gr82b4au

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yo we made these threads last year too.

Refrain from this just one time

Speak for yourself.

I did.

The point is that you make many threads that we don't need week after week in the Fall. You of all people don't need to tell someone what to and what not to post.

No, I don't.

Yo we made these threads last year too.

Refrain from this just one time

Speak for yourself.

I did.

The point is that you make many threads that we don't need week after week in the Fall all year long. You of all people don't need to tell someone what to and what not to post.

Fixed that for you..

If . . . and A BIG IF. .. it will be because of last year. And that years failure to live up to it's most glorious of expectations, Along with the defense getting such a bad taste of how horrible failure can be. To be known as the half that fails, might just be enough to go along with the upgrade in coaching.

Special teams play has to get a lot better too. Kickoff and punt coverage was atrocious as well as our kickoff return blocking. The only special teams play that was halfway decent was our field goals. Carlson did pretty well for a freshman given all kicking duties.

I haven't checked the stats for the year but our penalties seemed to be off the charts excessive. We didn't look like a very well coached team last year.

I say 3-2

I could live with it as along as we get the 3 by a safety and extra point

I'm curious how you think that would happen.

Auburn has as good of a chance to win it all as any other team in the country. Why is it that Auburn always has to get lucky or have divine intervention or things to fall the right way to win it all, but other championship teams are just talented and great? Sick of these whiny Auburn fans and their expectation tempering. BELIEVE DAMMIT.

Speak Brotha!!!!

This will be a much better team than 2014. Our defense will be salty with a huge chip on its shoulder. We will play

Tennessee for the SEC title of which we win 42-17. We will have a rematch with Wisconsin for the NC. We win 38-20.

We have upgraded every part of our team and the coaching on defense. The AU family needs to have a little faith for once that we are actually as good as our preseason ranking (which should be top 5).

There are good sides to both high expectations and lower expectations. Just on available starting talent Auburn is up there with all the top teams. A lot of very talented players will be playing as first time starters or in different Positions. Our head coach is an Offensive Maestro and we now have Defensive Maestro on the other side of the ball in MR BOOM.

We also will have to rely on a lot of young talented but unproven players for depth. One key thing for any team going all the way is injuries. What a difference a healthy Lawson would have made last year a dominant Outside pass rusher takes so much pressure of the DT's who were a lot better then many realized but were hindered by double teams. Look at the DT's who went to the NFL and then the best of the bunch Adams is still here.

There is reason for Sunshine Pumping but there is also reason for caution. Every team not just Auburn needs a little luck to go all the way (avoiding key injuries, winning the game where you didn't play well (every team seems to have one of those every year), overcoming other teams luck bounces, etc.).

Can we win it all yes but so can about 10 other teams just looking at talent and coaches. We need to have a few games under our belts before I would bet any money on it.

The previous two years the Blackhawks won the Stanley Cup, Auburn made it to the NC game the upcoming January.

#readthetealeaves

The previous two years the Blackhawks won the Stanley Cup, Auburn made it to the NC game the upcoming January.

#readthetealeaves

^^^^This. It's clearly destiny.

I had actually been keeping up with Lord Stanley's Chalice this year because of this. Saw it mentioned when they made the Finals. Figured since I have never had a reason to pull for one hockey team over another before, I better take this opportunity.

Auburn has as good of a chance to win it all as any other team in the country. Why is it that Auburn always has to get lucky or have divine intervention or things to fall the right way to win it all, but other championship teams are just talented and great? Sick of these whiny Auburn fans and their expectation tempering. BELIEVE DAMMIT.

Well said and WDE !!!

Everybody is saying that JJ will be a fantastic QB. But he remains unproven, just as does our 2nd string D, and many other positions. I know JJ has the athletic ability and the potential to be very good, but we really do not know how well he will respond mentally. Neither do we know anything about his leadership qualities, and that will be critical at times.

When Auburn is down ay 4, with 1:30 left on the clock, and 80 yards between us and a TD...how will he respond? We just don't know yet.

I remain cautiously optimistic and, as always, am hoping for the best. But when everyone is expecting Auburn to have a very good year...I've learned to be very cautious.

Everybody is saying that JJ will be a fantastic QB. But he remains unproven, just as does our 2nd string D, and many other positions. I know JJ has the athletic ability and the potential to be very good, but we really do not know how well he will respond mentally. Neither do we know anything about his leadership qualities, and that will be critical at times.

When Auburn is down ay 4, with 1:30 left on the clock, and 80 yards between us and a TD...how will he respond? We just don't know yet.

I remain cautiously optimistic and, as always, am hoping for the best. But when everyone is expecting Auburn to have a very good year...I've learned to be very cautious.

Seemed to do just fine last season in his first SEC start against Arkansas.

Seemed to do just fine last season in his first SEC start against Arkansas.

Plus, when will we be down by 4 with 1:30 left on the clock? By that time, I expect us to be up by 21, with White getting some playing time.

:wareagle:

Archived