How Far Do We Let ISIS Go

Proud Tiger

Well for the next two years they will have essentially free reign. Unless we can talk them to death nobody is actually going to stop them. We're the only ones who can. Unfortunately we have the modern day version of Neville Chamberlain. His narcissistic personality leads him to believe that the sheer force of his personality will cause the bad guys to come around and act right.

There's that meme again. I wonder what it's origin was?

Well homer all you have to do is just study the man and you can figure that out. It's not hard. It's only part of the equation. Another, maybe bigger part, is the fact that he just simply doesn't believe in American and Western civilization being inherently good. Go back to his speech in Berlin. He called himself a citizen of the world. That was done for a reason. He has a giant chip on his shoulders about this country. In his mind we are the bad guys. He completely mischaracterized the crusades and what it was about. We can try and decipher the reasons all day long. Bottom line is that as long as he is in the white house, nothing of any substance is going to be done about ISIS, Putin or any other bad guy in the world and these people know it.

What a bunch of delusional BS that is. :no: Obama hates America. :-\ (It's also a little pathetic.)

Trust me, I am fairly familiar with personality disorders and I never would even have thought of referring to Obama as a narcissist.

There was a period a while back where every ODS-sufferer on the forum incorporated narcissist in their rants. Never use to hear it, then is becomes a "standard" in their repertoire. It seemed spontaneous, but I know it got started somewhere.

Was it Rush? :dunno:

I could make an argument that no president of the past 20 years really loved America, or at least loved it more than they loved their personnal gains:)

EDIT: I say 20 because I don't remember much past 20 years ago, someone older could likely make a better arguement.

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well for the next two years they will have essentially free reign. Unless we can talk them to death nobody is actually going to stop them. We're the only ones who can. Unfortunately we have the modern day version of Neville Chamberlain. His narcissistic personality leads him to believe that the sheer force of his personality will cause the bad guys to come around and act right.

Well homer all you have to do is just study the man and you can figure that out. It's not hard. It's only part of the equation. Another, maybe bigger part, is the fact that he just simply doesn't believe in American and Western civilization being inherently good. Go back to his speech in Berlin. He called himself a citizen of the world. That was done for a reason. He has a giant chip on his shoulders about this country. In his mind we are the bad guys. He completely mischaracterized the crusades and what it was about. We can try and decipher the reasons all day long. Bottom line is that as long as he is in the white house, nothing of any substance is going to be done about ISIS, Putin or any other bad guy in the world and these people know it.

What a bunch of delusional BS that is. :no: Obama hates America. :-\ (It's also a little pathetic.)

Trust me, I am fairly familiar with personality disorders and I never would even have thought of referring to Obama as a narcissist.

There was a period a while back where every ODS-sufferer on the forum incorporated narcissist in their rants. Never use to hear it, then is becomes a "standard" in their repertoire. It seemed spontaneous, but I know it got started somewhere.

I could make an argument that no president of the past 20 years really loved America, or at least loved it more than they loved their personnal gains:)

EDIT: I say 20 because I don't remember much past 20 years ago, someone older could likely make a better arguement.

Congratulations. Even I am not that cynical. ;D

No doubt every POTUS has a huge ego, but to imply they could be careless about the country doesn't make any sense.

In fact, it's their ego-driven desire to assume the roll of national leader that keeps them going. It's a hard job. There are many far easier ways to simply get rich.

Congratulations. Even I am not that cynical. ;D

No doubt every POTUS has a huge ego, but to imply they could be careless about the country doesn't make any sense.

In fact, it's their ego-driven desire to assume the roll of national leader that keeps them going. It's a hard job. There are many far easier ways to simply get rich.

Careless is way too strong a word for what I was implying. and "getting rich" is secondary to the MO of fame/power/being immortalized.

One of my earliest memories from a CiC was the Clinton "mishap"

It's just crazy to me, if I were to order a burger from McDonalds and it was late coming out because the burger-flipper was getting blown in the back of the kitchen I would want that guy fired.

But a married CiC does it and.... it becomes a joke and is forgotten.

It's a negative trend that has pervaded everything from top to bottom concerning our military. The unprofessionalism allowed by NCOs/COs nowadays is crazy.... and a case could easily be made that the military follows the CiC.

Also, my spell check isn't working, so forgive any mis-spellings. I tend to type like a rabid appalachian high on Mtn. Dew. :)

It's just crazy to me, if I were to order a burger from McDonalds and it was late coming out because the burger-flipper was getting blown in the back of the kitchen I would want that guy fired.

It's a negative trend that has pervaded everything from top to bottom concerning our military. The unprofessionalism allowed by NCOs/COs nowadays is crazy.... and a case could easily be made that the military follows the CiC.

Also, my spell check isn't working, so forgive any mis-spellings. I tend to type like a rabid appalachian high on Mtn. Dew. :)

what if your service at Mcdees was better than it had ever been in your life but a Burger King employee learned the McDees guy was getting blown in the mop closet and told the world. would you still want him fired even though the service you receive will surely suffer?

You're talking about Clinton getting a Lewinsky, and making official visitors wait ?

Yeah, pretty sure that's a negative for the country, the office, no matter how you try to spin it.

How did we get off on getting blown. Wait, I know........ISIS sucks!!!!

Well done PT. :)

emt....I sure hope you are right. But another American hostage has been killed and the WH says ISIS has more. Less a two years ago I walked the streets of Cairo and smaller Egyptian towns day and night w/o great worry. I wouldn't do it today for sure let alone in other countries. I would even be afraid in Amman and off the beat towns in Jordan. Anyone who thinks they know all the place ISIS is lurking is kidding themselves.

I think the difference between us and Jordan is the rules of engagement. Jordan will use a much stronger approach and worry less about collateral damage...for awhile.

emt....I sure hope you are right. But another American hostage has been killed and the WH says ISIS has more. Less a two years ago I walked the streets of Cairo and smaller Egyptian towns day and night w/o great worry. I wouldn't do it today for sure let alone in other countries. I would even be afraid in Amman and off the beat towns in Jordan. Anyone who thinks they know all the place ISIS is lurking is kidding themselves.

I think the difference between us and Jordan is the rules of engagement. Jordan will use a much stronger approach and worry less about collateral damage...for awhile.

...and worry a lot less about PC and "spin"...

the difference is about 13 years ago we start a half ass war for no good reason and destabilize the region. Jordan is now cleaning up the mess we made in their back yard.

Now that's a bizarre metaphor! POTUS as burger flipper! ;D

Hey, his hands are still free! What's your issue? :dunno:

You're talking about Clinton getting a Lewinsky, and making official visitors wait ?

Yeah, pretty sure that's a negative for the country, the office, no matter how you try to spin it.

You don't know that. I might have made for a more relaxed meeting. Maybe it actually benefited the country.

Yeah and Jordan will wind up with a few tribes hating them and other tribes loving them.

Whereas if we went in and did the same thing, everyone would hate us for it - including the Jordanians.

Yeah and Jordan will wind up with a few tribes hating them and other tribes loving them.

Whereas if we went in and did the same thing, everyone would hate us for it - including the Jordanians.

It doesn't matter if other's hate us for it.

I remember reading about foreign countries thoughts about us during the 90's.

We were supposed to be these ultra badass ruffians that everyone was afraid to mess with because you never know what we might do ( was a TIMEs magazine piece.... sometime around desert storm, can't remember exact date. If anyone could find it that would be awesome!)

.... put into nearly any other context that is a negative, but as far as world affairs go it was a postitve.... and one we need to get back to.

It doesn't matter if other's hate us for it.

I remember reading about foreign countries thoughts about us during the 90's.

We were supposed to be these ultra badass ruffians that everyone was afraid to mess with because you never know what we might do ( was a TIMEs magazine piece.... sometime around desert storm, can't remember exact date. If anyone could find it that would be awesome!)

.... put into nearly any other context that is a negative, but as far as world affairs go it was a postitve.... and one we need to get back to.

Did Iraq teach you nothing? And if you are old enough, did Viet Nam teach you nothing?

And that sounds like a magazine opinion piece, certainly not a serious analysis.

Iraq taught me one thing.

They had the 3rd largest standing army in the world at one point.

It took us less than a month to wreck their s***.

Viet Nam is too old for me, but go look at the numbers, even their leader admitted it. Could not beat the Americans, main plan was to attack sites that had journalists present and hope that the Americans beat themselves.

Viet Nam is too old for me, but go look at the numbers, even their leader admitted it. Could not beat the Americans, main plan was to attack sites that had journalists present and hope that the Americans beat themselves.

For an enemy that "could not beat" the Americans, that turned out pretty well for them, didn't it? :-\

And how did Iraq turn out?

War is politics by a different means. And you have a very strange concept of success.

Iraq didn't go as well in the occupation stage.

Destroying their military, government structure, and toppling their tyrannical leader all went with unsurpassed ease.

And again, Vietnam was America beating America. check the numbers of total losses.

And I'm not saying Vietnam was a good decision, I'm saying America wrecks peoples s***... or at least used to.

For an enemy that "could not beat" the Americans, that turned out pretty well for them, didn't it? :-\/>

War is politics by a different means. And you have a very strange concept of success.

Militarily he's right. You need to have a better understanding of his concept, homer. It's not the soldiers who lose wars these days....its DC.

Destroying their military, government structure, and toppling their tyrannical leader all went with unsurpassed ease.

And again, Vietnam was America beating America. check the numbers of total losses.

And I'm not saying Vietnam was a good decision, I'm saying America wrecks peoples s***... or at least used to.

LOL! No one has ever disputed we are adept at killing people and breaking things.

LOL! No one has ever disputed we are inept at killing people and breaking things.

Adept, or inept?

For an enemy that "could not beat" the Americans, that turned out pretty well for them, didn't it? :-\/>

Militarily he's right. You need to have a better understanding of his concept, homer. It's not the soldiers who lose wars these days....its DC.

Like I said, war is politics waged by a different means. If you fail in your political goal, the tactical military successes count for nothing.

There are plenty of examples of wars that consisted of tactical military successes resulting in failure. Our own revolution is a prime example. Viet Nam and Iraq are simply the latest.

LOL! No one has ever disputed we are adept at killing people and breaking things.

Adept, or inept?

Correct, I forgot the extra negative, but that works even better.

LOL! No one has ever disputed we are inept at killing people and breaking things.

Adept, or inept?

Putting things perspective for you. Obama's drones have killed more people in 6 years than were killed during the entire Spanish Inquisition which lasted over 100 years.

Archived