The Cross and the Confederate Flag

TitanTiger

Not sarcasm, just truth. The states seceded over the issues of states tight. Slavery became the main issue shortly after the war started. Anyone who thinks different probably thinks the Emancipation Proclamation set the slaves free. But to each s own opinion.

Anyone who can look at the actual secession statements from each state and then claim slavery was not the primary, core justification for secession is truly and incorrigably delusional.

• Replies 910
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Uh oh a typo....You know what that means

"typo" acceptable. Lack of English comprehension is another matter...

Lol, Timmy you want to be debates you just don't have the credentials for. You can't be part of the look down on crowd, everyone is surprised when you type a basic sentence. Lol. You're far from an intellectual juggernaut, you're known for smileys....that's it. You're easily the biggest troll on this board. You think you can really joke on somebody's comprehension? Lol. You do know you're not taken serious on any level on any subject right?

Uh oh a typo....You know what that means

"typo" acceptable. Lack of English comprehension is another matter...

Lack of English Comprehension is a mandatory part of this board, or at least for some users here.

If I can keep Titan riled up we will soon be to 100 pages. ;)

I bet he don't know that Confederate soldiers are legal U. S. Veterans.

If I can keep Titan riled up we will soon be to 100 pages. ;)

I bet he don't know that Confederate soldiers are legal U. S. Veterans.

I bet I do...and that it isn't relevant to this discussion.

It is IMHO. If you look back it is a heck of a lot more relevant than many posts in this thread that you didn't make that comment about.

It is IMHO. If you look back it is a heck of a lot more relevant than many posts in this thread that you didn't make that comment about.

The fact that almost 100 years after the Civil War, some Dixiecrats in Congress got them to view Confederate veterans as US vets has zero bearing on what the Confederate flag symbolizes and the origins of the country that it represented.

So what does posts about Panama City in this thread have to do with the Confederate flag?

I don't think there were any "Dixiecrats" when Congress passed Public Law 810 in 1929.

But regardless of how the law came into being, the FACT it is a felon to remove a statue,

monument, or headstone of a U.S. veteran, and Confederate soldiers are by law considered to be U.S. Veterans.

So what does posts about Panama City in this thread have to do with the Confederate flag?

Was someone trying to use Panama City as some sort of proof of something? Does it matter?

I don't think there were any "Dixiecrats" when Congress passed Public Law 810 in 1929.

There were in 1958 when this was passed:

By Public Law 85-425, May 23, 1958 (H.R. 358) 72 Statute 133 states – “(3) (e) for the purpose of this section, and section 433, the term ‘veteran’ includes a person who served in the military or naval forces of the Confederate States of America during the Civil War, and the term ‘active, military or naval service’ includes active service in such forces.”
But regardless of how the law came into being, the FACT it is a felon to remove a statue, monument, or headstone of a U.S. veteran, and Confederate soldiers are by law considered to be U.S. Veterans.

So?

Look again, Proud. Titan is correct. They weren't considered veterans until 1958.

Look again, Proud. Titan is correct. They weren't considered veterans until 1958.

And regardless, it doesn't change a thing about the nature of the primary discussion here.

PT knows he's getting off tangent, he is using the lame joke of getting to a hundred pages to disguise himself saying a bunch of pointless stuff that he really feels but pretends is a joke

Can we at least prove that Union general's had slaves too? Give me some ointment for my buthurt huh!

Can we at least prove that Union general's had slaves too? Give me some ointment for my buthurt huh!

33b32b25e3e579547829796a9fbfaec2.jpg

Been gone awhile, went down to Mobile/Dauphin Island area to see mom for a bit.

The abundance of Bama flags upset me more than the confederate flags.... although in most cases they were flown together :/

Titan.....and again I say IMHO it is more relevant than many others in this thread. Why won't you acknowledge that?

Titan.....and again I say IMHO it is more relevant than many others in this thread. Why won't you acknowledge that?

Because that's not important either.

The veterans issue isn't relevant. There may be many other posts in almost 100 pages worth of stuff that are also irrelevant. Big whoop.

Archived