Jeremy Johnson

Lowrider

I'm not sure that the other guys are "that bad" necessarily but they just aren't playing at their ceiling yet. It's tough for me to imagine that Jeremy Johnson can elevate his play all that much over what we've already seen unless he has a complete mental block that needs to be broken down. He's a senior and has been in this offense for 4 straight years with playing experience all throughout. There's no reason to think he has room to improve the way that a freshman would. White is probably still improving given his age and limited experience so far but you'd expect him to be practicing better than he supposedly has been if he hasn't hit his ceiling yet. We've yet to see either JF3 or Queen hit the actual playing field at this level so there's no reason to think that they can't improve over whatever they're showing right now in practice with more time in the system and on the field.

It's kinda like Cass and K. Frost. Both had been at Auburn for several years prior to the 2015 season and both had played extensively and been regular starters for a while. Sure a new DC could make a difference but there's no reason to think that either would have been able to suddenly become Karlos Dansby out there with one more year to play after they had already played a lot. Turns out they didn't. Cass looked a lot better at the end of the year because he was at a new position that suited him better. Frost was, well Kris Frost. Contrast that with Tre Williams, a true sophomore in 2015 who played a good bit but was also injured for more than half the year. There's plenty of reason to think that with the added experience and practice and more time to mature and let those little mental things become habit, he can emerge as a really good LB this year because we haven't really seen him be able to hit his ceiling just yet. At least, we all have to hope that's the case for him and many others on this team.

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So if that's the best, how bad must the other guys be? You guys are starting to scare me a bit....

You should be.

Golf, you sound like you're ready to start drinking already.

So if that's the best, how bad must the other guys be? You guys are starting to scare me a bit....

No need to panic... half of the people watching practice say Jeremy is hands down the best, the other half say Sean is hands down the best... what that tells me is no one really knows. What I do know is all 3(4) QBs have a full Summer to get better.

I've yet to see anybody say either one is hands down the best. I've seen posters give compliments on each QB. Compliments that quite honestly should be a given for QB play such as consistency, not turning the ball over, etc.

No need to panic... half of the people watching practice say Jeremy is hands down the best, the other half say Sean is hands down the best... what that tells me is no one really knows. What I do know is all 3(4) QBs have a full Summer to get better.

I've yet to see anybody say either one is hands down the best. I've seen posters give compliments on each QB. Compliments that quite honestly should be a given for QB play such as consistency, not turning the ball over, etc.

Read more threads. There have been report from people who attended practices that said Sean was hands down performing the best. There have been others that have said the same about Jeremy. The posts you are referencing are just the rest of making assessments based on previous play and andom stuff we've heard.

Biggest robbery ever was the Ohio State QB who won over Darren McFadden.

Not even close. Manning getting it stuck to him by Woodson was the biggest joke.

And FWIW JJ is AU's #1 guy. He has been "damn good" in practices this spring. And I'm also told that White is "our future" and Queen has "one hell of an arm".

Ok - I couldn't help my self - I HAD to pull up some threads from last spring.

WDE said JJ was "damn good" in practices in spring 2015 and White is "our future". Since he has inside knowledge, I'd like to know just how bad JJ has looked compared to last spring.

Same. Told he has been the most consistent and best so far. Still staring down receivers. Why AU needs to let the QB's go live.

Not good that only JFIII and Queen are wearing live blue jerseys for today's scrimmage and JJ/SW are in orange protection jerseys.

Not even close. Manning getting it stuck to him by Woodson was the biggest joke.

And FWIW JJ is AU's #1 guy. He has been "damn good" in practices this spring. And I'm also told that White is "our future" and Queen has "one hell of an arm".

WDE said JJ was "damn good" in practices in spring 2015 and White is "our future". Since he has inside knowledge, I'd like to know just how bad JJ has looked compared to last spring.

Same. Told he has been the most consistent and best so far. Still staring down receivers. Why AU needs to let the QB's go live.

Not good that only JFIII and Queen are wearing live blue jerseys for today's scrimmage and JJ/SW are in orange protection jerseys.

I am not sure that it means what you think it means. To me it just means that Malzahn is still trying to assess where they are at.

Yep.

Don't forget guys....this is April....maybe some of those comments were just crude attempts at April Fools jokes....or perhaps a serious attempt at predicting the future.

Either way.....nothing matters until August when the serious process of earning a starting role actually begins. 'til then....it is just praaaactice.....and not to be taken too seriously.

Read more threads. There have been report from people who attended practices that said Sean was hands down performing the best. There have been others that have said the same about Jeremy. The posts you are referencing are just the rest of making assessments based on previous play and andom stuff we've heard.

Unless you have some burden of proof to your assertion that 50 % of people are saying these two are the best HANDS DOWN, then you are a part of those post making assessments. Now, I have seen WDE saying JJ is performing the best because he is the most consistent. I have seen post that have said SW is performing the best because he has not turned the ball over. Neither of those statement points to either of them being the best hands down out there. If that were the case, there would be pretty much a clear leader at the QB position.

Edit: I have found hearsay from the rant via a source:JGT of Rivals saying JJ is the guy at QB right now and it isn't even close.

I guess that correlates with what WDE is saying. I have yet to hear any type of talk like that about SW.

Personally, I do hope JJ is hitting on all cylinders and can reach the potential I know he is capable of. I do believe the JJ, we saw the first half of the Arkansas game, gives us the best chance of succeeding.

Unless you have some burden of proof to your assertion that 50 % of people are saying these two are the best HANDS DOWN, then you are a part of those post making assessments. Now, I have seen WDE saying JJ is performing the best because he is the most consistent. I have seen post that have said SW is performing the best because he has not turned the ball over. Neither of those statement points to either of them being the best hands down out there. If that were the case, there would be pretty much a clear leader at the QB position.

Edit: I have found hearsay from the rant via a source:JGT of Rivals saying JJ is the guy at QB right now and it isn't even close.

I guess that correlates with what WDE is saying. I have yet to hear any type of talk like that about SW.

Personally, I do hope JJ is hitting on all cylinders and can reach the potential I know he is capable of. I do believe the JJ, we saw the first half of the Arkansas game, gives us the best chance of succeeding.

Well JGT is as accurate and any message board insider for what that is worth. What is Mark Murphy saying? Regardless, if it is JJ then he needs to be live at every scrimmage and the D needs to throw the book at him. All that counts is what happens in the fall when the real games begin. I am counting on Gus not to be left looking dumb again in terms of the QB play.

wde

I know several people who have been to some practices and scrims. and they are saying JJ. None of them have really been wowed by any QB. :dunno:

I am not sure that it means what you think it means. To me it just means that Malzahn is still trying to assess where they are at.

inconceivable

Or is this again the mirage of last year, where JJ looks GREAT in practice. But wait until the real season starts, with complex defenses and pressure and JJ reverts to old habits?

If JJ is the starter, then i will get nothing from spring reports. The important thing is, will they use JFIII as part of the offense, and see if he can move the offense and find ways to score.

I think I said this in the fall but....you know

LOL Just wait, dude. Pulling out "I told you so's" this early is just foolish. Especially considering the wide spectrum of reports coming in.

I can't wait to see if JF3 can be a great dual threat guy and run our offense. That's what I hope will happen. But I really do hope the best for all of our QB's and that whoever fits the shoe gets the job. Guess we can kinda see this weekend. WDE!

Seems like we've heard this before.

Smartest post in this entire thread...

Yep. 2016 is 100% about "show me/us" for Gus. Wins and losses will ultimately tell the tale. Subplots like QB play will go a long way to telling the tale.

wde

Seems like we've heard this before.

Smartest post in this entire thread...

Yep. 2016 is 100% about "show me/us" for Gus. Wins and losses will ultimately tell the tale. Subplots like QB play will go a long way to telling the tale.

Yep.

Sean White and/or JF3 might save his job and our season. If He sticks with JJ, pull the curtain down.

wde

Archived