***Muschamp Intro Presser***

RunInRed

I don't blame the networks for not airing this. It would be an embarrassment if the nation saw this web cam presser.

SEC Network would have had a truck on campus and the feed would have been much better, they would have done sound checks and they would have integrated into the mic system. SEC Network wouldn't have been an issue they choose not to cover it

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, I never believed it would happen but it did. Entertaining the possibilities of exactly what this could translate to for Auburn is pretty damn exciting. Having these 2 together has got be considered a nightmare for the rest of the SEC. Lookin for ward to it!

With Harbison coaching the bowl game for the D, gotta think that means he will be retained despite the speculation that he would be the odd man out.

Not necessarily. He is the co defensive coordinator and Gus wanted him to run the practice and set up the defensive gameplan. He may or may not stay. I honestly don't think that decision has been made. He's professional enough to handle this and do his best even if he is informed he won't be retained.

Yeah I get that, I just disagree. I think this means Harbison will at least remain on staff, even if he is moved to an off-the-field position (like we did years ago with Lolley). Just IMO, I'm sure a lot of that will become more apparent in the next few weeks.

With Harbison coaching the bowl game for the D, gotta think that means he will be retained despite the speculation that he would be the odd man out.

Not necessarily. He is the co defensive coordinator and Gus wanted him to run the practice and set up the defensive gameplan. He may or may not stay. I honestly don't think that decision has been made. He's professional enough to handle this and do his best even if he is informed he won't be retained.

Yeah I get that, I just disagree. I think this means Harbison will at least remain on staff, even if he is moved to an off-the-field position (like we did years ago with Lolley). Just IMO, I'm sure a lot of that will become more apparent in the next few weeks.

Somebody has to run the defense and he had that title so apparently he has more insight into the overall preparation of the defense than the other coaches. It could be just a title but still someone has to do it and Gus believed he was the best choice to do this. He wants to win the bowl game and keeping the rest of the staff there for bowl practice makes sense.

Somebody has to run the defense and he had that title so apparently he has more insight into the overall preparation of the defense than the other coaches. It could be just a title but still someone has to do it and Gus believed he was the best choice to do this. He wants to win the bowl game and keeping the rest of the staff there for bowl practice makes sense.

Yeah I just don't see Gus using him to coach the bowl game if he plans to can him right afterwards.

Can someone post a replay of this mornings press conference? I missed it at 10:30.

still not actually reading anything here, huh?

Yeah I just don't see Gus using him to coach the bowl game if he plans to can him right afterwards.

Harbison is a vampire, he sucked the life out of the defense and pretty well killed the season.

He is getting paid handsomely to transition out with extreme professionalism. I don't see any way he stays, especially given that he is Co-DC.

Last night at about 10:00 the Outback Bowl became an afterthought. The fifteen practices leading up to it became invaluable.

Harbison is a vampire, he sucked the life out of the defense and pretty well killed the season.

He is getting paid handsomely to transition out with extreme professionalism. I don't see any way he stays, especially given that he is Co-DC.

Last night at about 10:00 the Outback Bowl became an afterthought. The fifteen practices leading up to it became invaluable.

That decision hasn't been made yet. That's up to Wil to make that call as to who he does and doesn't want to have on the defensive staff. If you cut him loose now then you have to either work more shorthanded than you already are or bring in another new face that doesn't know the current system or players. He needs someone to run the defensive practices and coach the game. it's not a big deal to do this even if he fires him. The defense for next year will be different so this won't impact anything WM plans to do starting with spring practice. He can use this time to evaluate coaches as well.

There were a lot of things that went on this year that none of us know what or who was responsible. We have "heard" a lot of things and speculated but we don't know. I trust Gus and Wil to have the right staff in place for next year. Since Wil isn't going to coach the defense in the bowl game, it really doesn't matter. Trying to install any of his scheme would only confuse the players more than they have been. They can work on some basic things like position and stuff like that.

Wait, thought that was Ellis.

I don't think Cheese will be retained unless its in some off-the-field capacity. But he is interviewing for his next job. I think T-Rob will coach bowl game for UF then drive down to Auburn. He and Boom can coach the DBs better than they've been coached in several years.

Thanks Red!! I knew from the onset when you said that CWM coming, it was very likely to happen. When All of the garbage that started with CWM going to USC and other jobs, you never waivered on your word about CWM coming home to the best college this side of the Milky Way.

I cannot wait to see an Auburn defense that will bring back memories of seasons gone by when teams feared the orange and blue. We will be as lethal as a Bushmaster snake tracking down its prey.

Thanks Red!! I knew from the onset when you said that CWM coming, it was very likely to happen. When All of the garbage that started with CWM going to USC and other jobs, you never waivered on your word about CWM coming home to the best college this side of the Milky Way.

I cannot wait to see an Auburn defense that will bring back memories of seasons gone by when teams feared the orange and blue. We will be as lethal as a Bushmaster snake tracking down its prey.

Does anyone have any idea of who CWM & CGM will hire for the defensive staff?

Great day for us! I hope folks do their homework re what we will and won't get with will muschamp based on history.

Will get a player's coach, good recruiter, fires up teenagers like no DC in the biz, sacks, interceptions and integrity galore.

Won't get textbook fundamentals and don't whine when we give up about as many big plays as ole Ellis did. Will is all or nothing defense and his results & improvements are facts.

Wonder if any of that involved the Whitehead suspension? Things that make you go, hmmm.

Great day for us! I hope folks do their homework re what we will and won't get with will muschamp based on history.

Will get a player's coach, good recruiter, fires up teenagers like no DC in the biz, sacks, interceptions and integrity galore.

Won't get textbook fundamentals and don't whine when we give up about as many big plays as ole Ellis did. Will is all or nothing defense and his results & improvements are facts.

at least we will be in position for all or nothing, in your opinion

Is it me, or did Gus kinda let down his guard at the end of that video. He looked giddy right there at the end. I have never really seen that from him. This combo is gonna give every other head coach in the SEC nightmares.

He could never give up more big plays than Ellis. He set records at AU that probably won't be touched for a loooong time

I just read some stats about big plays and CWM defenses have been in top 20 every year for limiting the number of big plays where as Auburn was 99 this year....

Archived