Dontavious Russell and Andrew Williams

ClaytonAU

The Facebook pages are not deleted. I just looked at them.

The sister's Instagram, Twitter and the Service Dog Memes pages on Facebook are.

The sister being Crystal Stoddard? When I go to her Facebook page all the junk about the two players is still there and when I click on the Service Dog Memes link from her page it takes me to that page and all the other junk is still there. She also claims to be an administrative assistant at the AU Athletic Department, which is contrary to other stories in this thread. Am I doing something wrong?

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There haven't been hardly any updates (internet or otherwise) since this blew up yesterday. I barely heard it mentioned on Finebaum yesterday. There were probably some good lessons learned here, and it seems like all parties involved are looking to put this behind them...which is a good thing. Being very protective of our uniformed service members and what they do for our country, let me be the first to apologize for my overreaction and suspecting the worst of these young men. Good luck to them and the young lady. Hope the dog is having a better day also!

The sister's Instagram, Twitter and the Service Dog Memes pages on Facebook are.

The sister being Crystal Stoddard? When I go to her Facebook page all the junk about the two players is still there and when I click on the Service Dog Memes link from her page it takes me to that page and all the other junk is still there. She also claims to be an administrative assistant at the AU Athletic Department, which is contrary to other stories in this thread. Am I doing something wrong?

I just found that the Service Dog Memes page is back up. It literally dropped off the planet last night and was gone until I went to bed.

I never said Ms. Stoddard's FB page was gone. She deleted her Twitter account and Instagram posts.

I will also note that as popular as that thread has gotten (almost 300 posts now) and as popular as the third party eyewitness on Reddit's thread is, not one person that was there has posted yet a version that corroborates the alleged victim's version of events. The only two saying it went down the way she says it did are her and her sister (who wasn't there). The players are saying there's another side to the story and an alleged eyewitness (and I think another one has come forward now too but I don't know where it was posted) is saying that the incident did not happen the way she says it did.

Combine that with the near silence from Auburn and CGM since Tuesday, the sister all but dropping off the face of the earth the last 24 hours - deleting her Twitter and Instagram posts, etc....it just starts to add up to something off kilter to me.

I'm with you Titan. I've posted my thoughts before in this thread but something just does not seem right. Either these folks are trying to dredge up support for their cause or they are on a witch hunt. If they were not football players would this even get any attention? If they were simply students would they be tweeting this story to news outlets hoping to get coverage? Look if our players did something wrong they need to be held accountable, without doubt. But could these folks not handle this in a mature manner with the parties involved? If someone wrongs you do you go tweeting all about it the news media? It just seems like they are more interested in defaming these guys and or the football team as much as anything.

K9s For Warriors @k9sforwarriors Feb 18

@ericbolling Auburn FB players verbally assault our Female Vet and Dog on campus . Stop22.org

View location ·

I'm going to bring up one more point, and it's about Joel Erickson. He makes it sound like our players saw her walking down the concourse and simply started verbally assaulting her prior to any interaction.

According to Duval, Ozyurt was on her way to class in the Haley Center Tuesday morning when two football players "started verbally accosting her, mocking her, hissing, making kissing sounds" (at the dog) and insulted Ozyurt with profanity when she asked them to stop.

I'm with you Titan. I've posted my thoughts before in this thread but something just does not seem right. Either these folks are trying to dredge up support for their cause or they are on a witch hunt. If they were not football players would this even get any attention? If they were simply students would they be tweeting this story to news outlets hoping to get coverage? Look if our players did something wrong they need to be held accountable, without doubt. But could these folks not handle this in a mature manner with the parties involved? If someone wrongs you do you go tweeting all about it the news media? It just seems like they are more interested in defaming these guys and or the football team as much as anything.

@ericbolling Auburn FB players verbally assault our Female Vet and Dog on campus . Stop22.org

View location ·

I'm going to bring up one more point, and it's about Joel Erickson. He makes it sound like our players saw her walking down the concourse and simply started verbally assaulting her prior to any interaction.

According to Duval, Ozyurt was on her way to class in the Haley Center Tuesday morning when two football players "started verbally accosting her, mocking her, hissing, making kissing sounds" (at the dog) and insulted Ozyurt with profanity when she asked them to stop.

That's because he's merely repeating what Shari Duval of K9s for Warriors is saying...which is just her relaying what the alleged victim is saying. In other words, Duval is another person who wasn't there. The only version of this story that makes it sound like the guys just decided to be a**holes right out the gate is the girl herself. No third party that was present in the Haley Center concourse and saw it go down has come forward to back her version of events up yet.

I said earlier in this thread that AU people needed to reserve judgement until all the facts are known. Of course the media doesn't bother with that, such as Sam Cooper of Dr Saturday/ Yahoo-Rivals who put out a story with just her side of it, then sat back and watched. As I type this there are appx. 2000 comments to the article (yes I know there are agendas at work), most of which are anti-player, anti-Auburn, based on false assumptions or false information.

This is the kind of reporting that irritates me so I usually don't bother with it. But, I felt in this case I needed to know the reality of what was going on out there today to know what we are dealing with. I am glad there were witnesses and videos because once AU gets all the facts, I don't see how we can keep from a making a strong response to what is flying around out there.

If you want to read some of the comments here is the link, but be warned. You will get angry at some of the comments but at least you will know what we are dealing with too.

http://sports.yahoo....-173651405.html

View location ·

That's because he's merely repeating what Shari Duval of K9s for Warriors is saying...which is just her relaying what the alleged victim is saying. In other words, Duval is another person who wasn't there. The only version of this story that makes it sound like the guys just decided to be a**holes right out the gate is the girl herself. No third party that was present in the Haley Center concourse and saw it go down has come forward to back her version of events up yet.

I think where I differ with you on this is that even the "victim" acknowledged there was some interaction PRIOR to the verbal assault. IE they were simply trying to interact with the dog. The way Duval and or Joel describes it makes it seem as though they were simply verbally assaulting her prior to any interaction, then when she asks them to stop they ramped it up even more. Not sure if thats intentional on their part, or if I'm even reading too much into it but Joels and/or Duvals version seems a bit more harsh towards the players. But since 2010 I don't believe anything the media says anyway.

Still with you though; something stinks.

I just found that the Service Dog Memes page is back up. It literally dropped off the planet last night and was gone until I went to bed.

I never said Ms. Stoddard's FB page was gone. She deleted her Twitter account and Instagram posts.

So is Ms. Stoddard still an administrative assistant at the Athletic Department as she claims on her FB page? Maybe RiR can enlighten us on that. It looks like she would have had quick access to Gus if that is the case and would have had no need to start a crusade on the Internet calling him out. She seems to be the one who did the most to turn the molehill into the mountain. Just wondering if there was some agenda here other than defending the sister? I wholeheartedly agree with you that something smells here.

Two sides to the story. If she went off on them for trying to get the dog's attention, she's as much in the wrong as the players. She could have just as easily explained WHY they should stop instead of copping attitude. Being disabled isn't an excuse for being an ass whether you're a veteran or not.

THIS and let's be honest it is not as if you can automatically tell if someone is a veteran.

No but the dog was wearing a vest that states "service dog" on it. I'm just paraphrasing what was being posted. I've also let it be known that the group should follow process before posting negative remarks about the university but it's a little late for that now.

I have a question. As I am honestly ignorant about how to react to/with service animals. Can you not pet/talk to them as they go by? Also I hope the woman posting all the stuff can prove half of what she said cause if not it will end very poorly for her after the way she has very publicly attacked Auburn on the word of what appears to be a single individual.

You should always leave service dogs alone unless you have specific permission from the handler. You can potentially distract them from doing their job, which could potentially endanger an individual based on their disability.

the dog is a therapeutic dog moreso than a service dog. Those dogs help veterans cope with PTSD and that is it.

I understand the animals purpose. They have also been used for depression and anxiety disorders for a very long time and have experience with them.

You should still speak with and get permission from the handler to interact with the animal regardless of being service, emotional, or therapy classification.

Also for AUtiger2012, always read their vest (it will identify the form of dog most times in the 3 previously mentioned categories). Even in the case of therapy dogs handlers can prefer to be asked:

therapy-harnessx.jpg

Her dog was not wearing a vest. FWIW.

And she is not a combat vet. She has a dog for another reason. And her sister is the one stirring the pot. She is an huge updyke that was working for AU. She was fired from AU after two months. No clue why.

Lot more to this story so I would just chill.

Quoted this to answer the question above.

Let's try to remember that this girl is in fact an Auburn student, she is part of the family just like the football players and every other AU student. Apologies have been offered, and hopefully she can get on with her life and continue her education at the most beautiful, friendly and hospitable campus in the country.

Unless her and her sister are trying to pull some BS scam. Then I don't care where she's a student. It's becoming more and more likely that she exaggerated her claim and that these players have been publicly smeared unjustly. I mean, does anyone find it interesting that with all the publicity this has gotten that no one who was at Haley Center when this happened as stepped forward on Twitter, Facebook, Reddit, news media - anywhere - and corroborated her version of events? But there have been at least a couple of folks that have said that while there was some sort of disagreement/argument, it didn't look much like her version at all.

On top of that, consider if her version were correct how things have gone down...during the fog of fact gathering and the story breaking on Facebook and other places because of the sister hyping it, within 8 hrs of it happening, the girl gets an apology over the phone from Malzahn and the AU administration and an offer for the players to apologize personally. Then it's like "hit the brakes, folks." Auburn hasn't said anything else. Malzahn hasn't said a word. Neither player has offered a formal apology. Then the differing accounts start popping up. And the sister deletes her Instagram post haranguing Andrew Williams, deletes her Twitter account. The Service Dog Memes Facebook page where she really kicked this into overdrive by posting their pictures and her sister's account is gone. POOF. Vanished. Not the thread she started mind you - the entire Facebook page.

If you can't detect the fish aroma here, you might need to see a doctor about your nose. So, I'm in wait and see mode now with a beginning tilt toward believing this is BS. So I'm not in the mind to see her as a "fellow Auburn person" or concerned about her staying.

Also interesting that there is no notice of any punishment/disciplinary action for the players.

So is Ms. Stoddard still an administrative assistant at the Athletic Department as she claims on her FB page? Maybe RiR can enlighten us on that. It looks like she would have had quick access to Gus if that is the case and would have had no need to start a crusade on the Internet calling him out. She seems to be the one who did the most to turn the molehill into the mountain. Just wondering if there was some agenda here other than defending the sister? I wholeheartedly agree with you that something smells here.

Pretty sure that I read her position isn't quite what it sounds like and that she's not there anymore. I could be wrong.

Soon everyone will have their answer. I cannot divulge what is going to take place but let me just say that this was a misunderstanding and soon there will be a final resolution that explains what happened and what will occur. CGM has handled this very well, the players have handled this very well, and the young lady just needs some space. She has a legitimate issue with personal security in general because of what happened to her in the USAF. I state this by having an intimate knowledge of the case.

Please refrain from contacting Ashley. She's been bombarded with some pretty disgusting stuff today (warranted or not) and we hope to use this as a platform for educating the public on these dogs and their handlers.

Soon everyone will have their answer. I cannot divulge what is going to take place but let me just say that this was a misunderstanding and soon there will be a final resolution that explains what happened and what will occur. CGM has handled this very well, the players have handled this very well, and the young lady just needs some space. She has a legitimate issue with personal security in general because of what happened to her in the USAF. I state this by having an intimate knowledge of the case.

Please refrain from contacting Ashley. She's been bombarded with some pretty disgusting stuff today (warranted or not) and we hope to use this as a platform for educating the public on these dogs and their handlers.

This is good to know.

But now go read the crap on yahoo sports. She is a "disabled veteran" and was "verbally assaulted". Now they are trying to make it sound like they turned over some guys wheelchair who got his legs blown off in the war. Good lord.

But now go read the crap on yahoo sports. She is a "disabled veteran" and was "verbally assaulted". Now they are trying to make it sound like they turned over some guys wheelchair who got his legs blown off in the war. Good lord.

The media got it wrong from the start. That is there mode of operations over the last two decades.

The media got it wrong from the start. That is there mode of operations over the last two decades.

Well that happens when you run with only one side of a story instead of waiting to get the full picture. We had her sister blasting out to any and everyone a highly slanted version of events, demanding that it get spread far and wide and the stations and papers just bit on it.

ESPN has decided to run with it now.......

Edit: Link in the above post ;D

And this is exactly why Gus and others called her immediately. Otherwise, when ESPN takes it from the AP, we look even worse. At least we have learned a thing or two from previous witch hunts we have been involved in.

Well that happens when you run with only one side of a story instead of waiting to get the full picture. We had her sister blasting out to any and everyone a highly slanted version of events, demanding that it get spread far and wide and the stations and papers just bit on it.

That is what is so frustrating. Ask people from other parts of the country about Cam and they believe he got paid and Auburn was put on probation for it. While nothing could be further from the truth, and Auburn was completely exonerated, that is the belief based on what the press printed without any of the facts. Was there ever any retraction? No. Now here we go again. No doubt the real story is going to be quite different once the facts come out in this case. But will the press ever say they made a mistake? No. The public has it in their minds that two Auburn players beat up a disabled veteran and ask people a year from now and that is what will be stuck in their minds. I'm not one to believe in conspiracy theories, but dang, there sure does seem to be a lot of "reporters" who jump on any opportunity to smear all things Auburn.

About 6 months ago, I was in Asheville at a Super Walmart shopping with my wife. I cannot drive in that I am disabled....yes I am a disabled person that suffers from a host of bad health issues. Back to my story. There was a man who was probably in his early 30s that had a beautiful Australian Shepard that served as his service dog. I love dogs and animals in general, and have never had a bad encounter with any animal. I went to let the dog sniff at my left hand that was in the correct position to show the dog that I was friendly. The man who owned the dog abruptly told me NOT TOUCH HIS DOG!

This totally caught me off guard. I immediately apologized to the owner who seemed like he was going to jump me any second. I slowly backed away and told him that I was sorry and only wanted to be friendly with his dog. He glared at me as I slowly walked off.

I could see how the 2 football players felt with the dog owner freaking out as she did. I want the truth as all of you who love Auburn. Who knows...maybe she is related to Updyke....just kidding of course. I am a former veteran and know a lot about PTSD and know that some folks use this to get the disability status. When folks do this to get disability status, it angers me as well as other folks who have a legitimate disability. I am in no way saying she is not disabled, and hope she can get her life back to normal as possible.

So Gus is out apologizing for no reason ...just to make himself and AU look good? That's good to know. I was afraid there was something to this.

So Gus is out apologizing for no reason ...just to make himself and AU look good? That's good to know. I was afraid there was something to this.

You ever hear of apologizing because, regardless of intent or whose fault the misunderstanding was (perhaps both), you upset or caused distress for someone? I mean, I teach my kids this. They'll do something that hurts their sibling. Unintentionally even. But I still tell them to apologize. And I get the objection, "But I didn't mean to!" And my reply is that while that's good to know, you still say you're sorry when you hurt someone. They are still hurt whether you meant to, or intended it to be that bad or not.

So, he's not apologizing for no reason. Had you read a few posts by to autigeremt's post, there was a misunderstanding. The girl was upset and Gus apologized. Simple as that.

Archived