this year which has put them in a position to play for the championship game. As for talent and level of competition I think think they are on par with the SEC, we seem to think we are superior in this league and I am not sold on that anymore

The gap has been closed considerably. Overall the SEC is better but there are top level teams in the Pac 12

Agree...the SEC has not beaten any/many good Power 5 teams this year and the ACC embarrassed the SEC a couple weeks ago with almost a sweep of the SEC-East. I think folks are making some big assumptions about the overall strength of the SEC.

The SEC east is so bad and the SEC west so good, it might be a good reason to realign the team's just for that reason. The SEC does need to drop the fixed east west rivalry games. One 2 have any historical meaning.

Archived