AU/UA women. Worst college game of the century?

Mikey

Up here Lauderdale co. Girls had a 72 game win streak, maybe coach Flo can find some talent on that team....

Yep, If she just recruited Lauderdale County, Sparkman, Bob Jones, and Madison Academy- she'd be on the right track. Sadly, I don't see much interest from the program's up here for the AU program.

Up here Lauderdale co. Girls had a 72 game win streak, maybe coach Flo can find some talent on that team....

Yep, If she just recruited Lauderdale County, Sparkman, Bob Jones, and Madison Academy- she'd be on the right track. Sadly, I don't see much interest from the program's up here for the AU program.

Curious to see how many of those grads play Div 1. I may be wrong but I'm not sure that girls BB in the state is all that good....just look around at the various rosters for the SEC teams and there area almost no players from Alabama. Every now and then a bright star shines....like Bonner and a few others. Recruiting nationally competitive players is a big job....wonder if Flo is up to it.

I think it is the simple explanation ... Inept coaching. The multiple shot clock violations is an easy indicator. Heck have an assistant on the bench count down the last 8seconds or something. A dang backwards shot would be better than none. These kids have dealt with a shot clock since high school. That can't be an excuse this many times.

It looked like the coach was lost and the players followed her lead. I think she is simply out of her league on the bigger stage. She seemed like a great hire. She simply turned out not to be.

That's not true. There is no shot clock in high school basketball under Federation rules.

Well that's what I get for being uninformed. I went to a girls jv game not long ago and could have sworn I remember a shot clock. Maybe I'll be a touch less harsh then on the players. Still, the coach should have them aware as something as basic to the game as a shot clock.

Well that's what I get for being uninformed. I went to a girls jv game not long ago and could have sworn I remember a shot clock. Maybe I'll be a touch less harsh then on the players. Still, the coach should have them aware as something as basic to the game as a shot clock.

even still there's no excuse for any division 1 team to not pay attention to the shot clock.

I think it is the simple explanation ... Inept coaching. The multiple shot clock violations is an easy indicator. Heck have an assistant on the bench count down the last 8seconds or something. A dang backwards shot would be better than none. These kids have dealt with a shot clock since high school. That can't be an excuse this many times.

It looked like the coach was lost and the players followed her lead. I think she is simply out of her league on the bigger stage. She seemed like a great hire. She simply turned out not to be.

That's not true. There is no shot clock in high school basketball under Federation rules.

If they play AAU, and I would guess most SEC players did, they played with a shot clock.

And all this is from Poor coaching. I think three years is enough. Too many BB coaches given way to long. Sloppy play poor ball handling and these are the best players we can get? We need Bruce to give her some pointers and make practice.

If you go and look on espn.go.com at the ranking of the players who are freshmen this year (class of 2014)- while not a top 25 class is isn't so abysmal that we should be playing like we are Robeson - five star, Jessica Jones - four star - the other two are three stars and it doesn't include Pettihomme who may well become a great point guard. These girls know the basics or they wouldn't have gotten this far so before we start saying "are these the best we can get" consider there is a lot that we don't know. Two ESPN 100 commits isn't the bottom of the barrel! I am more concerned that all we have in the pipeline for next year is two three stars - a forward and another point guard....neither of which is replacing the talent we loose with C-Mo......

And all this is from Poor coaching. I think three years is enough. Too many BB coaches given way to long. Sloppy play poor ball handling and these are the best players we can get? We need Bruce to give her some pointers and make practice.

If you go and look on espn.go.com at the ranking of the players who are freshmen this year (class of 2014)- while not a top 25 class is isn't so abysmal that we should be playing like we are Robeson - five star, Jessica Jones - four star - the other two are three stars and it doesn't include Pettihomme who may well become a great point guard. These girls know the basics or they wouldn't have gotten this far so before we start saying "are these the best we can get" consider there is a lot that we don't know. Two ESPN 100 commits isn't the bottom of the barrel! I am more concerned that all we have in the pipeline for next year is two three stars - a forward and another point guard....neither of which is replacing the talent we loose with C-Mo......

You are right about the most recent class. My problem/concern is that the two players that contribute most to this team are two of the last players recruited to Auburn by Nell Fortner. Nell could recruit with the best, but there is no excuse for this staff to have dropped the ball. I like Flo. She was not my first or second choice, but I have grown to like the hire, however, this free fall has to be stopped. I'm not sure what the answer is.

Archived