2015 5* DE Byron Cowart commits to AU!

EagleDamnWar

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope that Cowart chooses Auburn and it will feel wrong if he doesn't. But I hope these kids all choose who is the best fit for them and where they feel the most comfortable. He seems like a great kid with a good head on his shoulders. I think he will choose correctly.

TBone was close enough to get the point across. A lot of 5*s would be in the front 7.

Aside from Lawson and Adams, that high school 5* rating has not translated into college 5* rating by a long shot. Not a one of them has made an all-SEC team yet, for example.

That's another issue. I was just trying to get us off that and back on topic. ;)

IronMan is always on topic because IronMan dictates the topic and the rest of the world gets in step or else! :)

Huh ? Uh no, Mikey. I was sending you a message about my first post, which is why I used the winky thing. The other post was an attempt to discreetly steer the convo back to the OP. I've always found that to be more effective and leave the dictating to others.

Anyway, what do you think about Cowart leaving his Florida OV early ? It was an OV so UF could have paid his way home if needed. Imo, things are looking good for AU.

The important thing is that he is taking a week of from the recruiting process! That means no official visit to FSU and no more visits to Florida.

I think Mr. Cowart knows what color orange and blue he wants to wear next year. But he's the #1 recruit on the ESPN 300, so he's not giving anything away until he can make his big announcement live on February 4th on ESPN.

The important thing is that he is taking a week of from the recruiting process! That means no official visit to FSU and no more visits to Florida.

I think Mr. Cowart knows what color orange and blue he wants to wear next year. But he's the #1 recruit on the ESPN 300, so he's not giving anything away until he can make his big announcement live on February 4th on ESPN.

And I'll be watching. Can we fast forward

Seems as though he's clarified today's events via Twitter.

I believe him when he says his intentions on the visit were genuine and professional. But even in that tweet, it felt like he already has a pretty good idea where he's going.

Seems as though he's clarified today's events via Twitter.

I believe him when he says his intentions on the visit were genuine and professional. But even in that tweet, it felt like he already has a pretty good idea where he's going.

Yep. Sounds like he's not going to be taking any more visits anywhere else. Based on visits alone I've gotta believe we're sitting pretty

That is my first day off for the week and I know I'll be glued to the TV. Need to make this a National Holiday.

I hope he signs with Auburn and if he wants to do that well ok but I shan't be watching. I won't condem or criticize but I just can't watch it.

I hope he signs with Auburn and if he wants to do that well ok but I shan't be watching. I won't condem or criticize but I just can't watch it.

I hope everyone here takes the high road, no matter what.

But I hope he signs with AU.

To answer IronMan's question, I think Cowart is telling the truth, whatever he said to the UF coaches. I also think he didn't go way overboard to stay in Gainesville. If he was in love with the place he'd have done whatever was necessary to finish the visit. That's my thought and it could be way off. Bottom line, him leaving early has no downside for Auburn, possible downside for UF.

If we get one, and the other two commit, where does that put this class? ranking estimate wise

Assuming no other commits from the schools ahead of us, getting Cowart, CeCe and Holland would give us a score of 277.00 on the 247 composite, which would be 5th and just behind UGA at 277.63. Adding in Ivey would bump us up to 3rd place.

Here is the class calculator tool for anyone who wants to play around with what different commits would do to our ranking. Florida St and Bama are pretty much out of reach, but if we land that trio and a couple more, a 3rd place class is still possible

wow...it may be a long shot, but I added Holland, Ivey, Jefferson, Cowart, Key, and Tega and thats bumps us up to second with just over 298 points. Then there is also the possibility of the cb from Texas. I forgot to add him. We could be looking at a 2nd place finish. Maybe even first if Bama were to lose one.

Kind of puts in to perspective what kind of class Updyke already has. Wow.

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing - they look to have a killer class coming in.

Alabama recruits better than any other team, no doubt. But, when it comes to being out in front by 5%-10% over #2, I wonder if there isn't some "chicken and egg" going on. What I mean is, "how much of a rating boost does a player get when Turdville puts him on the board?" If being recruited by Bama adds a half a star to a kid, the figures will be skewed proportionately for the whole class.

To answer IronMan's question, I think Cowart is telling the truth, whatever he said to the UF coaches. I also think he didn't go way overboard to stay in Gainesville. If he was in love with the place he'd have done whatever was necessary to finish the visit. That's my thought and it could be way off. Bottom line, him leaving early has no downside for Auburn, possible downside for UF.

^This. I think it bodes well for Auburn that Cowart did not hang around to work on the other recruits. IMO, if he was really leaning toward UF he would have stayed and tried to sway others into signing with UF.

If we get one, and the other two commit, where does that put this class? ranking estimate wise

Assuming no other commits from the schools ahead of us, getting Cowart, CeCe and Holland would give us a score of 277.00 on the 247 composite, which would be 5th and just behind UGA at 277.63. Adding in Ivey would bump us up to 3rd place.

Here is the class calculator tool for anyone who wants to play around with what different commits would do to our ranking. Florida St and Bama are pretty much out of reach, but if we land that trio and a couple more, a 3rd place class is still possible

wow...it may be a long shot, but I added Holland, Ivey, Jefferson, Cowart, Key, and Tega and thats bumps us up to second with just over 298 points. Then there is also the possibility of the cb from Texas. I forgot to add him. We could be looking at a 2nd place finish. Maybe even first if Bama were to lose one.

Kind of puts in to perspective what kind of class Updyke already has. Wow.

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing - they look to have a killer class coming in.

Alabama recruits better than any other team, no doubt. But, when it comes to being out in front by 5%-10% over #2, I wonder if there isn't some "chicken and egg" going on. What I mean is, "how much of a rating boost does a player get when Turdville puts him on the board?" If being recruited by Bama adds a half a star to a kid, the figures will be skewed proportionately for the whole class.

There is a lot of that sort of thing going on. Recruits often get judged, partially, by who wants them.

With Cowart's supposed pack with Arden Key and Holland visiting again this weekend, it'll be interesting to see if Cowart comes with him. If by some miracle they convinced Jefferson to come with them, the package deal would be sealed. I don't think LSU is a serious contender, so it would great if Jefferson changed his iteneriary.

With Cowart's supposed pack with Arden Key and Holland visiting again this weekend, it'll be interesting to see if Cowart comes with him. If by some miracle they convinced Jefferson to come with them, the package deal would be sealed. I don't think LSU is a serious contender, so it would great if Jefferson changed his iteneriary.

LSU is 100% a huge contender for Key. That's where he'll go if he doesn't go to Auburn. Either that or back to USCjr.

@DerekTysonESPN: Holland said he, CeCe Jefferson and Byron Cowart still plan to go to the same school even though Cowart hasn't been to Ole Miss yet.

LSU is 100% a huge contender for Key. That's where he'll go if he doesn't go to Auburn. Either that or back to USCjr.

Don't discount UGA in this race

Archived