2016 5* LB Ben Davis (Bama signee)

RunInRed

Ben is looking for the opportunity to come in and play early. He is very open to somewhere other than bammer. The large number of LB's on bammers roster is hurting them on this one.

• Replies 907
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We can offer early time. I think he is giving us a good look. He is not a normal kid. Whoever gets him will get a great kid

https://auburn.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1790477

AUBURN, Ala. | Gordo (Ala.) five-star linebacker Ben Davis knows three schools he'll take official visits to.

"I'm still working on the other two," Davis said. "But I'm definitely going to Alabama, Auburn and LSU."

Davis, ranked the No. 1 inside linebacker in 2016, announced the three schools following a half-day visit to Auburn. Davis, his parents and sibling all made the trip. The visit included watching Auburn practice for the first time of fall camp in pads.

"I liked that a lot, and I kept an eye on the linebackers," Davis said. "Coach (Will) Muschamp is really a great coach, a guy who is about his business and motivates his players to get better every day. I liked watching him."

Davis, 6-foot-4 and 240 pounds, will have at least two other opportunities to watch Muschamp in action. Davis plans an official visit, as well as an unofficial visit.

"I know I'm coming to the Iron Bowl (Nov. 28), but I don't know if it will be my official or if I'll take it another date," Davis said. "But I'll definitely visit. Auburn is definitely one of my top schools.

"I don't have a top 10 or anything, but they are definitely on my mind as a top school. I think I could come here and have a really good chance to play early."

https://auburn.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1790477

AUBURN, Ala. | Gordo (Ala.) five-star linebacker Ben Davis knows three schools he'll take official visits to.

"I'm still working on the other two," Davis said. "But I'm definitely going to Alabama, Auburn and LSU."

Davis, ranked the No. 1 inside linebacker in 2016, announced the three schools following a half-day visit to Auburn. Davis, his parents and sibling all made the trip. The visit included watching Auburn practice for the first time of fall camp in pads.

"I liked that a lot, and I kept an eye on the linebackers," Davis said. "Coach (Will) Muschamp is really a great coach, a guy who is about his business and motivates his players to get better every day. I liked watching him."

Davis, 6-foot-4 and 240 pounds, will have at least two other opportunities to watch Muschamp in action. Davis plans an official visit, as well as an unofficial visit.

"I know I'm coming to the Iron Bowl (Nov. 28), but I don't know if it will be my official or if I'll take it another date," Davis said. "But I'll definitely visit. Auburn is definitely one of my top schools.

"I don't have a top 10 or anything, but they are definitely on my mind as a top school. I think I could come here and have a really good chance to play early."

That's what we have been preaching for a while. And we are a good football program..top three in the west..maybe top in the west this year.

Dude can make an impact.

Come join the family

I think it's about time we started winning some uphill battles.Every top prospect is an uphill battle.

Top prospect are uphill battles with all colleges. You really can't be upset about Ben Davis?

+1.......lots of unrealistic expectations about AU's recruiting potential...JMO.

For some of these top players, it's more about where the parent wants them to play than where the kid wants to play, which is both unfortunate and more a reflection on the parent /guardian than the player.

Sounds like Ben's parents are open to what's best for their son.

For some of these top players, it's more about where the parent wants them to play than where the kid wants to play, which is both unfortunate and more a reflection on the parent /guardian than the player.

Sounds like Ben's parents are open to what's best for their son.

They are. I'm told his family is as good as they come. Wants whats best for their kid. Very refreshing. Like R. Gary's mom.

UAT has 17 linebackers and only 3 are Seniors: Lance Thompson has got to be showing Ben the numbers. Compare that to him coming to Auburn and playing immediately under excellent coaching.

18 Keaton Anderson LB FR 6-1/220 HS Florence, Ala. (Florence)

22 Ryan Anderson LB JR 6-2/258 2L Daphne, Ala. (Daphne)

48 Mekhi Brown LB FR 6-5/240 HS Columbus, Ga. (Carver)

43 Gussie Busch LB FR 5-11/205 RS St. Louis, Mo. (Priory)

30 Denzel Devall LB SR 6-2/252 3L Bastrop, La. (Bastrop)

32 Rashaan Evans LB SO 6-3/225 1L Auburn, Ala. (Auburn)

10 Reuben Foster LB JR 6-1/240 2L Auburn, Ala. (Auburn)

20 Shaun Dion Hamilton LB SO 6-0/229 1L Montgomery, Ala. (Carver)

42 Keith Holcombe LB FR 6-4/223 RS Tuscaloosa, Ala. (Hillcrest)

35 Walker Jones LB SO 6-2/240 1L Germantown, Tenn. (Evangelical Christian)

25 Dillon Lee LB SR 6-4/242 3L Buford, Ga. (Buford)

40 Joshua McMillon LB FR 6-3/240 HS Memphis, Tenn. (Whitehaven)

34 Christian Miller LB FR 6-4/213 RS Columbia, S.C. (Spring Valley)

16 Jamey Mosley LB FR 6-5/221 RS Mobile, Ala. (Theodore)

19 Reggie Ragland LB SR 6-2/252 3L Madison, Ala. (Bob Jones)

17 Adonis Thomas LB FR 6-2/228 HS Lawrenceville, Ga. (Central Gwinnett)

56 Tim Williams LB JR 6-4/230

UAT has 17 linebackers and only 3 are Seniors: Lance Thompson has got to be showing Ben the numbers. Compare that to him coming to Auburn and playing immediately under excellent coaching.

Any school needs to sign a bunch of 'em in order to end up with three or four capable of playing winning football in the SEC. The extras aren't useless, players with LB type abilities are handy to have around on special teams, etc.

Now, showing that list to prospects may help with recruiting or it may not be a factor. 5* players are just like 18 year-old soldiers. They both think "It can't happen to me". The young soldier thinks he won't be the one to get shot and the 5* prospect thinks he won't be the one riding the bench.

Point definitely taken, but keep in mind that just like our Buck the Jack at UA is a hybrid DE but classified as a LB. Some of those guys aren't really LBs like Davis is being recruited as. For comparison, we have 11 LBs on the roster and 3-4 Buck DEs that fall under the Defensive Line, for around 15. If you look at UA's roster, they show Defensive Line as exclusively tackles.

Defensive Line Name Pos. Yr. Ht./Wt. Hometown (last school) 1 Montravius Adams DT JR 6-4/306 Vienna, GA (Dooly County HS) 9 Byron Cowart DE FR 6-3/277 Seffner, FL (Armwood) 45 Keymiya Harrell DE SR 6-4/262 Plantersville, AL (Dallas County HS) 62 Jauntavius Johnson DT FR 6-2/322 Lincoln, AL (Lincoln) 59 Raashed Kennion DE SO 6-6/225 Jacksonville, FL (First Coast) 6 DaVonte Lambert DT SR 6-2/293 Keysville, GA (Burke County) 94 Devaroe Lawrence DE JR 6-2/284 Greenville, SC (Georgia Military College) 55 Carl Lawson DE SO 6-2/261 Alpharetta, GA (Milton HS) 42 Gimel President DE JR 6-4/259 Mt. Pleasant, SC (Wando HS) 95 Dontavius Russell DT RS FR 6-3/285 Carrollton, GA (Carrollton) 90 Maurice Swain DT JR 6-5/290 LaGrange, GA (Troup County) 92 Justin Thornton DE RS FR 6-5/225 Mobile, AL (Vigor) 98 Prince Tega Wanogho DE FR 6-8/250 Elmore, AL (Edgewood Academy) 79 Andrew Williams DE RS FR 6-4/251 McDonough, GA (Eagle's Landing Christian) Linebacker Name Pos. Yr. Ht./Wt. Hometown (last school) 48 Montavious Atkinson LB FR 6-1/183 Fairburn, GA (Langston Hughes) 57 Deshaun Davis LB RS FR 5-11/230 Mobile, AL (Vigor) 33 Kenny Flowers LB SR 6-1/230 Lilburn, GA (Parkview HS) 17 Kris Frost LB SR 6-2/234 Matthews, NC (Butler HS) 26 Justin Garrett LB SR 6-1/224 Tucker, GA (Tucker HS) 35 Jeffery Holland LB FR 6-2/240 Jacksonville, FL (Trinity Christian) 8 Cassanova McKinzy LB SR 6-3/249 Birmingham, AL (Woodlawn) 16 JaViere Mitchell LB JR 6-2/210 Leeds, AL (Leeds HS) 47 Cameron Toney LB SO 6-1/243 Huntsville, AL (Huntsville HS) 49 Darrell Williams LB FR 6-2/234 Hoover, AL (Hoover) 30 Tre Williams LB SO 6-2/225 Mobile, AL (St. Paul's Episcopal)

Well they have the commitment of the number 8 and presumably the number 1 (Mack) linebackers in the 2015 class also. That is a lot of 4 and 5 star players at UAT.

I would love to sign Davis! It would be a huge win! The kid is a stud.

Well they have the commitment of the number 8 and presumably the number 1 (Mack) linebackers in the 2015 class also. That is a lot of 4 and 5 star players at UAT.

I would love to sign Davis! It would be a huge win! The kid is a stud.

I'm with you, def still an easier sell on PT for us, just saying it's not that skewed on overall numbers.

You guys just make too much sense

You guys just make too much sense

Yes, Matt will finish in the top 10 for 2016. You can place your bets my friends!

I could care less what the bammers have or not have with regard to recruits. We will sign those young men who want to get a great education and win some titles along the way. If this young man wants to better himself, we all know which school he should choose.

A list article on this kid. He is sharpe . But his dad mentions he is absolutely pushing him to ua. Surprise right? Jmo Ben and his mother are giving us a strong look . His dad ain't buying what we are selling

Do we have any real, legitimate chance (when all is said and done) at Ben Davis or Mack Wilson?

No

Archived