2015 5* OT Martez Ivey (Florida signee)

EagleDamnWar

Ellitor - You don't think that there is anyway that tomorrow's final meetings with the coaches could sway Ivey one way or the other? I think both sides will give him something to think about over his cruise time. He has been hard to gauge, but I think for once in the last few years, Auburn is going to win out. Either way, Tez is a remarkable guy and I will wish him the best.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ellitor - You don't think that there is anyway that tomorrow's final meetings with the coaches could sway Ivey one way or the other?

There is no absolute with human behavior but with his mind made up it's not likely he is swayed.

I thought Gus has already had the inhome visit. Will and Lance and others to visit tomorrow.

No. Gus had the in home w/ Cowart yesterday and Cece last week. all with defensive coaches. The D staff would not be doing an in home w/ Gus for Ivey. The staff with Gus will be JB Grimes and area recruiter Tim Horton.

Will wouldn't be a terrible move as he is 2 months removed from being the head coach at the school Ivey is likely going to....I'd say they probably have a decent relationship. While he won't be his immediate coach, he will be part of the staff and can still be a mentor to an offensive player as a dc.

The last visit the HC needs to have with him, I believe, with the position coach, the recruiter you have dealt with the entire time and maybe the coordinator for that side of the ball. Since Gus is essentially his own OC, that isn't really necessary. My two cents worth.

Chidi to OM may be a good sign that our staff feels good about Ivey. I think he was ours if we had room for him but JMO I think Ivey told our staff that he was coming to AU.

Chidi to OM may be a good sign that our staff feels good about Ivey. I think he was ours if we had room for him but JMO I think Ivey told our staff that he was coming to AU.

I think that assumes a lot. I think the Okeke commitment has nothing to do with Ivey.

You mean Chidi to LSU right?

You mean Chidi to LSU right?

Yes sorry about that.

Why is it that so many people on this site assume that whenever a recruit chooses to decommit or commit to another team that it is because we didn't want him???? Be Auburn fans yes, but don't lose your common sense. My goodness. Can't Okeke simply have committed to LSU because he would rather play for them?

That is possible I'm just saying that in my opinion it might be a good sign for us since we don't have a lot of room. I haven't talked to him so I can't say for sure but again it's my opinion. Feel free to have a different one.

Why is it that so many people on this site assume that whenever a recruit chooses to decommit or commit to another team that it is because we didn't want him???? Be Auburn fans yes, but don't lose your common sense. My goodness. Can't Okeke simply have committed to LSU because he would rather play for them?

Thanks Hall Monitor.

Seeing some CBs on 247 of QB Deondre Francois to FL.....If he does commit/sign to FL will this affect MI's commitment choice?

doubtful

Alright, didn't know if a high profile QB recruit would sway a commitment we are currently at "50/50" odds to get

Seeing some CBs on 247 of QB Deondre Francois to FL.....If he does commit/sign to FL will this affect MI's commitment choice?

Not at all...it will depend on the heart or head

Gotcha, I appreciate the feedback.

Auburn - head, Florida - heart?

Auburn - head, Florida - heart?

Chandler Cox - head

Just a heads up: As predicted, not one rivals mod picked AU to get Ivey today (in the most recent predictions). This is after the in-home last night. Most seem pretty sure he is going to UF. For most that follow recruiting this is not a shocker... just wanted to pass it along.

Archived