2015 5* DE Byron Cowart commits to AU!

EagleDamnWar

@DerekTysonESPN: Holland said he, CeCe Jefferson and Byron Cowart still plan to go to the same school even though Cowart hasn't been to Ole Miss yet.

I'll be so incredibly pissed if they all go to Ole Miss together. That would be like a kick in the nads.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With Cowart's supposed pack with Arden Key and Holland visiting again this weekend, it'll be interesting to see if Cowart comes with him. If by some miracle they convinced Jefferson to come with them, the package deal would be sealed. I don't think LSU is a serious contender, so it would great if Jefferson changed his iteneriary.

LSU is 100% a huge contender for Key. That's where he'll go if he doesn't go to Auburn. Either that or back to USCjr.

Don't discount UGA in this race

I am just due to the fact that he cancelled his UGA visit.

@DerekTysonESPN: Holland said he, CeCe Jefferson and Byron Cowart still plan to go to the same school even though Cowart hasn't been to Ole Miss yet.

Not a chance Cowart goes to a school he has not visited, sat down with coaches & academic advisers to map out his plan graduating in 3 years, and a place his mom has not been. Unless he goes to Ole Miss this weekend (30th) with his mom, scratch OM off the list.

I'm probably making way too big a deal about the "yet" at the end of that sentence, but it worries me.

If Cowart ends up visiting Ole Miss this weekend it'd be a pretty clear sign they're serious contenders. If he doesn't, I cant imagine him committing there without ever having set foot on campus

I'm probably making way too big a deal about the "yet" at the end of that sentence, but it worries me.

If Cowart ends up visiting Ole Miss this weekend it'd be a pretty clear sign they're serious contenders. If he doesn't, I cant imagine him committing there without ever having set foot on campus

Based off of his Twitter it doesn't sound like he's doing anything else between now and NSD.

Not a chance Cowart goes to a school he has not visited, sat down with coaches & academic advisers to map out his plan graduating in 3 years, and a place his mom has not been. Unless he goes to Ole Miss this weekend (30th) with his mom, scratch OM off the list.

Anyone know if they offer a Broadcast Journalism degree? He seems pretty set on pursuing that. It's a pretty shaky indicator, but I think Shepard Smith and Ron Franklin are both Rebs.

And I agree, package deal thing notwithstanding, it seems very odd that he would be considering them at this point given that they offered over a year ago and he's never even been on an unofficial visit. Stranger things have happened, I guess.

WDE!

I'll be so incredibly pissed if they all go to Ole Miss together. That would be like a kick in the nads.

I might slap somebody if that was to happen

Anyone know if they offer a Broadcast Journalism degree? He seems pretty set on pursuing that. It's a pretty shaky indicator, but I think Shepard Smith and Ron Franklin are both Rebs.

And I agree, package deal thing notwithstanding, it seems very odd that he would be considering them at this point given that they offered over a year ago and he's never even been on an unofficial visit. Stranger things have happened, I guess.

WDE!

Ole Miss has a B.A. in Journalism with an emphasis in Broadcast Journalism. Shep has been a lifelong Reb and is a constant presence in Oxford, however he did not manage to graduate. That aside, I don't believe Cowart is headed to Oxford.

WDE!

Ole Miss has a B.A. in Journalism with an emphasis in Broadcast Journalism. Shep has been a lifelong Reb and is a constant presence in Oxford, however he did not manage to graduate. That aside, I don't believe Cowart is headed to Oxford.

Thanks.

WDE!

WDE!

Thanks.

WDE!

Guy's Cowart has never been to Ole Miss. Don't think I'd waste much time worrying about them. AU vs UF battle.

WDE!

Thanks.

WDE!

Guy's Cowart has never been to Ole Miss. Don't think I'd waste much time worrying about them. AU vs UF battle.

Sincere question: Did you read any of the quoted posts? Because all of them are about how BC has never been to Ole Miss and it would be strange if he signed there.

WDE!

WDE!

Thanks.

WDE!

Sincere question: Did you read any of the quoted posts? Because all of them are about how BC has never been to Ole Miss and it would be strange if he signed there.

WDE!

No.

There is no such thing as a sure thing in recruiting but at this point I would say that we have to feel good about Cowart. We have done everything we can. I hope he decides to become part of the AU family. He is a difference maker.

We will feel real good in a few days.

You tend to be one of the smartest posters on this site. I trust your judgment more than most. Do you live close to Floral City Florida? We spent several days there recently while visiting some good friends. Beautiful place. I prefer the mountains though.

You tend to be one of the smartest posters on this site. I trust your judgment more than most. Do you live close to Floral City Florida? We spent several days there recently while visiting some good friends. Beautiful place. I prefer the mountains though.

Oh lord hope bird doesn't see that...... I live in Winter Park, Fl. about 15 minutes from Tez Ivey

thanks for the comment and I wholeheartedly agree with your profound statement/judgement

Oh lord hope bird doesn't see that...... I live in Winter Park, Fl. about 15 minutes from Tez Ivey

thanks for the comment and I wholeheartedly agree with your profound statement/judgement

HA! Someone is brown nosing!!! I think Bird will have a word or two to say about this nonsense...... :puke::abmbu:O0:big:

Archived