Spot the Stupid

AUDub

Not sure if I'm looking at the right thing, but the one that seemed strange to me was "Mandatory labels on foods containing DNA." Don't all foods, whether they come from plants or animals, contain DNA?

Not sure if I'm looking at the right thing, but the one that seemed strange to me was "Mandatory labels on foods containing DNA." Don't all foods, whether they come from plants or animals, contain DNA?

We have a winner.

Yes. Everything, with the exception of minerals like salt and maybe some ultra-processed things like soda, will contain DNA in some form or fashion. Even then, some things like salt are stored in cardboard containers and will almost certainly be "contaminated" in some form or fashion.

That 80% of respondents would consider such a thing a good idea is hilarious to me.

Don't all foods, whether they come from plants or animals, require labels?

We have a winner.

Yes. Everything, with the exception of minerals like salt and maybe some ultra-processed things like soda, will contain DNA in some form or fashion. Even then, some things like salt are stored in cardboard containers and will almost certainly be "contaminated" in some form or fashion.

That 80% of respondents would consider such a thing a good idea is hilarious to me.

I spotted the stupid: you.

Almost every food item has DNA. This poll suggested that most people want almost every food item to have labels.

DUH! I am glad that food that I buy has labels. Maybe you want to buy unlabeled mystery meat because it contains DNA. Not me.

Good to see someone's in a good mood today. :lol:

Almost every food item has DNA. This poll suggested that most people want almost every food item to have labels.

But they are asking for labeling exclusively because the food contains DNA. Think of it like the "No MSG Added" tags on soy sauce.

DUH! I am glad that food that I buy has labels. Maybe you want to buy unlabeled mystery meat because it contains DNA. Not me.

I'd prefer my food be labeled too.

As long as you arent eating rocks, ie Minerals, then you are eating something with DNA in it.

Anything plant or animal has DNA in it.

We have a winner.

^^^Wasn't held as a child.

We have a winner.

Pretty much...

We have a winner.

:laugh:

But they are asking for labeling exclusively because the food contains DNA. Think of it like the "No MSG Added" tags on soy sauce.

"Mandatory labels on food containing DNA"

Its a poorly worded question, not a way to spot stupid people. I want my food with DNA to be labeled as food is usually labeled.

Its a poorly worded question, not a way to spot stupid people.

Yes, the question is stupid. One would imagine the respondents were either ignorant of what was being asked, or bemused by it.

I want my food with DNA to be labeled as food is usually labeled.

So do I.

Reminds me of Waters World....or Leno. Walk the streets and ask simple questions and get some doozie answers.

Pure Sugar is a food, but has no DNA.

The question about "A requirement that school lunches must contain 2 servings of fruits and vegetables." is also poorly worded. If it is requirement, then must is redundant. And does it mean 2 servings total or 4 servings total, 2 fruits plus 2 vegetables. I won't even go near the fact that many vegetables are really fruits. Examples, cucumbers, corn, Squash, and tomatoes are all fruits.

The use of the word "mandatory" is overwrought and what I find stupid about this. It appears everything this admin doesn't ban they wish to make mandatory. Truth in labeling laws, though often unenforced, are already in place for most everything except products containing GMOs. I would be in favor of requiring companies packing GMOs fully disclosing it. I think consumers should be made aware of products they're consuming that have herbicides and pesticides at a cellular level. Its one thing to use added products, to increase yields, that either dissipate or can be washed off before consumption. Its another thing altogether to consume products that are genetically modified and contain those things "inside" the product itself.

We have a winner.

:laugh:

Bless his heart...:rolleyes:

Archived