2016 5* LB Ben Davis (Bama signee)

RunInRed

• Replies 907
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One thing is a verified fact. Evans Sr.s' store was open for business the morning of his announcement and on the afternoon of his announcement trucks were backed up there removing the merchandise. You don't get that done on a few hours notice, it was planned in advance. Just as the attempt to embarrass the Auburn coaches and two other players committed to AU was planned in advance.

Evans Sr. never got over the fact that Bo Jackson, Tim Jesse, Brent Fullwood and every other RB on the Auburn campus at the time were better players than he was. He couldn't even cut it at UT Chattanooga but somehow, he hates AU for his failures.

The fact he also invited Roberts and Mitchell to his commitment day was odd as well. They were known AU commits and went to Auburn Highs rival Opelika High. Why invite them? I just don't believe he decided that veey morning to go to Alabama.

Cole, I usually agree with the way you look at most subjects but there is too much evidence on this matter to not give credence to what Ironman and Mikey are saying.

I actually agree that he didn't decide right that morning. I think he decided his last visit at bammer. Might have tolled with the decision a little but pretty much like I said he didn't want to play the star position and he liked the bammer visits(as far as football) better than ours. Also I don't know but I'll take your word for it ok we know they sold their business, (which I'd done the same thing) really that just proves that he knew he wasn't going to Auburn before the announcement that's all. What else did we know from hind sight? Our defense sucked and our practices wasn't physical....What did recruits, especially him being at Auburn high watch alot? Practices. I'm not understanding the overlooking that. I'm the only person who even mentions it. But Mikey you mention our bad play on every other post you make every day....But it's far fetched here??? Doesn't make sense to me man.

On this board I've read things people said about Stephen Davis, Dee Liner, Brent Calloway that I KNOW weren't true, I'm not believing this. From what I've seen something immature or shady goes on that is in bad taste then before you know it, it multiplies exponentially and it grows into he hates Auburn for his life and he wakes up every morning throwing darts at a picture of Aubie every morning....

I don't know about the looking bad part I think maybe he listened to a coach from bammer to commit a certain way or something.....like all recruits do, but I think he considered us and I think if we had shown more promise on the field or we had this staff and said we want you to play buck look at Fowler and his success he would have come here.

If our defense for some reason is pathetic this year some recruits would rethink their commitments and some wouldn't. Same vice versa

So he was selling his store and telling our coaches his son was coming to AU at the same time and you guys still think he was shooting us straight?

So he was selling his store and telling our coaches his son was coming to AU at the same time and you guys still think he was shooting us straight?

You have proof for any of those assertions or are you letting sour grapes warp your ability to give a good argument? Last I heard was Auburn fans were boycotting his store immediately after Signing Day.

You have proof for any of those assertions or are you letting sour grapes warp your ability to give a good argument? Last I heard was Auburn fans were boycotting his store immediately after Signing Day.

That's true.

Haha I've known people to boycott BP after the oil spill, but to boycott a store based on where the owner's soon choose to goto school is....dare I say it. ..bammerish.

Totally overboard, IMO.

Something random I just thought of, if he hated AU so much why would he live there? One would think he would make sure his family was far from there, no? I have no opinion on the matter regardless, its been a long time since it happened.

You have proof for any of those assertions or are you letting sour grapes warp your ability to give a good argument?Last I heard was Auburn fans were boycotting his store immediately after Signing Day.

There was no way to boycott the store after signing day. It was closed about mid-morning signing day. When I DROVE BY THERE at roughly 3:00 PM on signing day, two trucks, one a beer distributor and one a bread/danish type seller were parked there. Guys were removing merchandise on hand trucks and loading it out.

So either I'm an outright liar or the store closing was arranged in advance. Take your pick, it won't worry me one way or the other.

You have proof for any of those assertions or are you letting sour grapes warp your ability to give a good argument?Last I heard was Auburn fans were boycotting his store immediately after Signing Day.

There was no way to boycott the store after signing day. It was closed about mid-morning signing day. When I DROVE BY THERE at roughly 3:00 PM on signing day, two trucks, one a beer distributor and one a bread/danish type seller were parked there. Guys were removing merchandise on hand trucks and loading it out.

So either I'm an outright liar or the store closing was arranged in advance. Take your pick, it won't worry me one way or the other.

It's like people don't remember that recruitment at all. It was personal and it's not conspiracy theory to think so.

Haha I've known people to boycott BP after the oil spill, but to boycott a store based on where the owner's soon choose to goto school is....dare I say it. ..bammerish.

Totally overboard, IMO.

Something random I just thought of, if he hated AU so much why would he live there? One would think he would make sure his family was far from there, no? I have no opinion on the matter regardless, its been a long time since it happened.

It was all part of the plan.....

It's like people don't remember that recruitment at all. It was personal and it's not conspiracy theory to think so.

How was it personal?

You never seen beer trucks at a gas station before? Why would Alan complain to the media that the Auburn fans were trying to destroy his families livelihood?

While I agree with some of the Posters that sometimes we over-react when a recruit we think is going to Auburn picks another school especially Bama, Evans was different as Miikey said the truck was at the door closing it same day as signing day (t was premeditated). Then they did the tour talking about how mean we were to them. People who know the coaches were actually told by the coaches that Evans family told them he was going to commit to Auburn the Evans family flat out lied to the coaches. The premeditation and lying is what made it personal.

So, about this Ben Davis kid. I hear he's a good kid from a good family, and he's also a good LB. Seems the consensus is he's headed to Bama. But, one only has to think back to Peyton Manning to recall that where one's dad was a player doesn't necessarily dictate where you go play. If the Davis family looks at the depth chart and coaches and like what they see at Auburn, I can see us getting a serious look.

Not saying he ends up at Auburn. But it's not completely irrational to think he might.

Unless he's read this thread about Evans, of course ....

While I agree with some of the Posters that sometimes we over-react when a recruit we think is going to Auburn picks another school especially Bama, Evans was different as Miikey said the truck was at the door closing it same day as signing day (t was premeditated). Then they did the tour talking about how mean we were to them. People who know the coaches were actually told by the coaches that Evans family told them he was going to commit to Auburn the Evans family flat out lied to the coaches. The premeditation and lying is what made it personal.

Made it personal to you? How so? God forbid that they complain to the media that their own hometown and Auburn fans around the state were sending hateful messages to them.

OK enough of the Evans talk. Lets get back to discussing Ben who I consider we have a 5% shot at getting. Good kid and good family.

Thank you.

OK enough of the Evans talk. Lets get back to discussing Ben who I consider we have a 5% shot at getting. Good kid and good family.

5% chance huh.....sounds to me like you are out pumping sunshine again today..... ?

Archived