How Far Do We Let ISIS Go

Proud Tiger

Ichy. I respect you. But, what the heck do you mean conquer all of them? (Scratching my head)...

He's decided to become the backside of a mule.

I have not been disrespectful towards you. You need to take some of your own advice.

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ichy. I respect you. But, what the heck do you mean conquer all of them? (Scratching my head)...

You have to see beyond defeating ISIS. You have to realize the goal is to end terrorism. We crushed Al Qaeda (at least in Iraq) but, in only a few years and, thanks to Assad and Maliki, we are right back where we started with ISIS.

Ultimately the leaders of Arab nations have to rein in their own radical clerics. There is a duality there that has to end. You will still have to deal with Iran but, at least they will then be isolated.

Anyway, this is a war that Arabs should be fighting if you ever want it to end. If we do it for them, we will be doing it over and over again for the foreseeable future. Unless, our strategy is to conquer and occupy. And, that doesn't just mean Iraq. All of these countries have some radical clerics. I believe they are the real problem. Them, and the political leaders who are afraid to confront them.

All merely my opinion, of course.

You have to see beyond defeating ISIS. You have to realize the goal is to end terrorism. We crushed Al Qaeda (at least in Iraq) but, in only a few years and, thanks to Assad and Maliki, we are right back where we started with ISIS.

Ultimately the leaders of Arab nations have to rein in their own radical clerics. There is a duality there that has to end. You will still have to deal with Iran but, at least they will then be isolated.

Anyway, this is a war that Arabs should be fighting if you ever want it to end. If we do it for them, we will be doing it over and over again for the foreseeable future. Unless, our strategy is to conquer and occupy. And, that doesn't just mean Iraq. All of these countries have some radical clerics. I believe they are the real problem. Them, and the political leaders who are afraid to confront them.

Thanks for taking the time to clarify. Have a good evening.

He's decided to become the backside of a mule.

I have not been disrespectful towards you. You need to take some of your own advice.

Lol! I was joking for god sake....or someone's sake. Can never be too careful. :)/> It's cold out here at the lady's softball game so cut me some slack.

homer - read this slowly, so you'll understand.

The ISSUE is that being discussed is that Muslims across the middle east do,in fact, generally agree and support violence, as a means of defending their religion's " honor " , as well as support Sharia law.

That isn't in debate. The polls CLEARLY show this to be true.

However, in addition to those facts, I ALSO added my personal views, as an aside.

It's great PR to buy into the notion that ISLAM means ' peace ', but the fact of the matter is, it doesn't. It means submission. To the will of Allah. And more importantly, the will of Allah, as described by MAN.

I personally will not submit. Not to Allah, God or those who follow either. THAT Is my view. I care not if you agree or not. The POINT is that Muslims across the middle east are, by a very large part NOT the kind, generous , live and let live people most of us are told they are.

Otherwise, we'd hear and see more rise up and defend their " True " nature of Islam.

Are there good, decent Muslims ? Absolutely. But their #'s are far fewer than we're being told. And I don't care if it's Obama or Shepard Smith who does the telling. I'm not buying it, one damn bit.

Is this a good time to state that you have never travelled to the Middle East?

L O L !!! Thanks. I needed that!

Well, it's necessary to spend some time with foreign people to understand them. Anyone who simply makes definitive statements about a culture or a people without ever having any direct experience with same - in their environment - is a **darn***fool.

The ISSUE is that being discussed is that Muslims across the middle east do,in fact, generally agree and support violence, as a means of defending their religion's " honor " , as well as support Sharia law.

However, in addition to those facts, I ALSO added my personal views, as an aside.

It's great PR to buy into the notion that ISLAM means ' peace ', but the fact of the matter is, it doesn't. It means submission. To the will of Allah. And more importantly, the will of Allah, as described by MAN.

I personally will not submit. Not to Allah, God or those who follow either. THAT Is my view. I care not if you agree or not. The POINT is that Muslims across the middle east are, by a very large part NOT the kind, generous , live and let live people most of us are told they are.

Otherwise, we'd hear and see more rise up and defend their " True " nature of Islam.

Are there good, decent Muslims ? Absolutely. But their #'s are far fewer than we're being told. And I don't care if it's Obama or Shepard Smith who does the telling. I'm not buying it, one damn bit.

Well, it's necessary to spend some time with foreign people to understand them. Anyone who simply makes definitive statements about a culture or a people without ever having any direct experience with same - in their environment - is a darn fool.

I never spent any time with Nazis,but, I can safely say I would not have invited them over to my home for dinner with the wife and kids...

Well, it's necessary to spend some time with foreign people to understand them. Anyone who simply makes definitive statements about a culture or a people without ever having any direct experience with same - in their environment - is a damn fool.

I never spent any time with Nazis,but, I can safely say I would not have invited them over to my home for dinner with the wife and kids...

Nazis were Germans. Ever spent any time with Germans?

(And that was perilously close to another non sequitur.)

Well, it's necessary to spend some time with foreign people to understand them. Anyone who simply makes definitive statements about a culture or a people without ever having any direct experience with same - in their environment - is a damn fool.

I am 1/4 German and I spend lots of time with myself and other family members with the same lineage. Does that retroactively make the Nazis more kindhearted and peace loving? If so, we need to kick barry in gear and with his pen and cell phone he could start a "bring a Radical Muslim home" program,,,,,while there would be a chance for great carnage, what with all the raping-beheadings-crucifixions-burning people alive etc...at least we could say we "spent time with them" without the need to travel to the middle east. <extreme use of sarcasm applied>.......

Glad we have this guy fighting against the evil doers.

Plus....he's a huge Trekker !

Amen.

I am 1/4 German and I spend lots of time with myself and other family members with the same lineage. Does that retroactively make the Nazis more kindhearted and peace loving? If so, we need to kick barry in gear and with his pen and cell phone he could start a "bring a Radical Muslim home" program,,,,,while there would be a chance for great carnage, what with all the raping-beheadings-crucifixions-burning people alive etc...at least we could say we "spent time with them" without the need to travel to the middle east. <extreme use of sarcasm applied>.......

Another non sequitur. I'm seeing a definate trend here.

The rest is just mindless blather.

It's one sect of the religion growing bigger than it had previously been, and being the loudest of course.

Like with Christians it's all about interpretations. There are parts of both books that command peace, and mark murder as a great sin. Then there are other parts in both books that could easily be interpreted as "if someone does this, he should die". The problem is not with the religion itself, but with those sects that have chosen the most violent and evil of interpretations.

Imagine a new group of Christians, we'll call them Methobapts. Who took the following parts of the Bible literally:

Anyone arrogant enough to reject the verdict of the judge or of the priest who represents the LORD your God must be put to death. Such evil must be purged from Israel.

If a man commits adultery with another man's wife, both the man and the woman must be put to death.

Whoever sacrifices to any god, except the Lord alone, shall be doomed.

These are just a few of many, now if "Methobapts" are out there murdering everyone their Bible tells them to, that doesn't automatically make all the good people I've known in my life crazy buttholes.

And it doesn't mean we should go about killing all Christians, just the crazy "methobapts". :)

Another non sequitur. I'm seeing a definate trend here.

The rest is just mindless blather.

Translation: darn it! I hate it when WT is right!

It's one sect of the religion growing bigger than it had previously been, and being the loudest of course.

Like with Christians it's all about interpretations. There are parts of both books that command peace, and mark murder as a great sin. Then there are other parts in both books that could easily be interpreted as "if someone does this, he should die". The problem is not with the religion itself, but with those sects that have chosen the most violent and evil of interpretations.

Imagine a new group of Christians, we'll call them Methobapts. Who took the following parts of the Bible literally:

Anyone arrogant enough to reject the verdict of the judge or of the priest who represents the LORD your God must be put to death. Such evil must be purged from Israel.

If a man commits adultery with another man's wife, both the man and the woman must be put to death.

Whoever sacrifices to any god, except the Lord alone, shall be doomed.

These are just a few of many, now if "Methobapts" are out there murdering everyone their Bible tells them to, that doesn't automatically make all the good people I've known in my life crazy buttholes.

And it doesn't mean we should go about killing all Christians, just the crazy "methobapts". :)/>

Could we call them prespolics? ;-)

I want to give 2 quotes from another forum & you tell me what you think...

Double standards. The media makes a good story out of that one pilot and you will hear about it for weeks and weeks but you will never hear about all the Muslim women, children, babies, men and elderly people being burned alive while they are sleeping or just minding their own business and not bothering anyone.

I call that hypocrisy of the West.

if burning people alive is barbaric, and against islam, where is the equal condemnation against the many victims of bombings by not only Jordan, but other "Muslim nations"?

why are you not also condemning the incessant bombings (bombings result in people being burned alive and then being buried under rubble) that the USA, UK, French etc have conducted on Muslims over the past 12 years or so?

War is a literal HELL on Earth. Armies (Armed forces) serve two purposes. Kill the enemy and destroy their stuff. The U.S. does this as best can be done with minimal "collateral damage". For many reasons, it is sometimes Very difficult to do. That is why,IMHO, we should never enter an armed conflict unless the goal is to achieve TOTAL Victory ASAP.

War is a literal HELL on Earth. Armies (Armed forces) serve two purposes. Kill the enemy and destroy their stuff. The U.S. does this as best can be done with minimal "collateral damage". For many reasons, it is sometimes Very difficult to do. That is why,IMHO, we should never enter an armed conflict unless the goal is to achieve TOTAL Victory ASAP.

Graveyards rarely breach a peace.

:)

:)/>

DEAD TERRORIST can no longer terrorize ....... : - ) Do you honestly think these murderers want ANY type of PEACE?? SMH

that ole Saddam Hussien had them in check fairly well didnt he.

DEAD TERRORIST can no longer terrorize ....... : - ) Do you honestly think these murderers want ANY type of PEACE?? SMH

They also radicalize moderates who fall for the radical rhetoric of "this is a war on Islam" or "this is a war on Arabs". You play into the hands of the radicals.

It's an old saying, and not one promoting actual peace. :)

that ole Saddam Hussien had them in check fairly well didnt he.

I guess you could say he represented stability. He used sectarians and extremists when it suited his purposes. Too often, ME leaders demonize, the west or, the U.S., or Israel when it suits there purposes. It is a convenient distraction or scapegoat to internal issues. Saddam also used the Kurds as scapegoats.

They also radicalize moderates who fall for the radical rhetoric of "this is a war on Islam" or "this is a war on Arabs". You play into the hands of the radicals.

I prefer to call a murdering Islamic terrorist a MURDERING ISLAMIC TERRORIST...hmmm what do you guys call them?...

Archived