Cam Newton involved in car accident

TitanTiger

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is he driving an early 2000's Dodge Ram?

Yeah it's a 1998-2002 model year.

I thought it was odd he was driving an older truck.

May be his go-to-work truck.

I just wouldn't expect someone making his mind of money to own a 15 year old vehicle. It's cool with me that he does, just surprised me a bit.

May be his go-to-work truck.

I just wouldn't expect someone making his mind of money to own a 15 year old vehicle. It's cool with me that he does, just surprised me a bit.

Not entirely. He probably doesn't want the extra attention that sporting a different Bentley every workday would likely attract.

On the positive side, glad to know Superman lives to fight another day.

Seriously, my cat walked across my keyboard and this posted.

You can delete your own posts FYI.

Or teach your cat how to. ;)

Wow, not cool. Cam's number is 1. Thought that WAS cool. I am aware of my ability to delete.

Seriously, my cat walked across my keyboard and this posted.

You can delete your own posts FYI.

Or teach your cat how to. ;)/>

Wow, not cool. Cam's number is 1. Thought that WAS cool. I am aware of my ability to delete.

What are you getting sensitive about?

I was literally googling "what kind of car does Cam Newton drive" on Monday.

Apparently, he lives in a condo that is modestly priced by NFL superstar standards. His next door neighbor is Michael Jordan. (They are reported to be friends.) Moral of the story, though, is that he wouldn't have space for more than 1 or 2 cars. If one (or his only) car is a 15 year old truck, it just makes me like the guy more.

The truck has been lifted which makes for a very unstable vehicle in high speed maneuvering, especially if it was not done right. Not the best urban vehicle. Glad he is OK.

The truck has been lifted which makes for a very unstable vehicle in high speed maneuvering, especially if it was not done right. Not the best urban vehicle. Glad he is OK.

he might have just wanted something big and safe and didn't consider the center of gravity.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/12009213/no-charges-carolina-panthers-qb-cam-newton-connection-tuesday-crash

He was driving the speed limit.

Re: the lift kit... Not my favorite. Definitely raises center of gravity. Also increases privacy from photographers exponentially. TIFWIW

he might have just wanted something big and safe and didn't consider the center of gravity.

He is the center of gravity.

When you are 6'6" and 250 lbs, a full-sized pickup truck or full-sized SUV is a good vehicle to have.

My guess is Cam drove the older truck so as to be more inconspicuous when driving around Charlotte.

IT is amazing how much hate talk there was on the various internet news pieces about this accident...Sporting News, ESPN and even the Charlotte Observer which headlined....Cam Newton had 16 traffic tickets...and then noted that 15 were while he was at UF and one in Charlotte about 3 years ago. Crazy from the hometown paper no less...plus really nasty stuff.

Cam must still live in the heads of thousands of gumps and dawgs....and maybe gamecocks too. No matter what shows up on line about him, almost immediately the comments section looks like something you would find on al.com.

IT is amazing how much hate talk there was on the various internet news pieces about this accident...Sporting News, ESPN and even the Charlotte Observer which headlined....Cam Newton had 16 traffic tickets...and then noted that 15 were while he was at UF and one in Charlotte about 3 years ago. Crazy from the hometown paper no less...plus really nasty stuff.

Cam must still live in the heads of thousands of gumps and dawgs....and maybe gamecocks too. No matter what shows up on line about him, almost immediately the comments section looks like something you would find on al.com.

Gumps live on message boards of rivals, pro teams and news outlets 24/7/365. It is truly amazing at the insecurity they have.

Archived