2015 5* DE Byron Cowart commits to AU!

EagleDamnWar

It won't hurt, that's for sure. If Lawing had any involvement in Cowart's recruitment to date.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Someone correct me if I'm wrong in my thinking here, but if UF is ahead of FSU by all accounts then Id rather their coaches be going to FSU than the other way around.

This looks like a good thing for us

FSU is OUT of the race with Cowart. His Mom is not a Jimbo fan. She is a huge Muschamp & Gus fan. We will land Cowart & Holland, and if the trio hold true with their pact of playing together we land all 3.

This is the time of the recruiting process that you start wishing for it to be over. I think they all already know or at least have a very heavy lean where they are going. Very little is going to change their minds at this point.

Forgot about that Cadillac. Also, Muschamp/Malzahn trump Lawing...and "if momma ain't happy, no ones happy" Booyah!!!!

This doesn't hurt FSU by any means, but Byron has alluded to the fact that he doesn't appreciate the negative light that the Noles have been in for the past two years.

Solid hire by FSU, but with Cowart coming out and saying he's not even visiting FSU the last weekend because he "knows what they offer" and he wants time to consider his options, I doubt it makes any difference. It's going to be us or UF.

When it's all said and done, none of us know what kind of an impact this will have on his decision until he states it as such. Even then, it could change quickly. Our recent coaching additions are what caused him to start giving us a serious look and FSU's hiring of Lawing could have an impact on him as well.

When it's all said and done, none of us know what kind of an impact this will have on his decision until he states it as such. Even then, it could change quickly. Our recent coaching additions are what caused him to start giving us a serious look and FSU's hiring of Lawing could have an impact on him as well.

FSU doesn't have his intended course of study.

Bama didn't have Cyrus K's major either. Just sayin'.

But I do think FSU is a very, very, very distant 3rd.

Cowart is very intent on what he wants to do and that is a huge consideration for him. Auburn had everything laid out for him to show how he could do everything in 3 years. I think Cyrus couldn't say no to Alabama because of family (his brother etc.) Cowart can study what he wants at AU or UF either one and it will come down to those two.

I just realized this, I know I'm slow, but if we sign Coward, Jefferson and Holland we will have five 5* on the defensive line, and three 5* linebackers next season...Holy Moley!!!

I just realized this, I know I'm slow, but if we sign Coward, Jefferson and Holland we will have five 5* on the defensive line, and three 5* linebackers next season...Holy Moley!!!

Holey Moley indeed. WM has done an amazing job of turning the defensive recruiting around. I mean some of these guys didn't really have Auburn very high on their list, if at all.

I'm struggling to come up with all these 5* that you speak of. Please name them.

I'm struggling to come up with all these 5* that you speak of. Please name them.

Not Tbone, but the 5 stars along the line would be Monty, Carl, Daniel, Byron, Cece. The LBs being Tre, Kris Frost, Maybe Cass?

Archived