The reasons why we win it all this year

gr82b4au

If we stay healthy, it will be a struggle, but we could win it all with a little to no injuries and a little luck.

Why?

1. Offensive Line -- Could be the best ever. Largest unknown is center.

2. Defensive Line -- Same story as Offensive line. BEAST!

3. QB -- I think JJ is a better overall QB than Marshall was. Marshall did a great job, but Jeremy is a more natural QB.

4. Receivers -- Duke, Richardo, Marcus, and a host of good receivers behind them.

5. Running Back - Jovon, Rock, Barber -- Could be the best RB backfield overall in the country

6. HBacks -- Too god ones in Cox and Pettway. Low on exprience, high on talent.

7. Linebackers -- Lots of experience with Frost and McKenzie. No injuries are key, but expect Tre Williams to step up and newcomer Jeffrey Holland as well, once he gets some playing time under his belt.

7, D Backs -- Good DBs at the starting position, not much depth behind them. A few key injuries could make us vunerable. We are good to great at safety. Matthews and Jones are givens. I think Rudy Ford will have a break out season, and if Garret can stay healthy, can really help us here.

That's why I see an SEC Championship title. Undefeated will be extremely hard, but anything less than 10 wins would be a major disappointment.

I agree with pretty much every thing in this post.

1. I'm not as worried about Golson as I am about Shon. How will Shon react to the premier pass rushers this year? I believe there will be a bigger eye on him this year bc he got away with a ton of blatant holds last year. Holds are drive killers just like sacks.

2. I'd watch out for Ray as well, with Duke being the #1 I can see Ray creating some mismatch problems

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Msu will NOT beat AU in auburn, sorry to disappoint u but that's NOT happening

MSU probably WON'T beat Auburn in Auburn. However, Auburn may well still lose the game. We play State the week after going to Baton Rouge, and AU-LSU seems to always turn into a slugfest, so I would expect the team to be a bit beat up going into the matchup with the pups. Toss in a couple of strange bounces, and anything can happen.

And when you start saying something will never happen, it usually does. Remember Appalachian State and Michigan in the season opener several years back?

Of course. Everybody will remember that forever because it was unusual. You're kind of pointing to the exception to prove the rule. I agree with your initial premise about MSU vs AU, but that last part doesn't really apply. That's like folks saying that Sammie Coates is proof that you can win a national title with a roster full of 2* recruits.

Well...I get where you're going, but I wasn't pointing at the exception to prove the rule, I was pointing at an unusually extreme exception in order to remind that if something as wild as Appy St. beating a top 5 Michigan team can happen, anything can. Using your analogy, it's far closer to saying Sammie Coates is proof that even a 2* can be picked in the third round than anything about a whole team of 2* players maintaining a high enough level to win it all.

You used the App State example to show that "when you start saying something will never happen, it usually does."

Aha, I see what you mean now. That's not what I meant, but the way I worded it did confuse things.

I wasn't using the App State example to show that saying things like that about a particular game, it is likely to happen; rather, what I was getting at was the notion that no team from I-AA (think it was still called hat at the time) could ever beat a top power conference opponent, and that's one I remember hearing at least some before the monumental upset.

In another example, I can vividly remember my brother's attitude after losing to USC in 03: he said it was no big deal, we'd drop 40 on Tech and rebound to have a great season. That there was no way the Yellow Jackets would come in and beat us.

There have been plenty of times in sports when something that "could never happen" actually did happen, and I'm the type to always be leery of making such definitive predictions...especially regarding Auburn.

Remember Utah State.

If msu finds another running back or get one that can get like 70% production from him they will be just as dangerous if not better on offense. Shouldn't be too much a drop on defense either, couple of their guys will be playing with NFL money in the back of their mind making them even more motivated.

Ask anyone who knows anything about football and they will tell you that games are almost ALWAYS won in the trenches. The only running back I've ever seen who could consistently be productive without good blocking was Barry Sanders; for all the praise Emmitt Smith gets as the NFL's all-time leading rusher, he spent the prime of his career running behind three All-Pro offensive linemen.

Ergo, if they can't get the offensive line figured out, MSU isn't going to be very good running OR passing. It wouldn't matter if they had Cam, McFadden, Calvin Johnson, and Larry Fitzgerald; if they don't have a line to keep the pressure off, they still aren't going to be moving the football consistently.

Yes I understand that, we don't know if their line will be good or bad. I have a friend that's on their team and he's been satisfied so far. But at the same time I don't guess he'd ever say we suck either so I guess we'll see.

LOL! ;)

Reason we win:

Birth of my daughter last month.

We won it all the year my first daughter was born. So we will win it again this year.

Reason we win:

We won it all the year my first daughter was born. So we will win it again this year.

Okay, I'm convinced now: It's a done deal! ;)

Reason we win:

Congrats! As a father of 2 girls, I send my sincerest congratulations and you have now made this year's squad a team of destiny.

Reason we win:

Congrats! As a father of 2 girls, I send my sincerest congratulations and you have now made this year's squad a team of destiny.

��

Thanks. 2010 and 2013 were teams of destiny, the last 1:20 of the 2013 game prevented a storybook ending that year but I hope this one is written to the end. Should be fun to watch.

My SEC west predictions:

Alabama--9-3 (5-3); losses to TAMU, LSU, and Auburn

Arkansas--9-3 (5-3); losses to Tenn, UAT and Auburn

Auburn--9-3 (5-3); losses to LSU, MSU and UG

LSU--9-3 (5-3): losses to Ark, OM and TAMU

OM--9-3 (5-3); losses to UAT, Auburn and Ark

MSU--6-6 (2-6); losses to LSU, TAMU, Mizz, UAT, Ark, and OM

TAMU--9-3 (5-3); losses to Ark, OM and Auburn

I can't remember a year in which the SEC west looked so even. Every team (besides MSU) could win the division, but every team is near-equally flawed and with plenty of obstacles. I'm sure there will be more of a gap than this, but right now, I can't predict one. FWIW either us or Arky goes to Atlanta.

In your scenario I think we go. Of the teams at 9-3 (5-3), only auburn and Ark have 2 losses from west and 1 from east. The others have 3 west losses. We beat ark and own the tiebreaker. We go get revenge on UGA in SEC Champ. :)

Suppose all this happens, and AU finishes as a 3-loss SEC Champ. Now suppose Baylor and TCU have no more than 2 losses, as do the other Power 5 conference champs. You think Auburn will make the playoff?

Uh.....no

even when the SEC was the biggest thing in the CFB back in 2013 and the B10 was nothing, if OSU didn't lose, we'd have been at home. Also, TCU will have likely maintained a top 4 ranking under this scenario, so you have a 1 loss or better OSU, Baylor or TCU, and 2 other conference champs with better records than us....We shouldn't depend on that 3 loss scenario

My SEC west predictions:

Alabama--9-3 (5-3); losses to TAMU, LSU, and Auburn

Arkansas--9-3 (5-3); losses to Tenn, UAT and Auburn

Auburn--9-3 (5-3); losses to LSU, MSU and UG

LSU--9-3 (5-3): losses to Ark, OM and TAMU

OM--9-3 (5-3); losses to UAT, Auburn and Ark

MSU--6-6 (2-6); losses to LSU, TAMU, Mizz, UAT, Ark, and OM

TAMU--9-3 (5-3); losses to Ark, OM and Auburn

I can't remember a year in which the SEC west looked so even. Every team (besides MSU) could win the division, but every team is near-equally flawed and with plenty of obstacles. I'm sure there will be more of a gap than this, but right now, I can't predict one. FWIW either us or Arky goes to Atlanta.

In your scenario I think we go. Of the teams at 9-3 (5-3), only auburn and Ark have 2 losses from west and 1 from east. The others have 3 west losses. We beat ark and own the tiebreaker. We go get revenge on UGA in SEC Champ. :)

Suppose all this happens, and AU finishes as a 3-loss SEC Champ. Now suppose Baylor and TCU have no more than 2 losses, as do the other Power 5 conference champs. You think Auburn will make the playoff?

Uh.....no

even when the SEC was the biggest thing in the CFB back in 2013 and the B10 was nothing, if OSU didn't lose, we'd have been at home. Also, TCU will have likely maintained a top 4 ranking under this scenario, so you have a 1 loss or better OSU, Baylor or TCU, and 2 other conference champs with better records than us....We shouldn't depend on that 3 loss scenario

MASSIVE SPECULATION and you have no way of knowing that.

Archived