2015 Spring Practice - Day 9

RunInRed

So Roc has made physical improvement, but not running improvement... Hmm

Smith is a really skinny receiver... Interesting how he made it at that weight in HS

From what the coaches have said, he just dances around too much. Needs to just hit the hole like Mason did.

Hey Coach Garner,

tumblr_lzer9r6WH01r3zat8.gif

As long as he gets the defensive line playing well he can say f*** every other word as far as I'm concerned.

Garner just doesn't buy into the pansie-ism of today's overly sensitive, pink is a boy color society.

Smith is a really skinny receiver... Interesting how he made it at that weight in HS

Weight is secondary to speed and quickness in a WR. I'll take a team of 150 pound speedsters and whup your team of 220 pound slugs every time. Also, Smith was a QB in high school and JUCO. That's another position where size is a secondary factor.

Sounds like Smith is a potential difference maker with the ball in his hands. He has excellent speed and moves

The quickness of Adams' 1st step in that drill is noticeable. He left Swain in the dust every time, of course Swain is 6'5", but still.

My goodness, Lashlee can sure give long winded answers, lol.

With the speed of defensive players these days a running back doesn't have the time to make many East-West moves at the line of scrimmage. So yah Roc needs to make his decision, plant his foot and head North-South. Get through the LOS and save the juking for the open field.

Not the news I wanted to hear about Tony Stevens. His clock is ticking fast...

What's with the guy in the Officials striped shirt?

I've seen him a few times now.

Hey Coach Garner,

tumblr_lzer9r6WH01r3zat8.gif

As long as he gets the defensive line playing well he can say f*** every other word as far as I'm concerned.

Garner just doesn't buy into the pansie-ism of today's overly sensitive, pink is a boy color society.

Agreed. I was just trying to be humorous. Maybe CRG is a poor target, since so many on here like to denigrate him.

What's with the guy in the Officials striped shirt?

I've seen him a few times now.

they are all students who help out on the team, equipment managers and such...they dress in those shirts since Gus has been around...

?

Lashlee said he's not where he should be. He said he's not an every-down player, I think. Not good considering the expectations everyone had for him. There is talent at the WR spot so, based on what has been said, I wouldn't be surprised if he only gets marginally more PT than he has the past two years.

But maybe they are trying to motivate him. There have been plenty of instances where the staff heaps praise on a player to the media but we never see that praise come to fruition on game day. Maybe this is the opposite.

?

Lashlee said he's not where he should be. He said he's not an every-down player, I think. Not good considering the expectations everyone had for him. There is talent at the WR spot so, based on what has been said, I wouldn't be surprised if he only gets marginally more PT than he has the past two years.

But maybe they are trying to motivate him. There have been plenty of instances where the staff heaps praise on a player to the media but we never see that praise come to fruition on game day. Maybe this is the opposite.

thx

Folks need to remember this is spring training and when any coach talks about his group, you'll always hear a bunch of negatives about the older guys and star guys. You will hear some positives about the younger guys and fill in guys. Coaches do this to motivate these guys. They will pump sunshine on those that need encouragement and negatives on those that need their attitude adjusted. Mark down all they say then compare it to remarks they make during fall practice and you will see the difference. Every once in a while they slip up and that is where you need to key. One that comes to mind is with all of Gus's and Rhett's pantomime about JJ not being the starter yet, then CDC talks about how JJ and DW will break all the records at AU. That is why you hear each spring about how well some young guy is doing then next fall he is MIA. TIFWIW. WDE

Archived