2016 QB's

JFDTiger80

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To be honest, I think we have much bigger needs to meet than at QB.

A QB takes up only one spot in a class. We need to sign a great QB pretty much every year.

A QB takes up only one spot in a class. We need to sign a great QB pretty much every year.

At least one this year, some years take 2 if available.. And this is a year to load up on quality DTs.

At least one this year, some years take 2 if available.. And this is a year to load up on quality DTs.

AU is going to take one stud and maybe one "QB/Athlete" type this year.

WDE - who is your prediction on who the STUD will be?

We have to have a Stud at QB to win. Period. I like to have one in every class.

A QB takes up only one spot in a class? Really? Thanks for clearing that up for me.

Can you also clear up for me how your 'response' is actually a response to what I said? For instance, is it a rebuttal? Did I say we don't need to sign a QB (who will, after all, take up only one spot)? Did I say we shouldn't try to sign a great QB?

What I said was that I think we have bigger needs to meet than at QB. Do you think that is false? If so, why? If not, why did you feel the need to tell me that a QB takes up only one spot on the roster?

With contributions to the board like this, you're not hurting your reputation in the least ....

:no:

WDE - who is your prediction on who the STUD will be?

I'd say one of Pass, Barrett and Kendall for sure. Pass might be saying different but AU is still very much in it. AU is still recruiting the kid committed to FSU. Have not heard a word on the kid committed to Ole Miss.

WDE, I think Patterson is going to be an impossible pull (from Ole Miss), unless his brother leaves for some reason. I really think he is Numero Uno to Gus/Rhett though, don't you?

WDE, I think Patterson is going to be an impossible pull (from Ole Miss), unless his brother leaves for some reason. I really think he is Numero Uno to Gus/Rhett though, don't you?

Zero chance on Patterson IMO. He is heavily recruiting for Ole Miss now. He sent out a Welcome tweet to the new LB commit Ole Miss got last week. He is excellent.

A QB takes up only one spot in a class? Really? Thanks for clearing that up for me.

Can you also clear up for me how your 'response' is actually a response to what I said? For instance, is it a rebuttal? Did I say we don't need to sign a QB (who will, after all, take up only one spot)? Did I say we shouldn't try to sign a great QB?

What I said was that I think we have bigger needs to meet than at QB. Do you think that is false? If so, why? If not, why did you feel the need to tell me that a QB takes up only one spot on the roster?

With contributions to the board like this, you're not hurting your reputation in the least ....

:no:/>

I'm just trying to figure out what recruit takes up more than one spot....whoever he is he had better be awesome, that's for sure.

I'm just trying to figure out what recruit takes up more than one spot....whoever he is he had better be awesome, that's for sure.

Wow never thought about it like that...............

I don't see anything wrong with M4's post. All he was saying is that we will go after one qb per year, so deficiencies of other positions will have enough room to get filled.

IDK, I think if someone cared enough to research it, 1 QB per year would leave you in a lurch due to: attrition due to transfer, grades, dumb actions, injuries, and not just having the stuff when the lights come on. I doubt you want to recruit 2 QBs a year either. Probably like what we've seen....try and land 1 quality QB and if you have 2 on the board every 2-3 years, take both.

My bad forgot I wasn't allowed to speak

My bad forgot I wasn't allowed to speak

:dunno: was going along with you.

Do you need me to paint you a picture?

What difference does it make that "we have bigger needs"? We don't have limitations on how many players we recruit. With regards to QBs; you're only really "recruiting" a handful hard every year. Its not like we're recruiting 25 QBs and therefore taking up resources that could go elsewhere. Because of that; your goal should be to sign an elite QB every single year, because when it comes down to it your ability to compete for a championship is going to come down to QB play. That is why I said that a QB only takes up one slot....you're recruiting a handful of guys for 1 spot a year (usually). You have no excuse for failing to target the best QB you can find.

I don't even agree that QB isn't a "need" in this class. Tyler Queen is not a super-elite signing and Smith is already moved to WR....that means that last year's class is missing a real "bluechip" QB. What happens if Johnson blows up this year and leaves for the NFL? We need a top QB in this class.

What difference does it make that "we have bigger needs"? We don't have limitations on how many players we recruit. With regards to QBs; you're only really "recruiting" a handful hard every year. Its not like we're recruiting 25 QBs and therefore taking up resources that could go elsewhere. Because of that; your goal should be to sign an elite QB every single year, because when it comes down to it your ability to compete for a championship is going to come down to QB play. That is why I said that a QB only takes up one slot....you're recruiting a handful of guys for 1 spot a year (usually). You have no excuse for failing to target the best QB you can find.

I don't even agree that QB isn't a "need" in this class. Tyler Queen is not a super-elite signing and Smith is already moved to WR....that means that last year's class is missing a real "bluechip" QB. What happens if Johnson blows up this year and leaves for the NFL? We need a top QB in this class.

I don't need you to do anything. I'd prefer if you didn't try to act like a badass on the basis of claims like "A QB takes up only one spot in a class." It's ridiculous.

I mean, I get that it's your shtick to try to twist what other people are saying into obviously stupid things so that you can 'refute' them. But it's stale. Yeah, you'll get your defenders who'll say stuff like 'M4 may be a jerk, but he's usually right'. But when you make claims like "A QB takes up only one spot in a class," it's hard not to be right.

I hope for your sake, as well as for that of others, that you can become more comfortable in your own skin. Maybe you'll feel confident enough to drop the attitude and actually take some risks in what you say. If we're really lucky, and if you try hard, maybe you can grow up to be like Mikey (someone with real attitude who doesn't play it safe all the time). Until then, we'll all have to suffer watching you continue to 'correct' people who think that a QB takes up more than one spot in a class (or something else equally obviously stupid that they didn't actually say).

As for the QB issue, I'll stand by my original claim; but I'll rephrase it. I'm more interested in who we sign at other positions this year than I am in who we sign at QB. If JJ blows up this year and leaves for the NFL, I suspect White will get to take over the reigns a year early. Does that mean I think we don't need to sign a QB this year? Nope. Does that mean I think we shouldn't try to sign a good one, or the best one we can? Nope. Does that mean I think a QB takes up more than one spot in a class? Nope. But I do think that who we sign at QB this year is less important than who we sign at LB, DL, DB, and even at WR. That's somewhat surprising, if I'm right, since -- as you are so kind to point out, as if I didn't know it -- QB play is vitally important.

Let me put the point another way. If I were to construct a list of the top 10 most important players for us to sign in this class, I don't think I'd put a QB in the list. Now, before you tell me and act like I'm so stupid and you're so smart, I'm fully aware that we can sign more than 10 players. I just think that this year, given the players available, I wouldn't put a QB in the top tier of recruits we need to sign. I'm aware that's a controversial claim, one that opens me up to refutation. But it doesn't commit me to claims like 'We don't need to sign a (good) QB this time around' or 'A QB takes up more than one spot in a class'.

Why would we sign 10 QB's Britt? And what kind of name is Britt? Are you trying to make us think you are Royalty?

Get with the program!! :pcprobs:

Why would we sign 10 QB's Britt? And what kind of name is Britt? Are you trying to make us think you are Royalty?

You're right, Dixie. I'm such a fool. If we sign 10 QBs, that would take up, like, 20 spots! :slapfh:

Get with the program!! :pcprobs:/>

You're right, Dixie. I'm such a fool. If we sign 10 QBs, that would take up, like, 20 spots! :slapfh:/>

speaking of twisting up words...

You're right, Dixie. I'm such a fool. If we sign 10 QBs, that would take up, like, 20 spots! :slapfh:

Wait! You can't agree with me. I need you to question me, because then I can call you stupid (actaully would be more insensitive), and then I can double down on whatever non-sense I posted, that is in question!!

How long have you been a member here? You should know that he is always right...(wait fot it)...metafourically speaking.

:rimshot:

I don't need you to do anything. I'd prefer if you didn't try to act like a badass on the basis of claims like "A QB takes up only one spot in a class." It's ridiculous.

I mean, I get that it's your shtick to try to twist what other people are saying into obviously stupid things so that you can 'refute' them. But it's stale. Yeah, you'll get your defenders who'll say stuff like 'M4 may be a jerk, but he's usually right'. But when you make claims like "A QB takes up only one spot in a class," it's hard not to be right.

I hope for your sake, as well as for that of others, that you can become more comfortable in your own skin. Maybe you'll feel confident enough to drop the attitude and actually take some risks in what you say. If we're really lucky, and if you try hard, maybe you can grow up to be like Mikey (someone with real attitude who doesn't play it safe all the time). Until then, we'll all have to suffer watching you continue to 'correct' people who think that a QB takes up more than one spot in a class (or something else equally obviously stupid that they didn't actually say).

As for the QB issue, I'll stand by my original claim; but I'll rephrase it. I'm more interested in who we sign at other positions this year than I am in who we sign at QB. If JJ blows up this year and leaves for the NFL, I suspect White will get to take over the reigns a year early. Does that mean I think we don't need to sign a QB this year? Nope. Does that mean I think we shouldn't try to sign a good one, or the best one we can? Nope. Does that mean I think a QB takes up more than one spot in a class? Nope. But I do think that who we sign at QB this year is less important than who we sign at LB, DL, DB, and even at WR. That's somewhat surprising, if I'm right, since -- as you are so kind to point out, as if I didn't know it -- QB play is vitally important.

Let me put the point another way. If I were to construct a list of the top 10 most important players for us to sign in this class, I don't think I'd put a QB in the list. Now, before you tell me and act like I'm so stupid and you're so smart, I'm fully aware that we can sign more than 10 players. I just think that this year, given the players available, I wouldn't put a QB in the top tier of recruits we need to sign. I'm aware that's a controversial claim, one that opens me up to refutation. But it doesn't commit me to claims like 'We don't need to sign a (good) QB this time around' or 'A QB takes up more than one spot in a class'.

You're so lost you're not even in the same ballpark, as observed by the fact that you clearly can't comprehend the basis of my "a QB only takes up one spot" analogy. As I stated, is a picture necessary? I'm a really good artist.

I'm not even going to bother addressing the rest of your attempted diatribe against my character LMFAO. The fact that you actually felt the need to type that up shows immense levels of butthurt. Are your jimmies that rustled? Please note that not once did I bother to say anything about you personally, just your s***ty post about us having bigger needs than QB (which, as I explained gracefully, means literally nothing in the desired end goal of signing a top QB every year). Gee, who honestly needs to "get more comfortable in their own skin"? Me, or the guy who follows me around trying to attack my character?

Apparently you don't get my "schtick" at all. My schtick is obliterating stupid posts and stupid opinions. My schtick is NOT personally attacking the user behind the computer screen. That is YOUR schtick, and I can say with confidence that this exhibits a far greater level of sadness. Its the internet, stop taking it so seriously.

20...that about matches your IQ, right?

You don't want to play this game with me. No surprise I've got Dixie running in to chime in his attack. You morans are pathetic. Remember, at the end of the day you're all hanging off my coat-tails itching to try to get a shot in.

Archived