2016 4* WR Kyle Davis (AU commit 11/25/15)

RunInRed

Going to UGA, unfortunately...

Do you know something.the rest of us don't?

Just A LOT of chatter about KD leaning towards UGA, as well as his mom LOVES UGA....

war eagle6, that you?

You may be on to something...

• Replies 708
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just A LOT of chatter about KD leaning towards UGA, as well as his mom LOVES UGA....

war eagle6, that you?

Bwahahahaha

war eagle6, that you?

Auburnguy101 knows how to spell and use punctuation. Two things we6 never knew how to do.

war eagle6, that you?

Auburnguy101 knows how to spell and use punctuation. Two things we6 never knew how to do.

I am assuming by these posts that we6 got made fun of so much that he gave up and quit posting...or, did he just morph under a different name?

war eagle6, that you?

^^^^^^^This

war eagle6, that you?

I am assuming by these posts that we6 got made fun of so much that he gave up and quit posting...or, did he just morph under a different name?

We6 out of the blue decided to try to tell us he had all this insider info which was false. He never alluded to it prior, but during the Muschamp hire, he decided he had a connection in the AD. He got banned for some reason.

war eagle6, that you?

We6 out of the blue decided to try to tell us he had all this insider info which was false. He never alluded to it prior, but during the Muschamp hire, he decided he had a connection in the AD. He got banned for some reason.

I guess not everyone can be WDE.

If one continues to break rules, they are removed from the site. It had nothing to do with his info being 99.9% bs & .01% lucky guesses

If one continues to break rules, they are removed from the site. It had nothing to do with his info being 99.9% bs & .01% lucky guesses

I wasn't alluding to that, at least it wasn't my intention. I have no idea why he got the boot, but it must've been pretty bad because mods here give us a pretty long leash.

There has been some chatter (that should be taken with huge grains of salt) on many boards that Davis was leaning to uga. However; given Auburnguy101's stellar inside sources, I am now optimistic that Davis may end up choosing us.

wde

Well if it's chatter you listen to, then he will be committing to UT because they are the only teamin his top 3 trending up the rest of the season. Yes that's right, actual chatter...

Ok, I get it. I will refrain from saying anything from here on out....

This is nothing but a friendly suggestion: Those sources you've been getting info from: Question them in depth before posting. They haven't been reliable and if Monday you're informed that Jovon Robinson will be the starting RB vs. Ole Miss, back away from the keyboard unless and until you get 2nd party verification. Your "inside sources" haven't been doing you any favors.

This is nothing but a friendly suggestion: Those sources you've been getting info from: Question them in depth before posting. They haven't been reliable and if Monday you're informed that Jovon Robinson will be the starting RB vs. Ole Miss, back away from the keyboard unless and until you get 2nd party verification. Your "inside sources" haven't been doing you any favors.

But it's helped fuel his vendetta that at every incomplete Sean White pass, Jeremy is suddenly so much better.

Now, as far as Kyle goes, I haven't followed recruiting as much the past few years, but I will take any guy at this point with a WR next to his position and not an "ATH" that we think can play WR just because of his physical attributes. I hope we get Mr. Davis, but anyone with a WR will do for me.

But it's helped fuel his vendetta that at every incomplete Sean White pass, Jeremy is suddenly so much better.

Now, as far as Kyle goes, I haven't followed recruiting as much the past few years, but I will take any guy at this point with a WR next to his position and not an "ATH" that we think can play WR just because of his physical attributes. I hope we get Mr. Davis, but anyone with a WR will do for me.

YES....converting "athletes" to WR has not been working all that well for us for quite some time. We've wasted time, lost ball games and probably wasted the careers of kids who just could not make the change. Time to recruit actual WRs who have a few years at the position before they get to AU.

YES....converting "athletes" to WR has not been working all that well for us for quite some time. We've wasted time, lost ball games and probably wasted the careers of kids who just could not make the change. Time to recruit actual WRs who have a few years at the position before they get to AU.

^^^This...

Jason Smith is doing quite well. He's a legit deep threat, best one on the team. Can handle the ball out of the backfield, too.

Kodi Burns was very much a contributor at WR. Gave us incredible, selfless perimeter blocking that was critical to our success in the run game, threw a beautiful touchdown pass to Cam against Ole Miss and scored a touchdown in the national championship game. Regardless, he was a stud QB in high school, was recruited to be one at Auburn, didn't work out, and instead of just letting him rot on the vine they found a way for him to contribute.

Ditto for Jonathan Wallace. He isn't an NFL athlete, but he's a leader and he's contributing at the best place he can. Like Kodi, he's a team guy and I guarantee you his blocking gives us a better chance of a successful jet sweep or jailbreak screen to his side than Duke's ever did.

Stanton Truitt is a freshman "ATH" and is just starting to contribute like everybody else on the offense not named Peyton Barber. CJ Uzomah wasn't a superstar but he was very much a contributor who made some huge plays in key spots.

Who am I missing? Who are all these other failures? Honest question, I didn't spend too much time thinking about it.

The flip side is all the true WR prospects we did sign that haven't been able to cut it. No need to name names, just check a roster for WR prospects we signed that have yet to contribute much if anything.

The flip side is all the true WR prospects we did sign that haven't been able to cut it. No need to name names, just check a roster for WR prospects we signed that have yet to contribute much if anything.

We haven't had a quarterback who could consistently make all the throws in 5 years. Big part of it. But we've definitely seen alarming performance trends this season. I'll say this... it used to be can't block, can't get open, can't catch. We seem to have significantly improved in 2 of those 3 categories. Guys like Stevens, Truitt and Smith are coming alive. White is clearly building rapport and spreading it around. I think the unit can be a strength, and soon.

EDIT: I think maybe I missed your point. If you're saying that relocated WRs haven't failed any more than guys recruited as WRs, then I agree.

We haven't had a quarterback who could consistently make all the throws in 5 years. Big part of it. But we've definitely seen alarming performance trends this season. I'll say this... it used to be can't block, can't get open, can't catch. We seem to have significantly improved in 2 of those 3 categories. Guys like Stevens, Truitt and Smith are coming alive. White is clearly building rapport and spreading it around. I think the unit can be a strength, and soon.

EDIT: I think maybe I missed your point. If you're saying that relocated WRs haven't failed any more than guys recruited as WRs, then I agree.

Seeing the list of the number of receivers who caught a pass last week was great...reminded me of Ben Leard.

Yes, that is exactly what I was trying to say.

Jason Smith is doing quite well. He's a legit deep threat, best one on the team. Can handle the ball out of the backfield, too.

Kodi Burns was very much a contributor at WR. Gave us incredible, selfless perimeter blocking that was critical to our success in the run game, threw a beautiful touchdown pass to Cam against Ole Miss and scored a touchdown in the national championship game. Regardless, he was a stud QB in high school, was recruited to be one at Auburn, didn't work out, and instead of just letting him rot on the vine they found a way for him to contribute.

Ditto for Jonathan Wallace. He isn't an NFL athlete, but he's a leader and he's contributing at the best place he can. Like Kodi, he's a team guy and I guarantee you his blocking gives us a better chance of a successful jet sweep or jailbreak screen to his side than Duke's ever did.

Stanton Truitt is a freshman "ATH" and is just starting to contribute like everybody else on the offense not named Peyton Barber. CJ Uzomah wasn't a superstar but he was very much a contributor who made some huge plays in key spots.

Who am I missing? Who are all these other failures? Honest question, I didn't spend too much time thinking about it.

We have recently had a few others we can add to this list of QB turned receiver. Quan Bray. He had a nice career at AU and R Lewis right now, who may be our best receiver this year.

We have recently had a few others we can add to this list of QB turned receiver. Quan Bray. He had a nice career at AU and R Lewis right now, who may be our best receiver this year.

Yeah, Bray accomplished a lot more than he gets credit for. Didn't realize Louis played QB in HS.

My point it that it's their Jr year before they pick up the skills necessary to play serious WR....and while those guys might be the best we have had, most have had trouble running good routes, getting free and attaching the ball to make catches. What I'm thinking is that we get guys like Duke (minus the drama) or Treadwell, or A Cooper, or Pharoh Cooper, or Ridley, etc. etc...guys who know how to play the position from the day they walk on the campus.

I appreciate the effort of the players named above, but nobody can seriously think that any of them are the kid of WRs who give us a quick strike offense or are a threat to go the distance on every reception .... or can be counted on to make a catch in the clutch. Every now and then we have a WR who has maybe one good season....and then it's back to the drawing boards. Meanwhile, good WRs make an average QB look great....and with better WRs, I expect Nick would have been a better QB. JMO

Archived