Voice Crying Out for Help

Weegle777

Several rescuers audibly heard a woman's voice crying out, but the poor mother had already passed. Fascinating story.

http://insider.foxnews.com/2015/03/10/unexplained-calls-help-lead-police-toddler-trapped-car

Incredible new details are emerging about what brought rescuers to a toddler trapped in a car in a frigid river.

18-month-old Lily Groesbeck was found alive in an overturned car after a crash in which the vehicle plunged into a frigid river in Spanish Fork, Utah.

It was not until 14 hours after the crash that a fisherman stumbled upon the car and alerted emergency personnel.

Ainsley Earhardt reported on "Fox and Friends" that as rescuers rushed down to the car, four police officers all say they heard the same thing: a woman calling out, begging for help.

There have been similar stories over the years and thy almost always get pooh pooed. People put limits on God's ways.

There have been similar stories over the years and thy almost always get pooh pooed. People put limits on God's ways.

There are miracles like this every day. People just don't want to believe it. I just finished a book about the 101st at Bastogne. The things that happened then are just too astonishing to call it luck or coincidence. Everyone associated with that said the same thing.

There are miracles like this every day. People just don't want to believe it. I just finished a book about the 101st at Bastogne. The things that happened then are just too astonishing to call it luck or coincidence. Everyone associated with that said the same thing.

Great point. People drive every day with none of the passengers dying. Miracles with better results than this story happen millions of times every day.

Playing Devil's Advocate:

I always wonder when I hear of such alleged miracles: Why does God seem to be playing "catch up" so often? If He is omnipotent and omniscient, why wait until after the accident, disease, or other calamity before performing miracles? Why not prevent said catastrophe? And before anyone says "So He could demonstrate to us His love. His power, and His presence", is his ego so fragile that he's willing to let persons suffer and die so he can show a magic trick to a people that he once warned: "an evil generation looks for a sign"?

I always wonder when I hear of such alleged miracles: Why does God seem to be playing "catch up" so often? If He is omnipotent and omniscient, why wait until after the accident, disease, or other calamity before performing miracles? Why not prevent said catastrophe? And before anyone says "So He could demonstrate to us His love. His power, and His presence", is his ego so fragile that he's willing to let persons suffer and die so he can show a magic trick to a people that he once warned: "an evil generation looks for a sign"?

This verse slipped out of mouth just a few hours ago when discussing "speaking in tongues".

God made us free moral agents. We have within us the capacity to choose whether to do right or wrong. Sometimes innocent people will be harmed as a result of the bad choice others make. I don't know why good people suffer while the wicked seem to prosper. It is not my place to question God and why he operates as he does. I know in this world there are many things that defy explanation by human reason.

God made us free moral agents. We have within us the capacity to choose whether to do right or wrong. Sometimes innocent people will be harmed as a result of the bad choice others make. I don't know why good people suffer while the wicked seem to prosper. It is not my place to question God and why he operates as he does.

I actually have almost identical beliefs. And I don't imagine I'd have the intelligence to understand God's answer if He did respond. I also believe that the idea that He micromanages our lives is incompatible with the concept of free will.

I'm merely saying that if I am expected to believe in miracles, then I have serious questions about the timing, frequency, and circumstances of those miracles. In the long run, of course, how or why He makes His decisions is none of my business.

One of the ' Heaven is real ' stories, where a kid claimed to have seen all sorts of things, confessed that he'd made it all up.

Some stories are easy to explain. Some, not so much.

God made us free moral agents. We have within us the capacity to choose whether to do right or wrong. Sometimes innocent people will be harmed as a result of the bad choice others make. I don't know why good people suffer while the wicked seem to prosper. It is not my place to question God and why he operates as he does.

I actually have almost identical beliefs. And I don't imagine I'd have the intelligence to understand God's answer if He did respond. I also believe that the idea that He micromanages our lives is incompatible with the concept of free will.

I'm merely saying that if I am expected to believe in miracles, then I have serious questions about the timing, frequency, and circumstances of those miracles. In the long run, of course, how or why He makes His decisions is none of my business.

"I don't imagine I'd have the intelligence to understand God's answer if He did respond." Yep

"I also believe that the idea that He micromanages our lives is incompatible with the concept of free will." Yep

That pretty much sums it up and I can add only one more thought.

When speaking about miracles most all of us our very selfish in our understanding of GOD. Everything is all about "me". I completely believe that he meets us on a very personal level but I feel most of his miracles go unseen because he is dealing with "mankind" as a whole. JMHO

For example: The miracle of the resurrection of Jesus was for "mankind", not just his son.

"I don't imagine I'd have the intelligence to understand God's answer if He did respond." Yep

Which is pretty much what He told Job.

We also don't have the luxury of seeing outcomes from His perspective. If we could, we would probably be more willing to accept the reasons why He allows things. Where we see a tragedy of one young mother passing on, and tend to focus with tunnel vision on why God wouldn't prevent that, think about how many have been touched by this story, and how many might come to know Jesus through it. That is the true miracle. This life is but a vapor, a short breath, a miniscule moment in eternity.

We also don't have the luxury of seeing outcomes from His perspective. If we could, we would probably be more willing to accept the reasons why He allows things. Where we see a tragedy of one young mother passing on, and tend to focus with tunnel vision on why God wouldn't prevent that, think about how many have been touched by this story, and how many might come to know Jesus through it. That is the true miracle. This life is but a vapor, a short breath, a miniscule moment in eternity.

Good point

For Weegle, cooltiger, and quiet,

We can all put aside any of our differences when it comes to our faith in Jesus. After typing my message about Jesus resurrection being for many people I checked my youtube account and this new video was the first I came to. It is a wonderful thing to see Judeans calling Yeshua their messiah. You may disagree with Judean messianic believers because of your doctrines but it is still interesting to hear their side of the story. They bring up many things that you will not always hear in an American Church. (this is not meant for everyday Christians but is meant for Judeans to stand up to their faith against Rabbis of Judaism)

I get you and I don't believe he micromanages our lives either. Why this happened the way it did, I don't know. I guess we'll all understand it at judgement day.

Archived