2015 5* DE Byron Cowart commits to AU!

EagleDamnWar

If we get one, and the other two commit, where does that put this class? ranking estimate wise

Assuming no other commits from the schools ahead of us, getting Cowart, CeCe and Holland would give us a score of 277.00 on the 247 composite, which would be 5th and just behind UGA at 277.63. Adding in Ivey would bump us up to 3rd place.

Here is the class calculator tool for anyone who wants to play around with what different commits would do to our ranking. Florida St and Bama are pretty much out of reach, but if we land that trio and a couple more, a 3rd place class is still possible

wow...it may be a long shot, but I added Holland, Ivey, Jefferson, Cowart, Key, and Tega and thats bumps us up to second with just over 298 points. Then there is also the possibility of the cb from Texas. I forgot to add him. We could be looking at a 2nd place finish. Maybe even first if Bama were to lose one.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If we get one, and the other two commit, where does that put this class? ranking estimate wise

Assuming no other commits from the schools ahead of us, getting Cowart, CeCe and Holland would give us a score of 277.00 on the 247 composite, which would be 5th and just behind UGA at 277.63. Adding in Ivey would bump us up to 3rd place.

Here is the class calculator tool for anyone who wants to play around with what different commits would do to our ranking. Florida St and Bama are pretty much out of reach, but if we land that trio and a couple more, a 3rd place class is still possible

wow...it may be a long shot, but I added Holland, Ivey, Jefferson, Cowart, Key, and Tega and thats bumps us up to second with just over 298 points. Then there is also the possibility of the cb from Texas. I forgot to add him. We could be looking at a 2nd place finish. Maybe even first if Bama were to lose one.

Kind of puts in to perspective what kind of class Updyke already has. Wow.

wow...it may be a long shot, but I added Holland, Iveyiffy, Jefferson iffy, Cowart, Key, and Tega and thats bumps us up to second with just over 298 points. Then there is also the possibility of the cb from Texas. I forgot to add him. We could be looking at a 2nd place finish. Maybe even first if Bama were to lose one.

Mack is also an iffy. Closer than people thing but still iffy.

Yeah, no kiddin. I actualy added Davis to this list and it only moved us to 298.77, which puts us in a solid second place and still 14 points from number one. For those wondering how hard it is to even move up a point, I added a 4* cb to the class after the other changes and it only moved us half a point

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing - they look to have a killer class coming in.

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing - they look to have a killer class coming in.

They always do. They get the #1 class every year. In spite of that we'll still be able to win more often than not against them.

They always do. They get the #1 class every year. In spite of that we'll still be able to win more often than not against them.

Exactly^^ coaching against good coaches who have equal talent isn't his strong suit, we Commin!!

We'll win our share of those battles vs uat. I just hope we can jump on top the Dawgs and get our recent record against them turned around, they currently have a top 5 class coming in and UT is knocking the doors off with that class too.

We'll win our share of those battles vs uat. I just hope we can jump on top the Dawgs and get our recent record against them turned around, they currently have a top 5 class coming in and UT is knocking the doors off with that class too.

We've had our troubles with the dogs no doubt. Everyone has one team they tend to have problems with. That being said, I like how Gus and his staff have dealt with things. This year was an outlier IMO. We'll just have to see how it plays out. We've had winning streaks against them before but overall the series has stayed relatively even through the years.

We've had our troubles with the dogs no doubt. Everyone has one team they tend to have problems with. That being said, I like how Gus and his staff have dealt with things. This year was an outlier IMO. We'll just have to see how it plays out. We've had winning streaks against them before but overall the series has stayed relatively even through the years.

Since 2004, Auburn has won 4 of the last 10 meetings... That's not even.

The series is 55-55-8. I'd say his statement "the series has stayed relatively even through the years" is pretty dang accurate.

From 2005-2014, we are 3-7. From 1995-2004, we were 6-4. From 1985-1994, we were 6-3-1. So it's tough to find a decade where the teams actually split ten games, but over the years, the series has been dead level.

The thing we have to get corrected is the no-shows. We've been blown out five times in the last ten games. That has to stop. It's one thing to lose a tight game. It's another thing to lose 45-7 and 38-0 and 31-7 within a four year window.

The series is 55-55-8. I'd say his statement "the series has stayed relatively even through the years" is pretty dang accurate.

From 2005-2014, we are 3-7. From 1995-2004, we were 6-4. From 1985-1994, we were 6-3-1. So it's tough to find a decade where the teams actually split ten games, but over the years, the series has been dead level.

The thing we have to get corrected is the no-shows. We've been blown out five times in the last ten games. That has to stop. It's one thing to lose a tight game. It's another thing to lose 45-7 and 38-0 and 31-7 within a four year window.

See that's what always get to me, the no shows. Sure the series record is tied, but when we lose to them, it's been bad. That's why I feel like it hasn't even been that close of a rivalry the last 10 years.

STOP! That never happened. Are you going to pay for my hypnotic "forget it ever happened" therapy? It was expensive the first time around. I can only imagine how much the added costs/efforts involved to forget something a second time!! Sheesh!

STOP! That never happened. Are you going to pay for my hypnotic "forget it ever happened" therapy? It was expensive the first time around. I can only imagine how much the added costs/efforts involved to forget something a second time!! Sheesh!

... said the Bama fan to the Auburn fan. The "Kick Six" nor the "Cam Back" ever happened, Roll Tahd! ;)

Ahhhhh.

The classic AUFamily "take the thread to a whole nother topic" begins again. My guess is the AU vs uga debate will take up 3-4 pages.

BTW, I thought this thread was titled "Byron Cowart"?

Ahhhhh.

The classic AUFamily "take the thread to a whole nother topic" begins again. My guess is the AU vs uga debate will take up 3-4 pages.

BTW, I thought this thread was titled "Byron Cowart"?

Welcome to the internet.

we were whipping them during the 2013 game but let them score 21 unanswered in 4th.

So, what's our chances on closing out with Cowart, Holland, and CeCe?

Better after this weekend.

Holland will be AU.

Sounds like CeCe feels better about us now.

We have been trending with Cowart and feel better about all of them after this weekend. The question is will their other planned trips be seen as close to or equal as their AU weekend.

Archived