2015 5* DE Byron Cowart commits to AU!

EagleDamnWar

If we land these guys, Key goes elsewhere IYAM. He is talented, but is a year behind both Cowart/Jefferson IMHO, physically.

They will all benefit from a year of an SEC level S&C program. But Key is at least 20lbs light IMO.

I agree with this wholeheartedly. Cowert and Jefferson contribute immediately next year, and in my opinion, at at Lawson type level...

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If we land these guys, Key goes elsewhere IYAM. He is talented, but is a year behind both Cowart/Jefferson IMHO, physically.

They will all benefit from a year of an SEC level S&C program. But Key is at least 20lbs light IMO.

I agree with this wholeheartedly. Cowert and Jefferson contribute immediately next year, and in my opinion, at at Lawson type level...

I support this message.

Cowart reminds me of Lemonier for some reason

I support this message.

Cowart reminds me of Lemonier for some reason

Now we have a defensive staff that can take advantage of his talents. Lemonier was great but suffered because of things beyond he could control.

please someone with more recruiting knowledge than I have tell me they feel good about this and we are not gonna listen to them commit to UF on signing day....please?

Mods/insiders on paysites feel good that we get all 3. TIFWIW

please someone with more recruiting knowledge than I have tell me they feel good about this and we are not gonna listen to them commit to UF on signing day....please?

Yeah, like they know anything! I hate all those faux insiders!

:soapbox:

:drippingsarcasm7pa:

Thanks! I will be cautiously optimistic until signing day then

Assuming they're serious about trying to all play together, I think we've gotta be the favorite. Cowart has said he already knows where he's going and that his mom is on board with the decision, and then we've had multiple reports of his mom getting close with other recruits' parents this weekend.

He's sharp. Personally, I enjoy his playful stuff with the Chucky doll and the "BOOM" post and the like. He's not being mean-spirited; he's in on the joke. I like him. It's all fair game. Really hope he ends up on the Plains.

He's sharp. Personally, I enjoy his playful stuff with the Chucky doll and the "BOOM" post and the like. He's not being mean-spirited; he's in on the joke. I like him. It's all fair game. Really hope he ends up on the Plains.

The joke?

The joke of how worked up everyone gets about everything. When he carries around Chucky, he knows what people think. When he tweets "Boom", he knows what people think.

The joke of how worked up everyone gets about everything. When he carries around Chucky, he knows what people think. When he tweets "Boom", he knows what people think.

Thanks for the explanation!

I don't think this is a joke. I'm 90% sure he just verbally gave a silent to Muschamp & Gus & then tweeted "BOOM". Could be wrong but don't think so.

I don't think this is a joke. I'm 90% sure he just verbally gave a silent to Muschamp & Gus & then tweeted "BOOM". Could be wrong but don't think so.

Could very well be the case, but either way, he knows the fan reaction that that tweet is likely to illicit, and that's the point i believe mcgufcm was making.

And for the record, I don't see any problem with him having fun with the process.

I'm curious about his comment about knowing where he was going to commit to already.....before he even came to AU this weekend. Now thats either alot of faith in following CWM here, alot of bs or he's UF or FSU bound with this being just a visit to take. I hope I'm wrong on this . Seems like alot of people are all jacked up on mountain dew thinking he's going to an AU Tiger. WDE.

He may have gotten a commitment from a buddy.

I'm curious about his comment about knowing where he was going to commit to already.....before he even came to AU this weekend. Now thats either alot of faith in following CWM here, alot of bs or he's UF or FSU bound with this being just a visit to take. I hope I'm wrong on this . Seems like alot of people are all jacked up on mountain dew thinking he's going to an AU Tiger. WDE.

I think it was BS. He said a couple days ago that he hadn't decided.

On espn he said he knew. But wanted to take his visits for business trips

On espn he said he knew. But wanted to take his visits for business trips

I know, I think he was just messing with everyone

If we get one, and the other two commit, where does that put this class? ranking estimate wise

Assuming no other commits from the schools ahead of us, getting Cowart, CeCe and Holland would give us a score of 277.00 on the 247 composite, which would be 5th and just behind UGA at 277.63. Adding in Ivey would bump us up to 3rd place.

Here is the class calculator tool for anyone who wants to play around with what different commits would do to our ranking. Florida St and Bama are pretty much out of reach, but if we land that trio and a couple more, a 3rd place class is still possible

FWIW-

@KB_Gators: Saw @ByronHawkStar99 at the airport. He's excited about going to Auburn. Good luck my friend. On to other recruits.

@KB_Gators: @ByronHawkStar99 to AU. and @holland_jeffery is going with him.

cowart is a smart kid and really wants to make the best choice. He wants playing time and wants to get his degree. I haven't been keeping up with recruiting that long. But he is very in tune with every aspect of the recruiting process and there aren't many like him. I am sure he is having fun, but AU really gives him everything he is looking for.

Archived