2016 4* WR Kyle Davis (AU commit 11/25/15)

RunInRed

• Replies 708
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I bet Kyle can't wait to get to Auburn now after the aerial fireworks he witnessed today!! Sorry, I don't have the sarcasm font.

He going to have dreams of being the guy they fake the jet sweep to.

Both teams struggled yesterday, no doubt. However, going forward I would hope a talented WR prospect could see Sean has been able to put the ball on the money when he is healthy and he will be the QB the next 3 years.

Was with Kyle and Eli last night. Kyle and Eli are very close and both love Auburn. Everything Kyle said was positive, and he's not scared away at all by the fact that our offense is underperforming right now. He said he trusts Gus to get the QB play fixed next year, and he really sees himself being able to step in and have a huge impact right away, which is a big selling point for him. I'm no expert, but I definitely feel good about our chances after talking to him last night.

Was with Kyle and Eli last night. Kyle and Eli are very close and both love Auburn. Everything Kyle said was positive, and he's not scared away at all by the fact that our offense is underperforming right now. He said he trusts Gus to get the QB play fixed next year, and he really sees himself being able to step in and have a huge impact right away, which is a big selling point for him. I'm no expert, but I definitely feel good about our chances after talking to him last night.

Ok

Thanks for the update!

Thanks-- what about Eli?

Thanks-- what about Eli?

Eli is very solid

Thanks-- what about Eli?

Eli is very solid

Thanks, It's good to hear some positives after yesterday.

Thanks 19. Kyle has seen what Sean can do and that he would be the "guy" next year.

Eli and Kyle would be an awesome combo for next years class.

Add Darius Slayton and Jason Smith and we could have an elite set of WRs. Get SW healthy and we could have a potent offensive attack and yes I fully realize we made the same predictions about this year's team.

Add Darius Slayton and Jason Smith and we could have an elite set of WRs. Get SW healthy and we could have a potent offensive attack and yes I fully realize we made the same predictions about this year's team.

First, let me say that I totally agree that Sean, with a stable of reliable receivers, could be a force to reckon with, but I have to ask... just because I've seen it a few times, now, why all the love for Jason Smith as a receiver? I get that he is an elite athlete and has the potential to make things happen, once he gets the ball and has some daylight, but this year he's been average at best. His numbers are on par with the somewhat maligned Tony Stevens, and no where near the top of our receiver list.

First, let me say that I totally agree that Sean, with a stable of reliable receivers, could be a force to reckon with, but I have to ask... just because I've seen it a few times, now, why all the love for Jason Smith as a receiver? I get that he is an elite athlete and has the potential to make things happen, once he gets the ball and has some daylight, but this year he's been average at best. His numbers are on par with the somewhat maligned Tony Stevens, and no where near the top of our receiver list.

I agree that Jason Smith hasn't shown much on the field this year. I listed him for no other reason than his potential - same reason I listed Darius Slayton and the other WRs. If you look at his highlights, he is a speedy, electric player. I think he has been way underused this season - am a bit shocked why he doesn't have his own packages. That said, I hope that Gus and Rhett can figure out a way to take advantage of his assets next season, and maybe even against Bama in two weeks.

^ Agree lionheartkc, but hopefully he can turn into the type of play Quan Bray became for AU. Maybe even better since he has better speed. I was one piling on Stevens before Duke left, but I have been pleased with what I have seen from him this season. If his continues to improve he can be good for us next season with Ray and Ricardo gone

I agree that Jason Smith hasn't shown much on the field this year. I listed him for no other reason than his potential - same reason I listed Darius Slayton and the other WRs. If you look at his highlights, he is a speedy, electric player. I think he has been way underused this season - am a bit shocked why he doesn't have his own packages. That said, I hope that Gus and Rhett can figure out a way to take advantage of his assets next season, and maybe even against Bama in two weeks.

I would also add that our impotent passing game hasn't exactly give Jason Smith the opportunity to showcase his abilities as a WR.

Any word on which way he is leaning right now?

WAR EAGLE!!

All indications are Auburn.

I can't say I disagree. I've just become a little jaded when it comes to the eternal quest for the next Percy Harvin. First it was Trovon Reed, then Quan Bray. None have ever ended up being the game changer that everyone hoped. I wonder if Gus really has a solid plan for someone like that in his playbook. He always says "we need to get the ball to _____ more", but then never does. Fingers crossed for Smith.

My optimism on Smith is his ability to create space at all levels. He's one of the better route runners in the WR group already. Bottom line, he gets open. That's the start point for all good receivers, and he hasn't shown poor ball skills. He hasn't had opportunity, but we're losing 50+ receptions (and even more targeted passes) this year. There will be opportunity to any that has skill.

Archived