2016 4* WR Kyle Davis (AU commit 11/25/15)

RunInRed

Darius Slayton is about as good a WR prospect as we can ask for. But don't let that interfere with the whining...

There is nobody whining. Thanks for your umm.. insight.

image.jpg

I don't know what your problem is, but showing me a picture of Golf has crossed the line.

But seriously though, I think it would be cool if we could break our spell of not signing five star WRs out of high school.

• Replies 708
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Going to UGA, unfortunately...

Do you know something.the rest of us don't?

Just A LOT of chatter about KD leaning towards UGA, as well as his mom LOVES UGA....

Is this chatter coming from the same people that informed you that Jeremy Johnson was going to start at QB vs. Kentucky?

Just A LOT of chatter about KD leaning towards UGA, as well as his mom LOVES UGA....

Is this chatter coming from the same people that informed you that Jeremy Johnson was going to start at QB vs. Kentucky?

drop the mic, drop the mic and walk off

I am going to be depressed if we don't get KD. If Mikey is a Linebackers guy, I am a WR guy and we have not signed an elite receiver out of high school since Obamanu probably.

Don't forget Terry Godwin...wait, never mind. On a side note I truly believe Darius Slayton will be someone we will look back on as a great pickup.

Was D-Lo Benton a juco guy? Emory Blake was a big get (and produced as much as he could, considering what he had to work with). Ricardo was a big get. Not 5*s, though, if that's what we're calling elite (which is a perfectly legit definition).

Yes, Benton was a juco.

The Benton deal was just a sad situation all around. He is a great kid. Bad luck.

To be fair JJ was given every opportunity during the off week to take the job back.

To be fair JJ was given every opportunity during the off week to take the job back.

I do believe he was given that opportunity. "Opportunity" being the operative term. There was no reason for people to be telling Auburnguy101 that JJ was certain to start the game, which is what Auburnguy101 was told.

It may turn out that he commits and ends up at UGA but this dude has been as accurate as alabama's fieldgoal kicker in clutch situations

Yeah, that's gonna get a big fat :thumbsup:

I do believe he was given that opportunity. "Opportunity" being the operative term. There was no reason for people to be telling Auburnguy101 that JJ was certain to start the game, which is what Auburnguy101 was told.

I can admit my information was incorrect. Like WDE said, JJ was given every opportunity to win the starting job. Sorry was wrong. No need to be disrespectful though. Don't get how some of you call yourselves Auburn fans, and someone who has info says something contrary to what you want to hear, and if they are wrong, pile on them and become disrespectful. I was wrong, it happens. And now it seems with KD things our changing in our favor by the way. Yesterday, they weren't. But, yea, appreciate the condescending comments you and others have when some info is not in favor of what YOU want to hear...

I think you misread Mikey, there, 101.

I going with the chatter and predicting this kid to UGA.

I love the word "chatter." So generic and vague. There is just as much "chatter" saying KD goes to Auburn, if not more.

I going with the chatter and predicting this kid to UGA.

Right now there is more "chatter" towards AU. IMO he wanted craig there when he was going to commit and AU couldnt go to the game. I expect him to take his last OV to AU and commit then.

I can admit my information was incorrect. Like WDE said, JJ was given every opportunity to win the starting job. Sorry was wrong. No need to be disrespectful though. Don't get how some of you call yourselves Auburn fans, and someone who has info says something contrary to what you want to hear, and if they are wrong, pile on them and become disrespectful. I was wrong, it happens. And now it seems with KD things our changing in our favor by the way. Yesterday, they weren't. But, yea, appreciate the condescending comments you and others have when some info is not in favor of what YOU want to hear...

I don't know...sounds like the Mikey I see on here everyday!

The problem with social media is that many people say things they wouldn't say face to face. There are a lot of posters on this board I respect their opinions and their information. I don't always agree with it but I don't make it personal when I disagree with it. There are other Posters that I think have an inadequacy complex and post stuff for the sake of posting maybe it makes them feel important. I will also respond to their information but again I don't make it personal.

Agree or disagree with the information but try to keep personalities out of it. I know with some posters that is easier said then done. I love this board and the information I get from it but I spend way to much time reading topics that get carried away with back and forth between two posters who disagree and attack each other and then other posters taking sides.

I know what I am asking won't happen but please go ahead and disagree with somebody but try not to disagree in away that becomes an attack on the poster.

If somebody says something that you find hard to believe nothing wrong with asking where the information came from, but if poster responds with their pants in a wad just ignore them, everybody will then know that they don't have any true sources so no need to waste our times arguing with that poster.

I intentionally did not name any names as this is a general beef I have and is not directed to any one person.

Sort of piggy backing off your post this is a point that I argued with a pretty well known poster but as far as recruiting goes people who may have info will rotate every year. Some people may have info just from a relationship from that players family. When someone new pops up they may be excited that they can contribute a little, they shouldn't be scoffed at because they're not so and so and they don't have 1000 posts

My problem is with people who submit opinion as fact. If you haven't heard something first hand you never know if it's true for sure. It's easy to say you where wrong "Sorry" after the fact but there are a lot of people on these boards that when someone says they have a source they run with whatever they say. It's some cases it is accidental but in most cases people that don't know anything are trying to act like they do. It's hard to tell the difference sometimes.

Sure. But I don't think Mikey was being disrespectful of 101. He was suggesting there was no reason anyone should have told 101 that JJ was definitely going to start.

It was to AU's advantage that misinformation get put out. Some "insiders" need to be careful that they're not getting played for a bigger cause.

Sure. But I don't think Mikey was being disrespectful of 101. He was suggesting there was no reason anyone should have told 101 that JJ was definitely going to start.

Glad there's somebody on the board that passed Reading Comp. 100. I was questioning 101's sources, not the poster. Now, if I get bad info from a certain contact I'm going to be pretty reluctant to repeat what I hear from them next time. But that's just me.

That's not news. It's been known for a long time. His dad wants him at AU just as much. Kyle appears genuinely torn right now.

There is another possibility though that could be good for AU. Auburn not being able to attend KD's game & him not finding that out til late seems as good an excuse as any to postpone.

That's not news. It's been known for a long time. His dad wants him at AU just as much. Kyle appears genuinely torn right now.

There is another possibility though that could be good for AU. Auburn not being able to attend KD's game & him not finding that out til late seems as good an excuse as any to postpone.

Yep.

Yep.

I was concerned once we heard CDC wouldn't be there. However, the way KD went about changing/canceling things once he found out, leads me to believe we are in front ATP.

Plus, the uga fans seem to be of the same mindset. They now realize it wasn't going to be them, and are doing what uga fans do, and have concluded we are paying him. :'(

war eagle6, that you?

Archived