2017 5* OT Calvin Ashley Transfers from AU

RunInRed

1 hour ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

I've been around recruiting for 20 years. I mean in the trenches. And I can tell when something is off. AU should not have to put the effort into Ashley like they are right now if everything was good. And when kids are on the fence like this, usually isn't good for the school who the kid is comitted to. 

A comitted kid would want the school to move on to other kids. 

I may have misunderstood you WDE, but I thought I read somewhere that you were concerned about KJ (as well).  I assume that would be Britt, but I thought he was already signed and participated in Dec. practices.  Hopefully I'm just confused or paranoid but could you clear that up?

• Replies 743
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^^It sounded very cryptic; a previous post alluded to a "misunderstanding." When does the dead period end? When it does, CHH needs to give him full court, obviously.

Just now, autan said:

I may have misunderstood you WDE, but I thought I read somewhere that you were concerned about KJ (as well).  I assume that would be Britt, but I thought he was already signed and participated in Dec. practices.  Hopefully I'm just confused or paranoid but could you clear that up?

No. we were talking about THE Kerryon Johnson recruitment.

18 minutes ago, thaitopher said:

Such a joke you are. People have made a lot of criticisms against Gus on this board. Some valid, some not. Criticizing him for his recruiting would be one of those nonvalid arguments. Gus has gotten us a top ten recruiting class virtually every year he has been head coach, except for maybe his first year when Chizik's firing caused a complete dumpster fire.

Still had a top 10 class then.

1 minute ago, aujeff11 said:

No. we were talking about THE Kerryon Johnson recruitment.

Good.  Thanks!!

4 minutes ago, autan said:

KJ was Kerryon from a previous class.

4 minutes ago, AUwent said:

^^It sounded very cryptic; a previous post alluded to a "misunderstanding." When does the dead period end? When it does, CHH needs to give him full court, obviously.

January 11th.

7 minutes ago, AUwent said:

He's still visiting on 1/20 right? Getting the last visit would help a lot.

If he flips before then he probably won't OV AU.

This staff's inability to land an elite tackle is getting similar to it's inability to land top linebackers a few years ago.  We're raking in the guards and project players, but can't seem to land a McNeil/Robinson/Ziemba.

2 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

This staff's inability to land an elite tackle is getting similar to it's inability to land top linebackers a few years ago.  We're raking in the guards and project players, but can't seem to land a McNeil/Robinson/Ziemba.

I predict Troxell will be elite once he gets fully healthy.

11 minutes ago, thaitopher said:

So if the day passes and we hear nothing can we just assume the Maryland insiders are just FOS?

I am 110% committed! Always have been and always will be!!! #WDE3:32 PM · Jan 5, 2017

1 minute ago, thaitopher said:

Eff those Maryland insiders. That's my hot take. 

Yep. Worst than South Carolina's.

6 minutes ago, thaitopher said:

Eff those Maryland insiders. That's my hot take. 

I wanna put this post on my shoulders and carry it around the stadium. 

I've always gotten the feeling that Calvin is like Carl.  The rumors swirl around him but he has made up his mind and is a man of his word. I'll certainly take his direct tweet over some sports talking head's crystal ball pick.

7 minutes ago, autan said:

Ryan Bartow CB'd him to MD today.  That got my attention.

I will save E the effort of replying to this and say that it doesn't matter what national recruiting analysts think - you look at the insiders for that particular program. I will add to E's statement that in this particular matter, it doesn't even matter what the local insiders think because apparently all the Maryland guys are FOS too.

Here's my take:  at least it gave me a little distraction from work today! Whenever I was bogged down writing or dreading a call, I popped in to see if IT had happened yet. Tomorrow? I have no idea what I'll do.

9 minutes ago, mcgufcm said:

Here's my take:  at least it gave me a little distraction from work today! Whenever I was bogged down writing or dreading a call, I popped in to see if IT had happened yet. Tomorrow? I have no idea what I'll do.

Sorry but like me tomorrow you may actually have to do some work.

LOL

14 minutes ago, thaitopher said:

I will save E the effort of replying to this and say that it doesn't matter what national recruiting analysts think - you look at the insiders for that particular program. I will add to E's statement that in this particular matter, it doesn't even matter what the local insiders think because apparently all the Maryland guys are FOS too.

I agree it doesn't matter, but some here seemed  to imply that it was all a Maryland insiders conspiracy. I doubt Bartow would base his CB reputation on that.  Do hope he is wrong on this one.  KN misses sometimes too.

6 minutes ago, autan said:

I agree it doesn't matter, but some here seemed  to imply that it was all a Maryland insiders conspiracy. I doubt Bartow would base his CB reputation on that.  Do hope he is wrong on this one.  KN misses sometimes too.

Why do you think Calvin would post "I'm 110% committed" and "#WDE", half an hour ago, if he was even considering Maryland?

Just now, lionheartkc said:

Why do you think Calvin would post "I'm 110% committed" and "#WDE", half an hour ago, if he was even considering Maryland?

Something tells me this drama is far from over. I kind of echo WDE's concerns about Ashley's commitment. His commitment may stick today, but what about tomorrow....or NSD?

Archived