Women vs #1 SCAR on SECN

SCTiger2011

With Coach Pearl here I wonder if an improved men's product will help with women's recruiting

Could someone with more knowledge of this year's team let me know how our performance is tonight based on our potential/ability? I was unable to keep up much during the non conference schedule other than Twitter and other text-based updates.

SCTiger2011 - it's going to be a long SEC season - although Hasinna has played more like her old self in the last two games - we are too inconsistent in most every aspect of the game to expect that this team will be 50/50 at the end of the season. I see considerable talent - in spurts.....the half court offense mostly struggles so if we aren't making points from turnovers it gets ugly quickly....especially when we don't make the bunnies. Rebounding is sad - not much boxing out going on from the AU side......I'm sorry to sound so pessimistic...but I'm a realist. Fundamentals are lacking and with the lost games comes lack of confidence.....all that said....I wouldn't miss a home game to cheer for the Lady Tigers.....

Could someone with more knowledge of this year's team let me know how our performance is tonight based on our potential/ability? I was unable to keep up much during the non conference schedule other than Twitter and other text-based updates.

SCTiger2011 - it's going to be a long SEC season - although Hasinna has played more like her old self in the last two games - we are too inconsistent in most every aspect of the game to expect that this team will be 50/50 at the end of the season. I see considerable talent - in spurts.....the half court offense mostly struggles so if we aren't making points from turnovers it gets ugly quickly....especially when we don't make the bunnies. Rebounding is sad - not much boxing out going on from the AU side......I'm sorry to sound so pessimistic...but I'm a realist. Fundamentals are lacking and with the lost games comes lack of confidence.....all that said....I wouldn't miss a home game to cheer for the Lady Tigers.....

Thanks for the analysis. Is it a coaching or talent/consistency issue? My goal when I graduated in May was to become more knowledgable of every one of our athletic teams as I found myself dropping into Bammer territory and only following football (and baseball) closely. Do we usually recruit well compared to the rest of the SEC? I'll help myself to Google too lol but was just looking for a good start of understanding the state of the program. War Eagle!

SCTiger2011 - it's some of both. Recruiting IMO is average at best and not on par with the rest of the SEC - of which we are in the basement right now. We are shooting .569 from the foul line - we lost the game to Georgia because we put them at the line and they shot 77.4% (24 of 31) - 28 fouls on us and 15 on Georgia......we have to play smarter!

Archived