2015 5* DE Byron Cowart commits to AU!

EagleDamnWar

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know he is a kid but why would you hold a press conference, announce AU, do interviews about it and then waver? If you didnt have your mind made up why not delay the announcement?

If his coach is to blame for this, its sickening. If byron is having second thoughts, give him a break. Its a huge decision

Wow......the longer the wait, I think the worse for us.

I guess it's some consolation that he's not considering bama ?

Honestly, I've never seen a national announcement to a school, only to be delayed like this save for one time.

What are the frelling odds this happens to us, TWICE ???

I did not see his on air commit but if it was done sincerely as some have said, then this speaks badly for the idiot HS Coach and/or others involved. I do agree with others there shouldn't be any live coverage of these things, just set a date and deadline for doing the legitimate paperwork. If not done, then the player loses out along with his handlers.

Two versions of the story, right?

1. The coach has the letter but hasn't sent it in.

2. He's waiting on Jefferson. Which could mean one of two things: either he wants to influence Jefferson, or he's letting Jefferson decide for him.

People why not shut upand wait to see what is happening or happens? All this guessing and stuff is just stupid.

I have heard he is waiti to see what someone else does (CeCe?).

If he changes his mind it fdoesn't mean he is a bad person, necessarily. He could just be a heavily conflicted 18 year old.

Get some perspective.

If he truly left his LOI for his HS coach to send and he hasn't sent it in yet to AU, like he asked his coach to do, then he needs to go in to his coach's office take the LOI and go to the fax machine himself and send it.....this isn't rocket science.

A kid shouldn't commit like that unless he's ready. That said, it's his decision.

I think ESPN causes these announcements before they are 100% sure. Roquan Smith was undecided, announced on ESPN he's with UCLA, but now he's doing the same thing and hasn't sent in the letter.

Archived