Braxton Miller possibly Interested in Alabama

Texan4Auburn

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Saban has nothing to lose by bringing him in.

Nope, and he has an open scholly after the departure of Taylor.

I read somewhere that Miller's most recent surgery has pretty much left him unable to throw the ball.............If I was NS, I'd bring him in and put him in the backfield - put him in some wildcat schemes and let him use his legs. What have you got to lose?

Odin SaBear does not stoop to peasant level football by running the hurry-up or the wildcat. He is King of the double wide lands and all the hounds toothless mullet peoples. He plays real football.

I don't look for this to happen. Miller isn't slated to really be ready until July. That's not much time to be starting from scratch at a new school. He will probably stay put.

If he wants to play QB, he'd be wise to go a school where he knows he can start as well as fit his playstyle/offensive scheme he's used to.

For his sake, he'd be better off avoiding bama.

Miller is a better Sims, and you see how that worked out

What about those 5* QB recruits they've signed the last couple of years? And, let's not forget the 2014 Heisman candidate, Jacob Coker? Honestly, why would Bama need Miller?

Because those QBs are collective trash

If he wants to play QB, he'd be wise to go a school where he knows he can start as well as fit his playstyle/offensive scheme he's used to.

I'm not worried about it one way or another.

When fully healthy yes he is. Nobody knows how he'll be coming back. If he leaves he'd likely want to be all but assured of the starting job. He's not going to go play a part time wildcat role. Saban can't give him the assurance he would be the starting qb.

When fully healthy yes he is. Nobody knows how he'll be coming back. If he leaves he'd likely want to be all but assured of the starting job. He's not going to go play a part time wildcat role. Saban can't give him the assurance he would be the starting qb.

not many will. Not openly anyway.

I was talking to a bama fan yesterday and he seemed pretty happy that Miller could be transferring to Bama. Even went as far as to say that Miller would be the "miracle" that Bama needed otherwise he predicts Auburn and Arkansas finishes better than them in the west. Needless to say, he isn't very thrilled with Coker and the rest of the bunch other than the true frosh Barnett. Even though his opinion doesn't equate to the opinion of the rest of the bammers, I'm still sensing an overall mood of anxiety from the rest of bammers regarding their qb situation.

I was talking to a bama fan yesterday and he seemed pretty happy that Miller could be transferring to Bama. Even went as far as to say that Miller would be the "miracle" that Bama needed otherwise he predicts Auburn and Arkansas finishes better than them in the west. Needless to say, he isn't very thrilled with Coker and the rest of the bunch other than the true frosh Barnett. Even though his opinion doesn't equate to the opinion of the rest of the bammers, I'm still sensing an overall mood of anxiety from the rest of bammers regarding their qb situation.

This makes two consecutive years that they have faced this. They got lucky that Sims was able to develop into a good solid qb.

This makes two consecutive years that they have faced this. They got lucky that Sims was able to develop into a good solid qb.

Having a WR of Amari Cooper's caliber was a big help too.

Thats the funny part, as good of a season that Sims had, the bammer I talked to is writing Coker off the books because he couldn't beat out Sims last year lol. I just hope they realize that if Bama goes after transfer qbs two years in a row to "save their season," future qb recruits are going to look at this and laugh in their face. There are players like Cornwell and whoever else they have that were highly rated players and the coaches are actively trying to make sure those players never see the field. If I was a qb recruit, I would have serious issues with this.

I think LSU would be a better place. Or Florida but Florida stinks.

With a shoulder in such poor shape, you couldn't pay me enough money to be a signal caller behind that Oline. Not this year.

Wasn't there talk of him wanting to go to LSU a while back?

I know there was talk of Golson, ND QB, possibly transferring to LSU awhile back

Wasn't there talk of him wanting to go to LSU a while back?

i think so.

i didnt remember what injury Miller had. a bum shoulder could make him into an insurance agent pretty quick.. he would prosper better if he stayed at OSU.

i didnt remember what injury Miller had. a bum shoulder could make him into an insurance agent pretty quick.. he would prosper better if he stayed at OSU.

He most likely won't even see the field if he stays, although he had previously beaten out both Jones and Barrett prior to last season

• 3 weeks later...

I work with Antonio Langham's cousin, who told me yesterday word within bama alum circles is that Miller to UA a done deal, FWIW

I work with Antonio Langham's cousin, who told me yesterday word within bama alum circles is that Miller to UA a done deal, FWIW

Anything is possible but I'll believe it when I see it. There are other places more suited to him and he'd be all but assured of the starting job.

Archived