2016 3* DL Tashawn Manning (AU commit 6/19/15)

Maverick.AU

Happy to have him and Newkirk since they want us which is not happening for higher ranked DLs. Hopefully CLT can use his experience as a DL coach to help CRG coach them up.

wde

CLT has the DEs and OLBs exclusively. Garner has DTs. Garner will have Manning, CLT will have Newkirk.

I obviously missed it, but when was it made public that CLT was coaching DE's as well as OLB? So Garner is only coaching DT?

wde

A couple months ago in an article by Bryan Matthews. 2. yes. CLT has the Strong DE, the Buck whether he is standing or hand in the dirt, and the Sam LB and the Nickel since one replaces the other.

Has it also been confirmed by someone other than Bryan Matthews? His "reporting" during Tuberville's final days was pretty sketchy (based on his own unfortunate postings on Rivals). Matthews has been more accurate than J Lee over the years though.

wde

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Barrett, Newkirk, and Manning all went to Evans HS prior to last year. (What I was told)

They all know each other very well.

Well we are officially into the, "well if the coaches like him that's good enough for me" days in DL recruiting. Not overly hard to figure. If you were a potential NFL DL and saw what happened to the last group of Dlineman that graduated from Au what would you do. Biggest group of under achievers based on talent to come thru Auburn in a long time. Big Rod got to go. Damnit I can still remember how giddy the mutts boards were when he left.

Has it also been confirmed by someone other than Bryan Matthews?

Not sure but BMatt has been a lot better overall since he initially left Rivals 6 years ago. I think he learned a lot from Phillip Marshall with his time at 247.

like the frame and the speed, could be a good one.

He is apparently bullishly strong already and has a good first step. His only technique issue appears to be pad level. Add 20-30 lbs and work on the pad level and he could be a quality DT.

And FTR he measured 6"3 270 by AU yesterday so that's where the measurables changes came from.

Well we are officially into the, "well if the coaches like him that's good enough for me" days in DL recruiting. Not overly hard to figure. If you were a potential NFL DL and saw what happened to the last group of Dlineman that graduated from Au what would you do. Biggest group of under achievers based on talent to come thru Auburn in a long time. Big Rod got to go. Damnit I can still remember how giddy the mutts boards were when he left.

I saw at least two get drafted...plus if the coaches like them I do. They do not recruit who the fans say recruit. Kid could be the next Sen Marks or the next bust. Let the mutts bask in the fact their team has not sniffed the SEC championship let alone the national title in quite some time.....also it's June dude...June...relax

Anyone else think we could be taking a page out of the FSU playbook, and by getting a couple guys that could transition to OL if DL doesn't work?

Manning has some long arms, and that push he gets would work IYAM. His HS coach seems to think he has more potential there.

Not a knock on this guy by any means, but are we so desperate for DL commits that we are accepting 2.5 star commits 7 months before signing day? Either these guys are the biggest diamonds in the rough that we have seen in a very very long time or our DL recruiting is not only in the tank, but now lies 6 feet under the tank.

I'm really hoping these guys are just under rated (which is very possible). We absolutely can't afford a subpar recruiting year on the DL, and it currently looks like the worst I can ever remember. Here's hoping these guys are special players that somehow all of the sites have missed on

TBH, our opinions don't matter. We're not the ones training him, coaching him, or creating schemes around him. The coaches are, and they like him enough to take his commitment. That is good enough for me, especially considering we have one of the best defensive minds in college football giving input on this one.

There's more to recruiting than just how a player plays right now. That kind of thinking is incredibly short sighted. There are tons of players who were very highly rated who didn't turn out, and tons of players who weren't highly ranked at all who turned out to be very special. TM's frame has tons of potential, and he has great instincts and a quick first step (especially for his size). I for one am glad to have him.

I like this kid after watching the film. He's quick to the football and when he got his hands on the ball carrier it was all over. Also like the blocks I saw and the attitude he shows to drive that person to the ground.

I bet this guy will surprise a few people in a couple years.

I didn't know we had so many professional defensive coaches and recruiters on this board...

Star gazers

I didn't know we had so many professional defensive coaches and recruiters on this board...

Star gazers

If Muschamp wants him I want him.

The last group of defensive linemen? That included a first rounder (Ford), two third rounders (Wright and Blackson), and I'd put strong money that Lambert, Adams, and Lawson are all first half of the draft guys. What's not to like there?

The last group of defensive linemen? That included a first rounder (Ford), two third rounders (Wright and Blackson), and I'd put strong money that Lambert, Adams, and Lawson are all first half of the draft guys. What's not to like there?

We also heard a lot about Russell and Lawrence coming out of spring.

Will freaking Muschamp is signing off on these guys. He's the best DC in the country until he isn't. I'm good with what's going on.

We also heard a lot about Russell and Lawrence coming out of spring.

Will freaking Muschamp is signing off on these guys. He's the best DC in the country until he isn't. I'm good with what's going on.

Here. Here!!

Ole Rod is recruiting kids that CWM tells him too. I think, and I'm in this group, we need to cut Rod some slack.

Ole Rod is recruiting kids that CWM tells him too. I think, and I'm in this group, we need to cut Rod some slack.

Great post, WDE. Really appreciate all your contributions to the board; but you're really bringing it this morning!

:wareagle:

Great post, WDE. Really appreciate all your contributions to the board; but you're really bringing it this morning!

Now don't get me wrong. If AU misses on a couple of these D-Line kids that AU is expecting to get this could get ugly. So far AU is in great shape.

:clap::thumbsup:

Now don't get me wrong. If AU misses on a couple of these D-Line kids that AU is expecting to get this could get ugly. So far AU is in great shape.

Fair enough.

Archived