2016 4* WR Kyle Davis (AU commit 11/25/15)

RunInRed

I read a few pages back that if Gus & DCraig both are at AU next year we are ok with Kyle. If Jimbo Fisher gets the LSU job & Craig goes with him, what are our chances then?

WHY would Craig go off with him when he left him two years ago to join Gus's staff at Auburn? Does this question have any factual basis to support it???

He left because it was AU. Wouldn't have left otherwise. Just unhappy with a lot of things on the offensive side of the ball. Loves AU, but is AU (under the current situation) good for his career?

The ONLY way Dameyune is leaving AU, is for a promotion (OC) and a raise... If that happens, can't blame him.

Who says he's unhappy? I've been told the exact opposite.

• Replies 708
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I read a few pages back that if Gus & DCraig both are at AU next year we are ok with Kyle. If Jimbo Fisher gets the LSU job & Craig goes with him, what are our chances then?

WHY would Craig go off with him when he left him two years ago to join Gus's staff at Auburn? Does this question have any factual basis to support it???

He left because it was AU. Wouldn't have left otherwise. Just unhappy with a lot of things on the offensive side of the ball. Loves AU, but is AU (under the current situation) good for his career?

The ONLY way Dameyune is leaving AU, is for a promotion (OC) and a raise... If that happens, can't blame him.

That's what I was thinking, too.

If Malzahn is back for another year, he should fire Rhett and name Dameyune as our new OC/WR coach. Then go out and hire the best QB coach that money can bring in. BTW, is Kyle coming next weekend.

If Malzahn is back for another year, he should fire Rhett and name Dameyune as our new OC/WR coach. Then go out and hire the best QB coach that money can bring in. BTW, is Kyle coming next weekend.

Splendid idea A4E. Why you are not our AD I will never know. :dunno:

Splendid idea A4E. Why you are not our AD I will never know. :dunno:/>

Well, technically he is wr coach and co-oc(I know, ha ha, yeah right), so we'd almost have to fire him and rehire him.

To me this guy is the single most important recruit in the entire class, including defensive tackles. Everything hinges on the play of our qb and wrs next year. I think we'll be ok, if not really good, at every other position (early exits pending). If we can't solidify those positions, though, we're in jail.

It's possible that he's that good, but I rarely expect a true freshman to be a complete gamechanger at any position. There have been a few (Lee Ziemba/Ryan Pugh in 2007, Devin Aromashodu in 2002, Carnell Williams in 2001), but more often than not, true freshmen good enough to earn PT are solid contributors. The major impact comes a year or two later.

I do think Kyle is an important recruit though. He's a stud on the outside. When you put game changing players on the edge of this offense, it completely changes the dynamic and opens the run game and/or creates huge plays in the passing game. He can be that kind of guy for this offense.

out of all our targets I think Kyle can start from day 1 especially because he a mid-year

If Kyle Davis comes to Auburn he will start I think.. We have great slot guys but not a true WR threat on the outside where he could line up.

WAR EAGLE!!!

out of all our targets I think Kyle can start from day 1 especially because he a mid-year

If he cannot block he probably won't start but if he has that ability under his belt and with his size/speed he could be a potential starter...WRs in this offense need to be good blockers also...

And if his grasp of the offense trails Tony Stevens, he probably won't start. Stevens, Smith, and Davis all have a good bit of playing experience and years in the system. I suspect those are going to be your opening day starters, barring injuries or improvement by current players (Roc Thomas moving to WR, Slayton, Truitt, or Ryan Davis grabbing a spot).

But Tony is our only receiver with any real size. Kyle can offer that ability to go up and get a ball that no one else has.

Slayton is supposedly 6'2. He may or may not be a deep threat. He is pretty much a mystery to me at this point through.

Archived