2017 5* OT Calvin Ashley Transfers from AU

RunInRed

• Replies 743
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe he is thinking about the fact that Leff is leaving and was rated as one of best SEC linemen and that our two guards are on the SEC team and our recent history of putting O-Linemen into the NFL  and about what a sweet place Auburn would be for him.

Hes on his maryland official right now. When he is done with that I fully expect our coaches to erase all the damage maryland did on it.

33 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Hes on his maryland official right now. When he is done with that I fully expect our coaches to erase all the damage maryland did on it.

Has he already taken an official to Auburn? If not, when? And will he be attending our big event in January?

21 minutes ago, thaitopher said:

Has he already taken an official to Auburn? If not, when? And will he be attending our big event in January?

PRETTY sure he is going to be in AU for the big recruiting weekend of jan 20th. @ellitor would know for sure.

On 12/10/2016 at 6:52 PM, thaitopher said:

CA 's cryptic tweets have me very concerned.  Always tough keeping players who commit as early as he did.

you gucci?! after all that. the day he gets done with a OV to maryland he chooses to have US come in for a in home. I will admit there is some some recruits we should be worried about if they flip but KNOCK ON WOOD but I do not think CA is one of them. Herb and fountain probaly erased a lot of the damage that maryland did to us on this official.

Can't lose Ashley. He is easily the second most important recruit in this class IMO, but they are all important.  WDE CA!!!  

1 minute ago, aufootball1 said:

Is Calvin Ashley "starting" material for next season or do we need a couple JUCO OL's? 

The staff feel he is but also want a juco OL too in the class.

12 minutes ago, ellitor said:

The staff feel he is but also want a juco OL too in the class.

Hmmm, looks as if the bammers and ms state ahave grabbed them all already... time to do some flipping magic! WDE

• 2 weeks later...

you scared the crap out of me I thought it was about to read barton simmons crystal balls CA to maryland! lol PHEW!!!!!!

8 hours ago, au_bsci_04 said:

Once in a class but #6 at his position in the class? What am I missing? 

Nothing. He is ranked there because he has been injured quite a bit the past 2 years.

On 12/13/2016 at 8:54 AM, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

AU is counting on Ashley to start at OT next year. So the answer is yes. 

If that's the case, will we have two new tackles next season? I have read where James will be moved to guard and just read on al.com Prince Sammons has caught the eye of players as well as coaches

Are we still in good shape with Ashley? We need to make sure that he will be blocking for the best QB in all of college FB come this fall. (JS) of course.

Archived