2016 5* LB Ben Davis (Bama signee)

RunInRed

• Replies 907
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do we have any real, legitimate chance (when all is said and done) at Ben Davis or Mack Wilson?

At signing them? I don't believe so.

As I understand it, Wilson gave the staff plenty of justification to effectively end our relationship, and a lot has to happen for this one to break our way. It's possible, but improbable.

Davis is a really good, in-state prospect that's been saying the right things and showing interest, so we have to follow through. While I do think he's legitimately considering us, it's of little consequence because I don't believe we are or will ever be the favorite. It's a joke and a cliche, but on NSD, if you're not first, you're last.

WDE!

He'll give us a good solid look, thanks to Lance and Will and pursuit of playing time, just like at LSU or FSU, but on NSD he'll stick with what's comfortable and where he' "supposed" to go.

Do we have any real, legitimate chance (when all is said and done) at Ben Davis or Mack Wilson?

At signing them? I don't believe so.

As I understand it, Wilson gave the staff plenty of justification to effectively end our relationship, and a lot has to happen for this one to break our way. It's possible, but improbable.

Davis is a really good, in-state prospect that's been saying the right things and showing interest, so we have to follow through. While I do think he's legitimately considering us, it's of little consequence because I don't believe we are or will ever be the favorite. It's a joke and a cliche, but on NSD, if you're not first, you're last.

WDE!

Ricky Bobby and Jessica Alba confirm that we have no realistic chance on this one.

Ben will be a very good player but I think 90% he will go to Bama. Daddy wants him there.

KK tweeted today he thought AU would get Kyle Davis. There is a long way to go but this would be great.

who is kk

Kyle Kolombus. Old AU grad who has connections.

KK tweeted today he thought AU would get Kyle Davis. There is a long way to go but this would be great.

who is kk

Funny. You could have said, AU grad but you had to add the old.....

who is kk

He looks young to me-- perspective. ;)

A list article on this kid. He is sharpe . But his dad mentions he is absolutely pushing him to ua. Surprise right? Jmo Ben and his mother are giving us a strong look . His dad ain't buying what we are selling

Dad has to say that or catch heck. Maybe he is, maybe he's not pushing that hard.

who is kk

Lol I just meant he graduated awhile ago. Didn't he graduate in 05?

who is kk

You're right- dude's ancient.

Ben will be a very good player but I think 90% he will go to Bama. Daddy wants him there.

Probably more like 99%....saw a piece on him the other day and AU was not even mentioned....maybe there is something below the surface but when the son of a former bama player says that his bama offer was the dream of a lifetime or something to that effect, I would not be investing much in his recruitment..at least until he made an unofficial visit to take a look.

who is kk

Better question: why are we talking about Kyle Davis in the Ben Davis thread?

Reconstructing things, it looks like JFD corrected his mistake, but not before thaitopher could ask about KK. Y'all had me confused for a while.

who is kk

Better question: why are we talking about Kyle Davis in the Ben Davis thread?

Reconstructing things, it looks like JFD corrected his mistake, but not before thaitopher could ask about KK. Y'all had me confused for a while.

Exactly.

Probably more like 99%....saw a piece on him the other day and AU was not even mentioned....maybe there is something below the surface but when the son of a former bama player says that his bama offer was the dream of a lifetime or something to that effect, I would not be investing much in his recruitment..at least until he made an unofficial visit to take a look.

He has been to AU a bunch. Sometimes w/o it even being reported. That doesn't mean I think we sign him, but I do think he is actually thinking about it.

He has been to AU a bunch. Sometimes w/o it even being reported. That doesn't mean I think we sign him, but I do think he is actually thinking about it.

It would be a pleasant surprise, to be sure.

I was unaware of that...have not seen it mentioned anywhere..... but if true, that would cause me to change my view a bit...maybe back to 90% again.

who is kk

You're right- dude's ancient.

Put him out to pasture.

Ben Davis coming to Auburn would be like the Rashaan Evans commitment in reverse.

Don't see it happening.

There's one major difference here: Evans's dad hates Auburn, Davis's dad loves UAT. Davis to AU would be a much, much more difficult swing than was Evans.

Ben Davis coming to Auburn would be like the Rashaan Evans commitment in reverse.

Don't see it happening.

There's one major difference here: Evans's dad hates Auburn, Davis's dad loves UAT. Davis to AU would be a much, much more difficult swing than was Evans.

And I understand the kid's family moved from Texas to the gates of UAT a few years ago. Maybe I'm reading too much into that move... but sounds like part of a plan to me.

Count me among the "not surprised" when he ends up at bama. Meanwhile hoping the coaches are spending their time on more likely prospects.

Don't see it happening.

Don't agree with this at all

Archived