Coach at LSU next year?

DKW 86

Who is going to be the new coach at LSU?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Who is going to be the new coach at LSU?

• Nick Saban
    • Terry Bowden
    • Butch Davis
    • Glenn Mason
    • Jimbo Fisher
    • Mike Shanahan
    • Other

Our AD said he will only hire a current sitting head coach and that several agents of coaches have already called.

He will not hire from within or hire an assistant either on the NFL level or College level.

We shall see, it has been a miserable week for us...

i really hate to see nick leave, if indeed he is. i've always thought he was a hell of a coach and good for the sec and the west div. in particular. i still think the one of the best calls i've ever seen a head coach make was in '01 down in BR auburn got penalized for unsportsman-like before the 1st half kick off. lsu wins the toss, defers, kicks off from the 50 after the penalty, and kicks an ON SIDES KICK! fooled everybody in the state.

Our AD said he will only hire a current sitting head coach and that several agents of coaches have already called.

He will not hire from within or hire an assistant either on the NFL level or College level.

133389[/snapback]

Should Saban leave for Miami do you believe that it's more likely that LSU will hire a coach committed to the college game to avoid going through this again? It would make more sense, which is why I believe that Butch Davis would be a good choice.

133389[/snapback]

Should Saban leave for Miami do you believe that it's more likely that LSU will hire a coach committed to the college game to avoid going through this again? It would make more sense, which is why I believe that Butch Davis would be a good choice.

133404[/snapback]

Well thats a really good question, if you were to ask the average tiger fan, would you give up the 2 SEC titles and the BCS National Title for Nick to stay more then 5 years every single one of them would say no (Well most of them).

But to be honest we are all hoping we can get a coach that wants to be with LSU for a long time, has no aspirations of the NFL and gets the media treatment (How much have we had to deal with the Saban to the NFL rumors)

THis is not a knock on Tubbs, he got his team to 12-0 this year. Amazing season not one mention of him leaving, same with Stoops he is a fantastic coach. OU fans dont have to deal with this.

We are hoping one day to get our Bowden, Stoops, long time good coach, win some lose some but we are always in it.

We had thought Saban was our guy, he may still be.

But as much as I hate to admit it, the writing is on the wall. Saban is gone, if he wasnt he would have said something by now. He reads what our recruits are saying, they are leaving like rats leaving a sinking ship.

So I guess we will see who our next coach is, hopefully the dinardo year are not ahead. I think Saban has built a great program we just need to find a coach committed to the ideals and goals Saban put in place both off and on the field. There are coaches out there.

Question is, whatever coach we get, do they get the Ron Zook treatment from a now spoiled LSU fan base. Seriously some LSU fans were bitter that we went 9-2... 9-2 !!!!!! I mean come on, we lost to the SEC champs by 1 point at their stadium. While defending a BCS national title. I hope we ALL realize the SEC is the best conference in the nation, and you cannot win it every year. You can expect to but realize other teams have fans, players and coaches who are just as determined...

Dinardo, Hallman years - Yeh thats not good, but if we can compete year in and year out, win a few lose a few I will be a very happy tiger fan.

We are all very bummed, I hope we are all wrong and Saban stays, if he doesnt the sun will rise tomorrow, I will pay my Season Ticket bill and I will be at every game next year cheering on the LSU tigers.

For the record I would love to have Butch Davis, it is said he is the best recruiter in the nation. BUt he has health problems (Some anxiety deal) and wish to not coach for awhile. If he has stress problems walking into LSU with a fan base that has been spoiled into the toughest conference in the land may not be his cup of tea. He might want to stick to Ivy league... the SEC is no place for a weak heart.

Personally I would love to make a run at Iowas coach, but I dont see him leaving.

We can dream...

I think LSU would be smart to stay in house and hire Jimbo. I think he is going to be a great coach. Also, LSU might want to try and go after Petrino. This guy can coach!

...if the timing had been a little different could spurrier have been interested in the lsu job? would lsu have been interested in spurrier (of course that ones a no brainer)? i wonder what the lsu fans think on this one.?

lsWHO needs the tatertot. With his small stature and no sense of loyalty, he would be a perfect fit with the corndog nation! :D

Despite all of the smack between AU/LSU fans, I don't want to see the guy go. He's a class act and brings serious credibility to the SEC. The more coaches we have that are successful and want to hang around at the programs, the better the conference looks.

Archived